Started by Alan, June 12, 2016, 12:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

For those going to AvatarMeet 2016 and don't get the newsletter you can find the latest information below:

Kämakto ko! 
Ohhh...we are so very nearly there at long last!  With less than a couple of weeks to go, we would like to give you one last newsletter with a rundown of the meet up that we have been able to plan.  In this issue you will find information about one or two planned events, the T-Shirt status, Karyu Pawl's Na'vi Lesson and more...

Planned Events
Although this meet up has had its trials and tribulations, your AvatarMeet Planning Team has tried to pull together a light program of events for us all to enjoy.  As you will see from the event schedule below, there will be time to explore Pittsburgh. To help with this, a Meet-up Survival Guide (MSG) has been prepared.  Inside it contains not only information about Pittsburgh, but also an overview of the public transport system, information on local restaurants, a brief history on Cirque du Soleil and an overview of Toruk - The First Flight.  Web links are provided for just about every aspect, along with QR codes for you to access further information by using your smart phone.  Each attendee will get their own copy at the meet up, but you can download your own PDF version before the meet up:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY

Event Schedule:
Wednesday June 22nd - Kaltxì Day 1:
Arrival day for some.
Thursday June 23rd - Kaltxì Day 2 and Avatar :
Arrival day for the remainder of the clan
6:30 pm - Meet and mingle evening.  Light snacks provided, drinks available from hotel bar.
7:30 pm - We will have a showing of Avatar.
Friday June 24th - Pittsburgh Explore:
Explore Pittsburgh day - We can decide exactly what we would like to do together or in smaller groups online prior to the event, or at the meet and mingle evening.
Saturday June 25th - Avatar - FULL ON!:
10:00 am 12:00 pm - Na'vi class with Karyu Paul
12:00 pm onwards - Paint Pittsburgh blue!
4:00 pm Om, yom, yom at the clan meal
7:00 pm gather at the CONSOL Stadium ready for TORUK - The First Flight
Post Show - VIP visit behind the scenes of the show and meet the performers
Sunday June 26th Kiyevame ulte Ewya ngahu day:
Departure day for our kelutral.

As ever, please note that any of the above is subject to change. Some things just may be beyond our control.

Toruk Na'vi Class
We are again very grateful to Karyu Pawl who will be giving us another 'txantsan' Na'vi lesson.  This time though, he will explore the language used in Toruk - The First Flight.  As you will expect, there will be one or two spoilers.  However, it will not diminish the amazing spectacle of the show and will help us immerse ourselves even more into the story.

If you would like to refresh your Na'vi, visit the LearnNa'vi YouTube Channel where you will find previous lessons for you to view.

Keep Your Shirt On!
Irayo nìtxan to everyone who ordered the AvatarMeet T-shirts.  A total of 35 T-shirts have been ordered and are being printed as we speak.  These will be brought to the meet-up courtesy of Fiyerwall, where attendees will be able to to pick them up.  For anyone not attending who ordered shirts, they will be forwarded on by Sarah post-meet-up.

Safe journeys everyone,

CyanRachel

Irayo nìtxan Alan, as always, for keeping us informed.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Wind12

Oe mllte!!! :D I am looking forward to this alot. Soon Litxahufwe will be on his way with me to Pittsburgh :p :)

Alan

Quote from: CyanRachel on June 12, 2016, 04:44:47 PM
Irayo nìtxan Alan, as always, for keeping us informed.  :)

No problem ma tsmuke.  We're nearly there now.  I climb aboard my Ikran tomorrow.

Quote from: Wind12 on June 12, 2016, 09:11:52 PM
Oe mllte!!! :D I am looking forward to this alot. Soon Litxahufwe will be on his way with me to Pittsburgh :p :)

Srane.  Yeah, it'll be great to see you again ma tsmukan.  Make sure Litxahufwe behaves themselves.  Hehehe

Alan

Wind12

Srane :D My vacation from work has already started tonight, as for Lìtxahufwe, he is always well behaved... as long as he gets his snacks( watch out aysawtute :p) ;)  :ikran: