Started by Alan, February 26, 2016, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Kaltxì ma frapo,

Time for some AvatarMeet 2016 News.  We have some very exciting news for you as you will read below.  But before that you will be glad to know that we have now secured rooms at a hotel for the meet-up at group rate.  Not only that, it is within walking distance of the PNC arena where the Cirque du Soleil show TORUK - The First Flight will be performed.  You will find all the details below.

A massive irayo nìtxan to Lightstorm!!
We have some amazing news regarding our visit to see TORUK - The First Flight.  Lightstorm Entertainment have very generously given us complimentary tickets to see the show!  That means it will not cost us a penny to see it.  Just how amazing is that?

Not that any proof was needed, but this further goes to show how much Lightstorm appreciate their fans.  Irayo nìtxan to Jon, Kathy and Brooks who have always been so approachable and supportive to all Avatar fans.  We will keep the Avatar flag flying!

Hotel Information
The hotel that AvatarMeet will be staying at this year is the Comfort Suites which is located within walking distance of the PNC arena. We have been able to get a group discount for the meet up event, which includes breakfast, as well as the usual amenities, such as Wi-Fi, pool and fitness center. In addition there is a restaurant next door and round the corner a mini store.

To find out all you need to know and how to book your room click here.  On that page you will also find travel information for arriving by plane or train.  For overseas travelers there is additional information on travel to the US.

A Visit to the Natives
We're currently working on planning a trip to visit the Occaneechi Band of the Saponi Nation.  They are indigenous to the Piedmont areas of North Carolina and Virginia and located about an hour outside of Raleigh. We're still communicating with them at the moment so nothing has been definitively set. Hopefully they will be as interested in us as we are in them.

Activities for AM16
What activities would you like to do?  Over the past few years we have tried to include a number of Avatar related activities, such as Cosplay, Na'vi crafts and of course the Na'vi language from Dr Paul Frommer, to whom we will for ever be in his debt.  We have also started to make volunteering a part of the meet up too, as that is a way for us to walk the talk and follow through on one of the themes of Avatar.

However, are there any specific activities you would like to see?  We can not guarantee we will be able to make them all happen, but we will do our best to make the meet up a fun, worthwhile and fulfilling experience for new and regular attendees.

So if you do have any ideas, let us know though the usual channels such here on the forums, the Facebook page or contact us directly.

And finally...Website & Roll Call
AvatarMeet.com has had the roll call page updated so you can add information regarding your hotel booking.  You can also tag if you are looking for a 'roomie' or if you already have one.  There are also other criteria to help you keep track of where you are with your meet up planning.

Click here to update your profile.  This will also help the planning team understand the number of people coming.  Irayo nìtxan.

CyanRachel

Irayo, Alan, for posting this awesome news for AvatarMeet 2016!  :D

Yes, a BIG Irayo nìtxan to Lightstorm for their continued generosity and support! Complimentary tickets for TORUK = Txantsan!  :)

Also, I'm really excited about the planned visit to the Saponi Nation People! I'm very much interested in Native American cultures, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I always hoped we would one day include this type of event into AvatarMeet, so Irayo to whoever is planning this!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

No worries ma tsmuke.  There's a little team working to make it happen.

Lightstorm have really been amazing to all us Avatar fans right from the beginning.  We could not have had a beter group of folks there.

It'll be great to visit the Native Americans.  Hopefully it will all come good.  Fiyerwall have been doing the research and hard work in contacting them.

Alan

Wind12

Fì'u lu TXANTSAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will take  :ikran: to see  :toruk: (nìmun) ;) (he's visiting the pa'li clans of the midwest in April as well)

Alan

Is that wise to take  :ikran: to see  :toruk:?  I mean I think I would take a  :nantang: or a  :palulukan: along....just in case.  ;)   ;D ;D

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo nìtxan nang nang nang!! ne Lightstorm! They truly are amazing, and generous!

In my case, of course, it will be a  :palulukan: all the way!

Will the Saponi Nation visit be during the meetup , or before/after? I am very close to start making flight bookings and reservations.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Kaltxì ma 'eylan,

We are very much looking for the Saponi Nation visit, if we can pull it off, to be very much part of the meet up.  We will keep everyone posted of progress.

In the mean time everyone, don't forget to book your hotel rooms.

Alan

Ertew

Wish to be with You, but I can't.  :'(
Apart from my studies, I can't afford for plane flight between EU (Poland or Germany) and USA.
And I'm sad because next year would be without CdS show.  :'(
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Alan

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year.  :(

Well, next year we will probably be visiting AvatarLand and the year after that will be the premiere of Avatar 2, so there is still plenty to look forward too and time to save up.  Takes me a year to save up for the trip over, so it's possible.

Eywa ngahu ma 'eylan

Alan

Ikxeru

Quote from: Ertew on March 07, 2016, 04:50:03 PM
And I'm sad because next year would be without CdS show.  :'(
Yes, but next year will be awesome, too... Cause 2017 the opening of the Pandora-Land at Orlando's Disney Park is scheduled, which will be a bomb. So, start saving money NOW.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And frankly, if I had to choose between seeing 'Toruk' and visiting the 'World of Pandoa', it would be 'World of Pandora' hands down. Toruk will eventually make its way out west here, and if it is like other Cirque shows that come here, it is a five minute walk from where I work. For 'World of Pandora', not only will this be Kosmantxantsanwounìwotxnang, but it is located in a major zoo, and it is not far from the Kennedy Space Center.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

mikkowilson

We have some big news about AvatarMeet 2016. Please check out this post: https://forum.learnnavi.org/avatarmeet-2016/avatarmeet-2016-in-flux/

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387