Poll: Cirque du Soleil - Toruk Show for AvatarMeet 2016?

Started by Alan, August 07, 2015, 02:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How likely are you to attend AM16 to see Toruk during June 22-25 in Raleigh NC

Almost certain I can make it
Maybe, depends on money, work, etc
No, pretty sure I can't make it

Alan

Kaltxì ma frapo,

Phew!  Well, hot on the heels of AvatarMeet 2015 and with a lot of Facebook activity in the background, how about AvatarMeet 2016 makes a visit to watch the Cirque du Soleil Avatar show - 'Toruk' for next year's meet up?

The Cirque du Soleil show, that starts touring in November, finds itself in Raleigh, North Carolina, in late June 2016 and it has been heavily suggested that we have a meet up there to watch the show as a clan.  We have done some initial research and found that the seats appear to be going pretty fast - even this far out.  So we may need to act fast to secure seats for the clan to attend this spectacular show.

What we would like to know is how many people would be interested in attending.  So if you could select which option best suits your situation in the poll above that would be very much appreciated, especially if you could respond before Monday 10th August (as this is when we intend contacting the show ticket providers regarding a potential group booking)

Another activity that has been suggested is a visit to Native American reserve, which sounds like a very apt thing to do.

For anyone who would like a bit more information on the Cirque du Soleil Toruk Show follow this link: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/toruk

Well, lets get the ball rolling.  Irayo.

Alan

Tìlu

I'd be interested in especially going if it was either of the ones in Oklahoma (OKC or Tulsa), since I doubt I'd be able to get to any of the other showings with an Avatar fangroup, so I voted a maybe in the poll.

Alan

Well, you never know Tìlu, the might be opportunities for mini-meets to attend shows at other locations?

At the moment, adding together the votes from Facebook and Tree of Souls we have about 30 people interested.

Is there anyone else interested in joining the clan to see the Cirque du Soleil Avatar show 'Toruk'?  If so, go vote in the poll above.  Irayo. :)

Alan

CyanRachel

I think this is a great idea for AvatarMeet 2016, and I do hope we can make it happen! Hopefully we'll be able to get a good Group Rate on purchasing tickets to one of the Raleigh NC performances. So I voted YES.  :D

Also, I do like the suggestion of visiting a Native American reservation too.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Wind12

I voted Srane on ToS :) :) :) Never too early to start thinking about the next meet. ;)

Alan

Just wanted to drop by with a bit of an update:

I got a reply from the group bookings bloke at the PNC Arena.  So I gave him a ring and he said they can hold group booking seats for 1 month from the date of the request.

He said there is a trickle of seats being taken, but gave the impression that group bookings tend to happen closer the event.  I did mention January as our normal booking month, but he didn't seem concerned about that.  I would say we need to keep an eye on this.

I also asked about folks attending in Cosplay and he said he would enquire with Cirque du Soleil and get back to me.

So there we go.  Any thoughts/comments?

Alan

Sìkat

If there's any possible way I can go, I *will* go, since Raleigh is within a day's driving distance for me (and for a few others, if they're willing to fly into/out of Albany, NY)

Alan

Yeah, definite would be great to see you again Sìkat.  Maybe a rail journey from Albany to Raleigh..... ;)  I may do that from NY to Raleigh if it all goes swimmingly well.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

You might want to re-word the first option to read like it does on Tree of Souls: "Almost certain I can make it".

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

How strange!  I wonder if it had been changed as people voted?  Hmmm....  It's been changed anyway.  Irayo.

Alan

Wind12

Alan

Just an update for everyone:

I got a reply from the group ticket sales chappy at the PNC Arena, who enquired regarding people attending in cosplay and he said Cirque du Soleil don't have a problem with people attending as characters from Avatar.

So a result for anyone who would like to do that at the meet up.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

In which case, we might want to work up an organized cosplay, like we did for AM 2012.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

BlueHusky2154

I might be able to come to AM16, and if I do come, I will cosplay. An organized cosplay would be great. :)
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Alan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 17, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
In which case, we might want to work up an organized cosplay, like we did for AM 2012.

Yes it would be good to co-ordinate.  One thing we would have to note is that any cosplay weapons would probably not be allowed in the arena - I remember seeing a line of Na'vi at the EMP museum as bows, arrows, knives and staffs were handed in - it was actually quite funny.  ;D

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on August 17, 2015, 04:02:59 PM
I might be able to come to AM16, and if I do come, I will cosplay. An organized cosplay would be great. :)

Hope you can make it.  Cosplay at AM2012 drew quite a large crowd.  Check out the video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRL8Y2nNaFM

Alan

Ikxeru

... Brings up extremly amazing memories...  I'll cut off my kxetse if I can't make it. 
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

QuoteHow likely are you to attend AM16 to see Toruk during June 22-25 in Raleigh NC?

• Almost certain I can make it
  • Maybe, depends on money, work, etc.
  • No, pretty sure I can't make it

If i will able to get to USA, i would like to see that and also do cosplay but it depend on lots of unknown. :)

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h