Selected AvatarMeet 2016 activities will be presented live on LearnNavi WebEx

Started by Toruk Makto, June 13, 2016, 12:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

IMHO, it absolutely should be recorded. The spoilers won't be that important after a while, but the lessons from the Karyu Tsulfätu are timeless.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Raiden

Quote from: Sarah Noel on June 17, 2016, 11:13:41 AM
Marki or Alan, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if we've decided to film this years Na'vi lesson because it contains Toruk spoilers, did we change our minds on that?

Does it matter?

1) A lot of people from outside the US on the forums may never be able to see the show.

2) Those of us who weren't able to come to the meetup who are in the US aren't terribly likely to be able to see it either, unless they keep it running for another year.

I might poke my head in tomorrow. Feeling pretty frustrated that I couldn't attend this year, even if it's for the better.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Raiden, would you consider coming to Denver in July? July 23 is when I think I have a good chance to make it to Denver.

Yawey ngahu!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!

Tìtstewan

Watching the Na'vi lesson was so cool, wou! Thank you Markì for making it possible to watch it live! :toruk: :palulukan: :D :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Hell, seems I've missed this topic - and all broadcasting too >:( Is there any recording, at least from lesson?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

Usually, Na'vi lesson at AvatarMeet will be recorded and available later. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Wind12

The lesson and the meet were awesome as always, I feel honored to be lucky enough to be able to be a member of, and participate in the Avatar community. Im at the airport now, if everything goes right "Litxahufwe" :ikran: will have me back in Missouri before 10 pm central US time.  :) :) Although sitting at the airport getting ready to leave is always sad, there is the next time to look forward to. :)

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 25, 2016, 04:11:17 PM

This particular lesson was not recorded since it contained information that is intellectual property of Cirque du Soliel. They asked that no electronic recordings be made. We didn't know this until too late to announce it. :(

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Plumps

I see. Understandable.

Does that mean that we won't see the handout in any written form as well?

I just ask because written/spoken text is so important for us and if I'm not mistaken there was one particular example that Paul discussed and that I made a note of where the transitivity of a verb was clarified... Without reference that would be ... too bad ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That's too bad, as I thought that was the finest lesson K. Pawl has ever given. Although a review for many of us, he has never gone into lenition or tripartate noun case functions at great length before. There was some new material I caught as well, but I think now we need to wait until Pawl officially releases it.

Yawey ngahu!

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Toruk Makto on June 27, 2016, 02:17:56 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 25, 2016, 04:11:17 PM

This particular lesson was not recorded since it contained information that is intellectual property of Cirque du Soliel. They asked that no electronic recordings be made. We didn't know this until too late to announce it. :(
:( :( :(

I also heard some new stuff and I took some screenshots of the PowerPoint presentation. (I am not sure if it falls also under intellectual property of CdS, too)
Like an example of Ngaru fì'ut (I remember the version the the 2014 handout: Ngaru fì'u)