AvatarMeet Europe - Germany 2018

Started by Ertew, November 27, 2017, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part 1: Which city is Your favorite location (closes to You)?

Cologne, Oct 25-28
10 (52.6%)
Hamburg, Oct 31 - Nov 4
1 (5.3%)
Berlin, Nov 7-11
8 (42.1%)
Frankfurt, Nov 28 - Dec 2
1 (5.3%)
Part 2: Which city is also within Your reach (second chioce)?
2 (10.5%)
Cologne, Oct 25-28
7 (36.8%)
Hamburg, Oct 31 - Nov 4
4 (21.1%)
Berlin, Nov 7-11
5 (26.3%)
Frankfurt, Nov 28 - Dec 2
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Wllìm

For me Cologne would be closest, but the other options in Germany would be fine with me as well. I mean, if I'm going to travel for a week or so, a few hours more or less in the train don't really matter anyway ;)

I suppose we'll have to settle on a date relatively soon, considering that the Toruk tickets seem to be selling quite quickly ...

Toliman

Quote from: Wllìm on November 29, 2017, 03:10:30 PM
I suppose we'll have to settle on a date relatively soon, considering that the Toruk tickets seem to be selling quite quickly ...
True! I am worried about it too.

Ertew

Planning team:
Somebody mentioned that I should be one of the planners. I can agree with that but I cannot be the leader.

• I don't have experience in scheduling meetup.
  • My english wasn't that good as some of Yours and I can understand only few basic words in German, that may not be enough for negotiations with hotels, etc.
  • I never visit Berlin before so I not have any knowledge about that city.

Available dates for Toruk at Berlin:

• Wednesday (7 November) at 20:00. That's first spectacle at Berlin. Expect to see Toruk and nothing more from CdS team. IMHO bad option.
  • Thursday (8 November) at 20:00.  That's second spectacle at Berlin. I expect that CdS team will found some time for Us before spectacle so We can meet with them too (see video from USA meetup). IMHO the best option for whole week meetup.
  • Friday at 20:00. 5E more expensive for nothing more. IMHO bad option.
  • Saturday at 16:00 or 20:00. IMHO the best option for peoples who cannot take free day from work.
  • Sunday (11 November) at 13:00 or 17:00. Worse for peoples who cannot take free day from work, nothing better for rest. IMHO bad option.
As You can see, We have only 2 days to chose. In that case I vote for Thursday (8 November). If anyone votes for Saturday because of work schedule, We can change that date. IIRC, the USA team make nice (but short) interview with Toruk team when they have 2 shows per day. Anything's possible.
Another places? Sorry, I cannot do that. Only Berlin have a good and cheap transport options to Poland  :(

- All above was My opinion. Waiting for Your opinions.
BTW, who from AvatarMeet 2016 contacts with CdS Toruk team? I would like to know Toruk opinion about Our meetup. Ie. special tour behind scene and maybe group discount.

Dates for meetup:
I prefer to set Toruk at second day of meetup. That will give Us more time to discuss about Toruk. Plus if We chose Thursday, we still have Saturday option to see Toruk again ;)
Next, meetup shouldn't ends at weekend. That's because of traffic, which are greater at weekends that on the rest of a week. Also (A) 11:11 is a national holiday in Poland (higher traffic near Poland-Germany border may occurs) and (B) most transportation companies like to set higher prices for weekend.
That's set meetup to be 6 days (5 nights). Start at 2018-11-07 and finish at 2018-11-12.

- But last paragraph are just my suggestion. Please use them as discussion starter, not as a final decision.

EDIT:
I opt for that yellow sector. Yellow is cost-effective and should give Us acceptable point of view (based on ARTE record).
Same region can be found on opposite side (top of picture). Wonder why whole sector are unavailable.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Toliman

Quote from: Ertew on November 29, 2017, 04:16:20 PM
Another places? Sorry, I cannot do that. Only Berlin have a good and cheap transport options to Poland  :(
Well, place - it should be definitely decided at first.

Planning team:
Somebody mentioned that I should be one of the planners. I can agree with that but I cannot be the leader.

• I don't have experience in scheduling meetup.
  • My english wasn't that good as some of Yours and I can understand only few basic words in German, that may not be enough for negotiations with hotels, etc.
  • I never visit Berlin before so I not have any knowledge about that city.
I think that I am not right person for it too but at least I can try help.
I think that there (in our planning team) would be at least one person from Germany who will have knowledge about place which will be selected for our AvatarMeet.

Available dates for Toruk at Berlin:

As You can see, We have only 2 days to chose. In that case I vote for Thursday (8 November). If anyone votes for Saturday because of work schedule, We can change that date. IIRC, the USA team make nice (but short) interview with Toruk team when they have 2 shows per day. Anything's possible.

- All above was My opinion. Waiting for Your opinions.
I can agree with both proposed days (If we will consider Berlin). There will be depend on work schedules of us.

