Meetup location USA, Germany or both?

Started by Ertew, December 03, 2017, 10:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where AvatarMeet 2018 should be organized?

Organize meetup in Germany only
2 (15.4%)
Organize meetup both in Germany and USA
11 (84.6%)
Organize meetup in USA only (different name for Germany meetup)
0 (0%)
== separator line ==
0 (0%)
I will take part in Germany meetup only
6 (46.2%)
I will take part both in Germany and USA (if both organized)
0 (0%)
I will take part in only one AvatarMeet (hope only one will be organized)
3 (23.1%)
I will take part in USA meetup only
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

TrueLoveforNeytiri

Hmmmmm, now I'm having second thoughts about presenting my idea. hrh :-[ It seems like most people are onboard with a meet in Yellowstone or perhaps elsewhere. However, for the people who would likely attend the U.S. meet, would you be willing to hear about another possible meet location as well? I have an idea for a meet location, but maybe this year's not the year? What do you say? :)

Vawmataw

Quote from: TrueLoveforNeytiri on December 05, 2017, 07:17:59 PM
Hmmmmm, now I'm having second thoughts about presenting my idea. hrh :-[ It seems like most people are onboard with a meet in Yellowstone or perhaps elsewhere. However, for the people who would likely attend the U.S. meet, would you be willing to hear about another possible meet location as well? I have an idea for a meet location, but maybe this year's not the year? What do you say? :)
IMO you should give it a try so you can have the chances on your side.

I invite everyone to give their ideas on my thread in the meetups board.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

TrueLoveforNeytiri

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 05, 2017, 07:42:32 PM
IMO you should give it a try so you can have the chances on your side.

I invite everyone to give their ideas on my thread in the meetups board.

Tam. I may have to do that. Being that I don't know the site all that well, do you have a link to your thread? :)

How about everyone else? Are you open to the idea of another possible meet location?

Blue Elf

I think we are trying to solve bad question here. Question is not whether to organize one or two meetups, that's nothing what someone can decide. What is important is interest to attend/organize another meetup (and where). There is no good reason to not organize second meetup, if there people are interested. So there can be separate meeting in USA and Europe, preferably on different times, so those who are interested to attend both could be able to do so (although, as discussed, it is rare case).
Similarly bad question is about names - they can be any, just different and referring place of holding. Best IMHO seems American AvatarMeet and European AvatarMeet (or EuroAvatarMeet). For sure not AvatarMeet EU - not all european states are EU members and not AvatarMeet Germany - not only people from Germany will come.

Main question is, whether there are people willing and able to create planning team and organize the whole meetup, what is, you can guess, big amount of job. When team is established, meetup can come into reality.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 06, 2017, 05:41:42 AM
For sure not AvatarMeet EU - not all european states are EU members and not AvatarMeet Germany - not only people from Germany will come.
EU is not limited to the European Union even if it's the sigle. ;)
Anyway, that's not the question. And AvatarMeet Germany was a joke.

Main question is, whether there are people willing and able to create planning team and organize the whole meetup, what is, you can guess, big amount of job. When team is established, meetup can come into reality.
I suggest to contact all the AvatarMeet planning team members before things get started. We already have Ikxeru who is favourable to the idea.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 06, 2017, 05:41:42 AM
I think we are trying to solve bad question here. Question is not whether to organize one or two meetups, that's nothing what someone can decide. What is important is interest to attend/organize another meetup (and where). There is no good reason to not organize second meetup, if there people are interested. So there can be separate meeting in USA and Europe, preferably on different times, so those who are interested to attend both could be able to do so (although, as discussed, it is rare case).
True, completely. Both meets should be organized - and really in different times. I would be really glad if someone would be able attend both meets but I am affraid that it's not too probably.

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 06, 2017, 07:09:47 AM
I suggest to contact all the AvatarMeet planning team members before things get started. We already have Ikxeru who is favourable to the idea.
Yes, it's really good idea.