Started by Alan, November 27, 2016, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Kaltxì ma frapo,

It's taken a while, but finally we now have the videos from AvatarMeet 2016 to share.  If you were unable to make the meet up, you will be able to see what we got up to and experience the meet up yourself.

For those who were able to make it, you can now share the video with your friends and family so they can see what you got up to.  ;)

There are two videos:  The first one covers the majority of the meet up, including meeting the Cirque du Soleil cast who came to Karyu Pawl's Na'vi lesson, painting Pittsburgh blue and going to see Toruk- The First Flight.  The second video covers the behind the scene tour given by the Cirque du Soleil cast and crew.  You can view the videos via the links below:

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQnF8AsPZhE

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyVifcgwUd8

Alan

Toliman

Nice videos (both)  :) :) Thanks for posting of this, ma Alan :)

Lynxcat

I watched this on Youtube and it looked like fun! I wish I could go! Though, I do have a question: Who was the male cosplayer that DIDNT have the Toruk headpiece? - Because that cosplay was STUNNING! I would love to ask them questions on how they did it.  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Alan

Irayo for the kind comments. :)  Its nice to share with everyone the clan family moving album. :)

Quote from: Lynxcat on November 28, 2016, 06:55:38 AM
I watched this on Youtube and it looked like fun! I wish I could go! Though, I do have a question: Who was the male cosplayer that DIDNT have the Toruk headpiece? - Because that cosplay was STUNNING! I would love to ask them questions on how they did it.  :)

That's Solian.  I'm not sure if he is on here or Tree of Souls.  I'll let him know.

Alan

Lynxcat

Quote from: Alan on November 29, 2016, 02:20:22 PM
Irayo for the kind comments. :)  Its nice to share with everyone the clan family moving album. :)

Quote from: Lynxcat on November 28, 2016, 06:55:38 AM

That's Solian.  I'm not sure if he is on here or Tree of Souls.  I'll let him know.

Alan

Ohhh tam. Irayo ma eylan!  :)

Solian

Hello Lynxcat!  ;) Alan told me you had questions. Ask away and thank you for the nice words. :D 

Lynxcat

AHH! Kaltxi ma eylan! Thank you for responding. It really means ALOT!  :) I hope to cosplay as a Na'vi one day so I do have a couple questions. So here I go  ;D

Question 1: Where did you get your ear and nose prosthetic? It is very impressive!  :o
Question 2: Where did you get you wig? Did you buy a pre-braided wig or did you just buy a black wig then braid it yourself?
Question 3: What paint did you use? It seems that it lasted all day and it didn't smudge or smear at all!
Question 4: Did you make all of your na'vi clothing or did you buy it?
Question 5: What body paint did you use and how long was the appliance?
Question 6: Where did you get your tail? Did you buy it or make it yourself?

Well that's all of my questions. I hope I didn't annoy you too much.  ;D I'm just very impressed by it!  :)

Tìtstewan

These are excellent videos! Irayo nìtxan! Meh, I wish I were there...

EDIT: And awesome cosplay! Wou!

PS: I'll try to attempt the next Avatar Meet.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Solian

Quote from: Lynxcat on November 29, 2016, 03:11:35 PM
AHH! Kaltxi ma eylan! Thank you for responding. It really means ALOT!  :) I hope to cosplay as a Na'vi one day so I do have a couple questions. So here I go  ;D

Question 1: Where did you get your ear and nose prosthetic? It is very impressive!  :o
Question 2: Where did you get you wig? Did you buy a pre-braided wig or did you just buy a black wig then braid it yourself?
Question 3: What paint did you use? It seems that it lasted all day and it didn't smudge or smear at all!

Well that's all of my questions. I hope I didn't annoy you too much.  ;D I'm just very impressed by it!  :)

No problem! I happily answer all your questions! ;)

1. The ears are from a store called Reelmagik which also sells lots of make-up supplies for all your Na'vi cosplaying needs. When I first cosplayed back in Seattle 2012, I used a nose prosthetic from Reelmagik as well but it didn't really fit my face so this time I wanted to make a custom-made nose that fitted my face and nose. So with some plaster, clay and liquid latex, tadaa! Made my own nose! :D

2. The braid itself is from my last cosplay. Basically, buy the longest black hair extensions you can find and braid it. Since I wanted to cosplay as Toruk Makto this time, my old wig wouldn't do. So I shaved my sides and attached a black clip hair extensions to my hair and attached the braid to it, as well as the feathers, pearls and the hairpiece. I then used black color hairspray since my hair is naturally brown.

3. The paint is also from Reelmagik. Its called PAX Paint and the only way for that to get off is to rub it really hard. You can sleep with it on as well (trust me, I did) since it doesn't smudge. I used the paints called Avatar Blue and darker blue for the stripes and some white for the dots. The paint is very durable, but be careful with friction since it can flake off.

