Selected AvatarMeet 2016 activities will be presented live on LearnNavi WebEx

Started by Toruk Makto, June 13, 2016, 12:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

LearnNavi will be sharing some of the 2016 AvatarMeet events live!

With the late change to the Cirque show due to the discriminatory legislation in North Carolina, many people have had to cancel their plans to attend AvatarMeet 2016. Although that is very sad only, the next best thing is a live video teleconference of selected events at the meet, which we are happy to be able to provide. Go Go Gadget, Internet! The list of planned live events is below:

• Wednesday, June 15th 6:00pm-9:00pm EDT: AvatarMeet TEST webmeeting (test your connectivity and setup). WebEx meeting number: 990 500 901
  • Thursday, June 23rd at 6:00pm EDT: AvatarMeet "Meet and Mingle" to kick off the meetup.  WebEx meeting number: 999 410 800
  • Saturday, June 25th at 10:00am EDT (tentative): Karyu Pawl's Na'vi Language Lesson, featuring the Na'vi used in 'TORUK - The First Flight'. WebEx meeting number: 991 597 483

Remember, all times above are Eastern Daylight Time in the US, so please adjust for your time zone accordingly. The webmeets are accessible from anywhere on the internet, so all are welcome from anywhere on 'Rrta (Earth)! There is no charge for attending the webmeets. Please note that the system limit is 50 participants and participation will be on a first come, first served basis. If the capacity is exceeded, no additional participants can be accommodated.

There will be additional events added as they are firmed up.

How to participate in the WebMeeting:

Start your browser and go to https://ultxa.learnnavi.org/orion/join?siteurl=webmeet. In the "Meeting Number" field, enter the WebEx meeting number for the specific event listed above that you are attending. Enter your name and email in the next two fields and click "Join". You may be asked to install the WebEx browser plugin or temporary applet. If you don't want to install the plugin, just choose "Run a temporary application" for just the current session. Once connected, click on "Call Using Computer" to get the audio going (it's not automatic). If you have a webcam, you can send video by clicking on the camera icon, however it's not required.  There may be as many as 50 people on the conference, so please mute your microphone if you are not speaking.

This will be the first major event to use the LearnNavi WebMeet service, so please bear with us if there are some technical glitches at first. No problems are anticipated, but I will be monitoring this topic here in the forum during the events, so if you have trouble, just post here and I'll try to help. :)

-Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewtitxantsankosnamwounìwotxnang!!  :palulukan:

I will absolutely be there for the Na'vi lesson, and quite likely, for the meet and greet.

Is there an OS requirement for using WebEx?

I'm so sad I can't be there in person, but this definitely helps!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Wllìm

Wou! Live language lessons! :D Thank you so much!
The meet and greet is going to be difficult for me, since this will be after midnight for me, and I still have a working day afterwards ::)

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 13, 2016, 02:58:58 PM

On the WebEx site it says Windows and Mac only. While I'm a Linux user, luckily we also have a Windows computer in our home. Can't miss language lessons from Karyu Pawl because of OS differences  :D

Alan

Broadcasting live from Pittsburgh....AvatarMeet!  Gulp!  Hehehe

Alan

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 14, 2016, 01:09:53 AM

But... ...I have to work at those times. :( :'(

Keftxo nì'aw ngaru ma Tìtstewan. :(

Tewtitxantsankosmanwounìwotxnang!!  :palulukan:
^That
I like how we use the techonogy to connect with people who can't be there. *

As for me, I see that I'm not going to have sleep between Thursday and Friday. :P

Unfortunately, I am away in the wild at the time of weekend session with Karyu Pawl. I hope, someone will record it and that you'all'll have fun there. :)

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Ertew

Very nice idea.
Sadly I cannot be there and because of timezone shift I cannot watch the opening ceremony  :(
Maybe I can record na'vi lessons but it's depend on many things.

Hope somebody bring camcorder to meetup and share records.

Quote from: Toruk Makto on June 13, 2016, 12:28:42 PM[...]
Remember, all times are Eastern Daylight Time in the US, so please adjust for your time zone accordingly.
[...]
Here actual* time for USA: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/edt
And for Europe*: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cest
*It's ok but may not be valid after few months, depend on DST things.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

These events, and especially, the Na'vi lesson, are always recorded.

As things stand now, I will not be there for the meet-and-greet. One of the two meetings making me miss AvatarMeet occurs at the same time.

I will go out of my way, though, to be present for the Na'vi lesson. I'll have to come into work to do it, because I do not have a Windows machine at home. There, I can also set up a webcam and be live video/audio.

Yawey ngahu!

Toruk Makto

Tewtitxantsankosnamwounìwotxnang!!  :palulukan:

I will absolutely be there for the Na'vi lesson, and quite likely, for the meet and greet.

I'm so sad I can't be there in person, but this definitely helps!

Connecting requires a plugin that can be downloaded from the LN WebEx Server when you connect.  There are also apps for iPhone and Android (search for webex).

I think I should set up a test webconference for people to get set up properly before the actual events. Stay tuned for a post on this.

Toruk Makto

OK, added a test conference for this evening. I'll add some more morning and afternoon test sessions over the nex few days, so keep an eye on the first post in this topic.  -M.

I wonder if we should put the Card Against Humanity games up on WebEx. It's a great spectator sport!   :o :D ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Toruk Makto on June 15, 2016, 03:19:43 PM
OK, added a test conference for this evening. I'll add some more morning and afternoon test sessions over the nex few days, so keep an eye on the first post in this topic.  -M.

I wonder if we should put the Card Against Humanity games up on WebEx. It's a great spectator sport!   :o :D ;)

I'll keep an eye out for the test WebEx sessions. I have used WebEx before for other purposes, so it should not be a big issue.
As for the CAH sessions, that could be a lot of fun, but the evening timeslot this game is usually played in may not work for me.

Yawey ngahu!

Tirea Aean

Of COURSE I just now see this... :'(

I was at divisional PT..

Hope y'all had fun

EDIT: Oh today was just a system test.. sweet. I'm using Android and everything seemed to work up until I tried to join in. I'm assuming the session ended before I tried to join. I'm not super worried about it since I don't seem to have missed anything amazing. I'll see what I can do for the later dates.

Thanks for being so epic and doing this for those of us unable to be there! :D

Toruk Makto

It's running.  You need to make sure you are connecting to webmeet.learnnavi.org.  The Android app tries to go webex.com by default...

Tirea Aean

I got it to work until I left WiFi
Range. I'm excited to try my best to make most of the airtime next week! :D

Ftiafpi

Darn work keeping me away from the meet and mingle; definitely going to try to make it on for the lesson with Dr. Frommer, though. Thanks for providing this for those who couldn't make it.

Plumps

Great idea and opportunity that the interwebs gives us.  :D

Horay for Markì, making this all possible.

I'll see whether I can make it :D

Sarah Noel

Marki or Alan, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if we've decided to film this years Na'vi lesson because it contains Toruk spoilers, did we change our minds on that?

Toruk Makto

Tìtstewan

If my plan works, I will be able to participate the Na'vi lesson on June 25. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-