Events / Meetups > AvatarMeet 2016

West Coast Toruk Tour!

(1/3) > >>

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Toruk is coming to the West Coast of the US for a tour in late 2016 and early 2017!  :toruk:

One of these places is Sacramento, California, starting November 30th. There are other places it is coming in California as well, but Sacramento is just 2.5 hours from my doorstep, and even closer to folks in the Bay area. I thought it might be fun to try and organize a mini meetup at that time, as I know there are a lot of smuk in the Bay area. (This might work around a show stop in the Bay area as well.)

Any ideas/takers?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Its looking like Toruk will be in Sacramento, California in late November/early December, Portland, Oregon in early December, and Las Vegas, Nevada in early January. Anyone interested in a meetup in any of these locations?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
FINALLY! Got my ticket to see Toruk tomorrow, 3:30. Golden One Center, Sacramento CA I'm going with a broadcast equipment collector who turned out to be a serious Avatar fan as well!

Toliman:

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 01, 2016, 12:20:04 pm ---FINALLY! Got my ticket to see Toruk tomorrow, 3:30. Golden One Center, Sacramento CA I'm going with a broadcast equipment collector who turned out to be a serious Avatar fan as well!

--- End quote ---
Txantsan ngaru  :)
I would like see it too. Enjoy it  :) :toruk:

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
Well, it finally happened. I saw Toruk: The First Flight today!
I was not expecting the level of spectacle I actually say.  The person I went with (A broadcast equipment collector like myself, who I did not previously know was a serious Avatar fan! In fact, we stopped and picked up a videotape machine on the way to the show.) summed it up nicely: "A three ring circus". This is a show you can't watch but once. There is so much going on. We both walked out of the arena amazed!

What we didn't like: The airport-style security (which made us go back to the car and dispose of our metal objects), and the steep pitch of the seats in this brand-new arena.

What we liked: Everything else!!

Best moment: When the thanator skeleton was tuned and pointed right at me for several minutes  :palulukan: :) :) :) :)  :palulukan:

Ma Toliman, I hope your desire and the desire of all of the European smuk comes true and you are able to see the show. Better yet, come over here sometime, if you ever can! I'll show you some great dark places out here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version