Events / Meetups > AvatarMeet 2016

<< < (2/3) > >>

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Does anyone know how long the Toruk show lasts?  The performance is at 8 PM, a potential time for the train home to leave is midnight. I would have to be at the train terminal by about 11 PM, and it is just a few blocks from the venue. That gives me about a three hour window to see the show, or else stay an additional day.

Toruk Makto:

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 17, 2016, 04:17:40 pm ---Does anyone know how long the Toruk show lasts?  The performance is at 8 PM, a potential time for the train home to leave is midnight. I would have to be at the train terminal by about 11 PM, and it is just a few blocks from the venue. That gives me about a three hour window to see the show, or else stay an additional day.

--- End quote ---

The show is about 1.5 hours, but there are going to be some special activities for our group after the show. You may want to consider staying another day.

-M.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Irayo, ma Marki. I kind of figured as much, so here are the plans as they exist at this moment:

Arrive by train early Friday morning
All day Friday and Saturday, I would be available for official activities.
I would stay over Saturday night night (and my vacation time to do this was approved literally five minutes ago!).
Sunday, I would check out, and hopefully organize a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo or some other venue/venues
Depart by train late Sunday evening.

The train ride is 2.5 days each way, with a surprisingly short segment between Chicago and Pittsburgh.
I will be packing very light on this trip.

So, I will need to find someone to share a room with Friday and Saturday night.

Nothing is cast in stone, yet.

Toruk Makto:
Txantsan!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Looks like the train option is out. If I had been able to book even a week earlier, it may have worked. Absolute budget limit is $500 (and that's pushing it), current train cost: $499. It will likely  go up daily from here. This is too bad because the train option is nearly perfect in all other aspects.

Time to see how much it will really cost to change the airfare. But at the rate its going, everything is priced out of my reach :(

Plus, I don't see anyone looking to share a room. But that will likely change as more people sign up.

More and more, its looking like 'Eylan is not coming :(

UPDATE: Some interesting financial stuff happened overnight. So, I can't say its over 'till its over  :palulukan:

FURTHER UPDATE: I came home this evening, ready to book the train trip, when I found an email informing me of an important hearing happening during the train travel window. This hearing involves fighting for our rights to own and breed exotic animals in this county, and is a fight we must try to win, even though we are likely to lose. So, the train is completely out of the picture :( This leaves fixing the useless airline ticket to Raleigh as the only travel option. But because we usually have planning and strategy sessions leading up to these hearings, I suspect is is all over for me and AM 2016.

To make matters worse, a friend of mine who lost her lion over the weekend announced she is giving up on lions. There is just nothing but sad and bad news any more :( tsngerawvìk sngawpay palulukanä

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version