Neytiri2000

I am for plan A.

Cologne is my first choice for a meeting. Because I can stay there with friends.  ;) :D

But there could be problems with my vacation. Is not out yet.   :-\

Therefore, Berlin is the second choice, for me.
Zitate:

Jake Sully: Ich möchte kein Mitleid, wenn du Fair behandelt werden willst, bist du auf dem Falschen Planeten.

Toruk Makto

By request from Sven, I have emailed Cirque to see what kind of goodies we may could get from them for next year.  I'll advise when I hear from them.  -M

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ertew

Quote from: Toruk Makto on November 30, 2017, 06:27:29 PM
By request from Sven, I have emailed Cirque to see what kind of goodies we may could get from them for next year.  I'll advise when I hear from them.  -M
Thanks. Waiting for news.

Blue Elf

Related to meetup date and Toruk performance:
for me, best dates would be 5.11.(Monday) - 9.11.(Friday). So on Sunday traveling to meetup, on Saturday back and you have another day for recovering (:)) I think similar timing was during EuroAvatar in Berlin 2013 (maybe I left one day before end, don't remember exactly). Such timing qualifies performance on November 8th as best for visit (really I can't see reason to pay more on Friday). Maybe first performance on November 7th could also work, but I expect madness at that time (:)), so better wait one day. Marked yellow sector looks good, it probably would be my selection too.

As for organization, IMHO team should/must contains several local people - because of knowledge of local conditions + local language knowledge, what eases communication with hotels and other organizations.
Not sure, how foreign people could be helpful - maybe is good idea to list all necessary tasks to do, and who has ability/resources/experience/whatever to process some of them, can promote himself to organization team member and perform that task in cooperation with others? I have no experience with organization of meetings, even international one, so someone experienced should help us, IMHO.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 01, 2017, 05:14:00 PM
Related to meetup date and Toruk performance:
for me, best dates would be 5.11.(Monday) - 9.11.(Friday). So on Sunday traveling to meetup, on Saturday back and you have another day for recovering (:)) I think similar timing was during EuroAvatar in Berlin 2013 (maybe I left one day before end, don't remember exactly). Such timing qualifies performance on November 8th as best for visit (really I can't see reason to pay more on Friday). Maybe first performance on November 7th could also work, but I expect madness at that time (:)), so better wait one day. Marked yellow sector looks good, it probably would be my selection too.

This would be the best dates for me too.
And yeah, I would prefer rather second performance too (I expect madness at time of first performance too)

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Plumps

For me it would be Berlin – the dates are perfect. :D

Ikxeru

Kaltxí ma frapo,

I am in contact with CdS via LA planning a German meetup for Toruk. Lightstorm adds magic to all the US meetups. We should open a thread for discussion as soon as possible. A huge number of people that have not posted here yet are voting for Cologne, because it is warmer in October as a huge group is planning to cosplay. Anyone who is interested in organising this should PM me, so we can plan further things. And we should come up with a planning committee.

And right:  DON'T BUY ANY TICKETS YET!!!
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

´eveng te atan

As I voted, I prefer Cologne for a meetup.
Most of the interested people I talked to are living next to Cologne.

Tìtstewan

I haven't voted yet. I'm fine with both Berlin and Cologne as meetup location, but Cologne would be actually closer to me. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Well, Berlin is still the best choice for me but Cologne would be possible for me too.
(however I still prefer rather Berlin)

Ikxeru

Another point to consider is: If we have a meetup in Cologne, everyone can still go and see the show again near home. Because I have learned from watching Toruk in Pittsburgh, it is very wise to see the show a couple of times, because there is so much going on on stage that it is really worth watching it several times.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Toliman

Quote from: Ikxeru on December 02, 2017, 04:37:04 PM
Because I have learned from watching Toruk in Pittsburgh, it is very wise to see the show a couple of times, because there is so much going on on stage that it is really worth watching it several times.
Yeah, I could not see Toruk show yet but I believe that it's completely true.

Ertew

:o   What?

I almost fall of the chair after read that. For Me Cologne is much further than Berlin.
Better ability to cosplay sounds nice, as well as help from Lightstorm. But I need to find cheap and easy way to travel there from Poland. Deutsche Bahn may cost much.

Should I reset poll and change fields to differ between Cologne, Berlin, etc?

BTW I created mirror thread on ToS forum: http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/7514-avatarmeet_europe_-_germany_2018_a.html
Please make sure to count their votes.

Toliman

Quote from: Ertew on December 02, 2017, 05:42:02 PM
Should I reset poll and change fields to differ between Cologne, Berlin, etc?
Looks that really big part of people is for Berlin or Cologne, I guess that we will choice between these two.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Ikxeru on December 02, 2017, 03:45:45 PM
And right:  DON'T BUY ANY TICKETS YET!!!
No worry - I don't think anyone do so until meetup is really confirmed and place of meeting announced.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)