4. I am lucky to have a very creative sister that helped me out alot. She did the knife, headpiece, the choker and the bracelets. She also did the feather assembly. I did the shin guards, arm guard, loincloth as well as braiding the hair and adding pearls to it. I also made the hairpiece. So all homemade with foam and lots of hobby stuff. :D

5. Like I said, PAX Paint from Reelmagik. One bottle last for two cosplays so its awesome. Since I had more stuff now since last time, my appliance took around 6-7 hours, adding the warpaint as well. So in total maybe around 9 hours if you do it all in one go. I had already painted the majority of my body the day before, as you can see in the video. ;) The cosplay in Seattle 2012 took 6 hours I think.

6. When I studied at the university, I knew a very talented girl that did prop stuff so I asked her if she wanted to make me a Na'vi tail. She was like: "Sure, that looks super-easy". Easy for her, but it really turned out fantastic and I happily paid her for her time.

Hope the answers are satisfactory and asked me more if you want. :D

Lynxcat

Quote from: Solian on November 29, 2016, 04:03:58 PM
Quote from: Lynxcat on November 29, 2016, 03:11:35 PM

No problem! I happily answer all your questions! ;)

1. The ears are from a store called Reelmagik which also sells lots of make-up supplies for all your Na'vi cosplaying needs. When I first cosplayed back in Seattle 2012, I used a nose prosthetic from Reelmagik as well but it didn't really fit my face so this time I wanted to make a custom-made nose that fitted my face and nose. So with some plaster, clay and liquid latex, tadaa! Made my own nose! :D

2. The braid itself is from my last cosplay. Basically, buy the longest black hair extensions you can find and braid it. Since I wanted to cosplay as Toruk Makto this time, my old wig wouldn't do. So I shaved my sides and attached a black clip hair extensions to my hair and attached the braid to it, as well as the feathers, pearls and the hairpiece. I then used black color hairspray since my hair is naturally brown.

3. The paint is also from Reelmagik. Its called PAX Paint and the only way for that to get off is to rub it really hard. You can sleep with it on as well (trust me, I did) since it doesn't smudge. I used the paints called Avatar Blue and darker blue for the stripes and some white for the dots. The paint is very durable, but be careful with friction since it can flake off.

4. I am lucky to have a very creative sister that helped me out alot. She did the knife, headpiece, the choker and the bracelets. She also did the feather assembly. I did the shin guards, arm guard, loincloth as well as braiding the hair and adding pearls to it. I also made the hairpiece. So all homemade with foam and lots of hobby stuff. :D

5. Like I said, PAX Paint from Reelmagik. One bottle last for two cosplays so its awesome. Since I had more stuff now since last time, my appliance took around 6-7 hours, adding the warpaint as well. So in total maybe around 9 hours if you do it all in one go. I had already painted the majority of my body the day before, as you can see in the video. ;) The cosplay in Seattle 2012 took 6 hours I think.

6. When I studied at the university, I knew a very talented girl that did prop stuff so I asked her if she wanted to make me a Na'vi tail. She was like: "Sure, that looks super-easy". Easy for her, but it really turned out fantastic and I happily paid her for her time.

Hope the answers are satisfactory and asked me more if you want. :D

Ahh Irayo nixtan ma eylan! Thank you very much! - and the whole nose thing.. I'm guessing that you first made a face cast and molded onto it. I tried that but my face cast turned out horribly. I'll have to try it again.  :)

Solian

Yes, that exactly what I did. Used clay to sculpt the Na'vi nose around my own and then made a face cast with the new nose. :)

Lynxcat

Quote from: Solian on November 29, 2016, 04:40:31 PM
Yes, that exactly what I did. Used clay to sculpt the Na'vi nose around my own and then made a face cast with the new nose. :)

Oh ok awesome! Thank you for all of your help!  :)

Toliman

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'll have to go back to my pictures of AM2012 and see if I can pick out Solian's cosplay. Mine stunk. But since then, I have acquired all the right parts. Now, all I need is time, a space to do the prep and a Na'vi-like body ;)

How did you remove the PAX paint when you were done?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Lynxcat

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 30, 2016, 03:31:15 PM
I'll have to go back to my pictures of AM2012 and see if I can pick out Solian's cosplay. Mine stunk. But since then, I have acquired all the right parts. Now, all I need is time, a space to do the prep and a Na'vi-like body ;)

I am not Solian at all  ;D but I did read that the paint contains spirit gum, which is a body adhesive (It's like a sticky substance) - If the fact that it has spirit gum is true, the best remover would just be "spirit gum remover". I have a huge bottle of it and it can rub honestly anything off. It's great and it's not even that expensive. The only downfall is that it kinda stings when removing stuff off the face, though the pain is very minimal. I hope this helps.  :)

Solian

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 30, 2016, 03:31:15 PM

Hi there! Just stand in the shower and rub is what I did. ;) There is probably better ways to do that, but that's what I did.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo nìtxan, ma Lynxcat sì Solian!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 29, 2016, 03:59:03 PM
These are excellent videos! Irayo nìtxan! Meh, I wish I were there...

EDIT: And awesome cosplay! Wou!

PS: I'll try to attempt the next Avatar Meet.

Irayon nìtxan ma tsmukan.  Srane, you'll definitely have to make it to the next one ;)

Alan