t-shirt art contest

Started by Sarah Noel, April 05, 2017, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Noel

Sorry this took so long, the tagline winner:
Return to Pandora

We'll now take T-shirt design submissions, keep it to 3 or so ink colors. We'll be printing these through custom ink, same as last year. I'm going to tentatively declare art submissions deadline to be July 1st.

(A more official-looking announcement and roll out of the tagline will be in the future, I just wanted to give any artists as much time as possible with which to work)

CyanRachel

Kaltxì.
Here's my design entry:
It shows a Na'vi (Neytiri perhaps  :D) silhouetted against Hometree *and* the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life. Above are Floating Mountains and an Ikran.
I think the design looks best on either a white or medium blue shirt, but I've also included it on a lighter blue shirt.  :)

Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Eana Unil

Kaltxì ma frapo :)

I wanted to participate the past couple of years/contests, but I just couldn't take enough courage... this changes today tho :)
(it has 5 colors, txoa, but 3 or 4 only looked really crappy and well... heh ^^)

I think it would look even better with the slogan in a bold font (or maybe just Parchment in capitals) in the background, maybe the words somewhat offset to each other ^^

(I'd be able to provide high resolution original files with transparent background)

Here's my entry:

(Edit: I made a 2nd design and added it)

Ertew

I'm not an artist (never wanna be) thus I cannot show my project, just write bare idea.

I just read that cosplay is not allowed at Disneyland. What You think about 'blue protest'?
Base shirt color: right cyan-blue color, especially eye-blinding cyan that looks brighter than any surrounding fabric.
Printed pattern: blue Na'vi strips and white dots on front and back, third color for meetup motto at top back. Maybe add white atokirina' at arm (if possible to print).
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Blue Elf

Whatever design wins, I like all currently presented. It will be hard to choose one to be printed.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 21, 2017, 02:24:17 PM
Whatever design wins, I like all currently presented. It will be hard to choose one to be printed.
True, all proposed are nice :)

Eana Unil

Quote from: Ertew on April 21, 2017, 02:20:23 PM
I'm not an artist (never wanna be) thus I cannot show my project, just write bare idea.

I just read that cosplay is not allowed at Disneyland. What You think about 'blue protest'?
Base shirt color: right cyan-blue color, especially eye-blinding cyan that looks brighter than any surrounding fabric.
Printed pattern: blue Na'vi strips and white dots on front and back, third color for meetup motto at top back. Maybe add white atokirina' at arm (if possible to print).
I really like that idea :D afaIk allover prints are kinda difficult and thus quite pricy, nìkeftxo :/ But would totally be worth it imo ;D

Ertew

Quote from: Eana Unil on April 21, 2017, 03:24:53 PMI really like that idea :D afaIk allover prints are kinda difficult and thus quite pricy, nìkeftxo :/
I found instruction how to order custom t-shirts. They have basic options: small image on front & back or big logo at front & smaller at back. According to that I think about 'big logo' at front and back. But that's just first idea. Having stripes all over would be even more awesome.

Quote from: Eana Unil on April 21, 2017, 03:24:53 PMafaIk allover prints are kinda difficult and thus quite pricy, nìkeftxo :/ But would totally be worth it imo ;D
Please compare this high prices to Disney merchandises. IMHO allover printing are still cheaper than official products.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Lynxcat

Srane! All shirt designs are beautiful, but I am very fond of ma tseotu Eana Unil's second design with the leaping Na'vi; It's very simplistic yet detailed at the same time. I'll have to join the contest next year when I gain more graphic design skills.  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Lynxcat on May 29, 2017, 06:41:05 PM
Srane! All shirt designs are beautiful, but I am very fond of ma tseotu Eana Unil's second design with the leaping Na'vi; It's very simplistic yet detailed at the same time. I'll have to join the contest next year when I gain more graphic design skills.  :)

Mllte ngahu

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Barby007

Quote from: CyanRachel on April 20, 2017, 06:23:55 PM
Kaltxì.
Here's my design entry:
It shows a Na'vi (Neytiri perhaps  :D) silhouetted against Hometree *and* the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life. Above are Floating Mountains and an Ikran.
I think the design looks best on either a white or medium blue shirt, but I've also included it on a lighter blue shirt.  :)

I like this one ^^^^ on the very light blue color.

Barby  :D
"You can only lose something that you have, you cannot lose something that you are." - Eckhart Tolle

Barby007

Also like this one in the Navy blue...

Barby  :D
"You can only lose something that you have, you cannot lose something that you are." - Eckhart Tolle