AvatarMeet 2018 North America (ideas and such)

Started by BlueHusky2154, November 27, 2017, 12:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueHusky2154

So it seems that we might have two separate meets, and Mako's idea about Yellowstone is a great idea. I don't live far from there, and I've been there many times and know all the good spots. Hotels there are expensive, but you can book cabins for a far more reasonable price.
West Yellowstone, MT is basically the hub town. The Grand Tetons are nearby, as well as Beartooth Pass.

Post your ideas here, let's get brainstorming!
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Ertew

Nice idea and nice place. The time distance between meetup will be about 3 months. If someone want, it's possible to take part in both meets.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

BlueHusky2154

I would like to have the North America meet to be over the summer, because the weather in Yellowstone rarely exceeds 75F/24C in summer at an average elevation of 7,500ft/2,286m above sea level.
It is a great place to go with lots of wildlife, scenery, geological features, and excellent stargazing.
Grand Teton National Park is just to the south, and it features a very picture-esqe moutain range. Beartooth Pass is a popular road to ride and it takes you up to 10,947ft/3,337m above sea level.

Pics:
My life summarized.

Mako

Kerä Rimatskxene a fì'u sunu oer. Kop pxaya seng ayrr smon oer, mì Kalìfornya sì lahea seng. Yosemìti lu tseng asìltsan nìteng. New kivä fratsengne! :-\

BlueHusky2154

I think Yellowstone would be a great place to have a meetup. I'm from Montana and would love to see a meetup in YNP.
My life summarized.

Vawmataw

Not only it is a beautiful place but it allows the participants to get in touch with the nature. What was Avatar about already? ;)
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 28, 2017, 04:14:37 PM
Not only it is a beautiful place but it allows the participants to get in touch with the nature. What was Avatar about already? ;)
The truth. Yellowstone is filled with hiking trails, anf frankly, I enjoy hiking.
My life summarized.

Vawmataw

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 28, 2017, 04:46:36 PM
The truth. Yellowstone is filled with hiking trails, anf frankly, I enjoy hiking.
You would win my presence for that, but I might not have the time to go to the US next summer.

Toliman

I totally agree :) One day, I really would like visit this place ... but too far from me :(

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Toliman on November 28, 2017, 04:54:09 PM
I totally agree :) One day, I really would like visit this place ... but too far from me :(
Don't worry, if this goes through, I will film it all and send footage to anyone who wants it.  :)
My life summarized.

Ertew

Please vote in poll in European meetup thread https://forum.learnnavi.org/europe/avatarmeet-europe-germany-2018/
I would like to know which continent are better for 2018 meetup.

BlueHusky2154

I like the idea of the getting in touch with nature. I would much rather go hiking in YNP with you guys than to sit in a crowded arena in the middle of a large city. Just my opinion.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on November 30, 2017, 05:02:38 PM
I like the idea of the getting in touch with nature. I would much rather go hiking in YNP with you guys than to sit in a crowded arena in the middle of a large city. Just my opinion.
Completelly understand :) If YNP would be reachable for me I would have hard decision-making between YNP and Toruk show...

BlueHusky2154

Is there a possibility that there will be two separate meetups at different times? That way, everyone will be happy.
My life summarized.

Ertew

TEAgaming2154, I fully agree with You. I prefer to stay outside and I love walking/hiking. But look at dates. End of October to begin of December. That period in Europe may give Us few days with nice sunny weather or awful rainy weather. No one can predict weather thus city center is better than camping in bad weather.

Now, look at European fans. Most of Us cannot travel to USA just because of flight costs. So We have 3 options:

• Collect friends in small groups and travel to nearest Toruk show.
  • Organize meetup for whole Europe.
  • Cancel plans for autumn 2018 and organize meetup in summer 2018 or 2019. That scenario may be possible if CdS Toruk team schedule more shows in Europe at summer.
As You can see there are virtually no chance to cancel that European meetup. Just chance to fail planning and organize few smaller metups in different cites. I fighting for AvatarMeet branding and help from them. Yes I fighting against You, but nothing personal  ;)

Back to topic: USA meetup.
Europe and USA are separate topics. IMHO we cannot organize both meetups at same time and link them via skype. After rejecting this idea we still have few options:

• AvatarMeet in USA and unrelated TorukMeet (temporary name) in Germany.
  • AvatarMeet both in USA (summer) and Europe (autumn).
I know that You fighting to keep AvatarMeet in USA but questions should be directed to AvatarMeet planning team. Only they can make decision and chose one or both options.

Vawmataw

I see no problem with AvatarMeet being an international event. One meeting in the US and another one in Europe. Maybe we'll eventually have meetings in other continents and countries. It's also not entitled to be a X-day worldwide festival or something.

BlueHusky2154

I agree, two meetups doesn't seem like a bad idea. A meet in YNP could be pulled off when he weather is its nicest, June-August, and Ertew, as you said, there could be a European meet October-December. With different dates, we can go to our closest meetups and some could even go to both if they want.
My life summarized.

Toliman

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on December 01, 2017, 01:59:53 PM
I agree, two meetups doesn't seem like a bad idea. A meet in YNP could be pulled off when he weather is its nicest, June-August, and Ertew, as you said, there could be a European meet October-December. With different dates, we can go to our closest meetups and some could even go to both if they want.
I agree too.
As I wrote few days ago in thread about Toruk show in Germany, this looks as the most realistic way.

BlueHusky2154

With this way of doing things, we can keep everyone happy and reduce the burden of overseas flights.
My life summarized.

Mako

Fwa Karyu Pawl kä fraAvatarmeetne txele a zene livawk ayoe lu...ke omum teyngta srake pol new kivä ne meAvatarmeet mì zìsìt a'aw.