2019 US Meetup

Started by Toruk Makto, March 14, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Scorpion-

Count one fast-pass for me, please. Also, I can print as many full-color "Pandora Field Guide" pamphlets as needed - just let me know how many.
I will see everybody on Monday.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: -Scorpion- on November 08, 2019, 11:48:25 AM
Count one fast-pass for me, please. Also, I can print as many full-color "Pandora Field Guide" pamphlets as needed - just let me know how many.
I will see everybody on Monday.

Roger that!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toruk Makto

So far I have 8 people attending:

Myself plus one
Kyttin
Cyvaris plus one
Nawmtirea plus one
Scorpion

Who are we missing?

EDIT: This will determine the number of FastPasses we have for the group.

Kyttin13

Also, not counting Toruk and myself, I have 3 personalized id's available for whoever wants one (I need a photo, and the info you want on the pass; name, job title, specialty, date issue, etc.)  You can pm me your info if you want.
Attatched is a blank id template.

A total of 3 available.

Kyttin13

1)Sooo...what's current/final head count?
2)Anyone else want personalized id's? I have 3 available...

Kyttin13

Sooo...Fun question! Where's everyone rocketing in from?? I'm blessed to be a native here at Pandora. (Direhorse ride away anyway)
Shout Out! :P

Kyttin13

What side of the entrance are we meeting on? Rainforest Cafe side? Or the far side?

Nawmtirea

We had been wanting to attend the meetup for years, and we're so glad that we finally had the opportunity to attend. It was great to meet everyone, and what an amazing visit to Pandora! It was such a thrill to not only meet with 2 Disney Imagineers (and get a stack of impossible-to-get FastPasses for Flight of Passage), but to also meet the guy who teaches the Na'vi language to the Disney Cast members and meet someone whom we cannot confirm or deny had something to do with the construction of the Flight of Passage ride. ;)  And thanks to Railroad for pointing out a few hidden things in the Pandora park.

Irayo to Mark and Gina for organizing a great meetup! (And for the snacks, they came in handy on the flight home).  Hope to see you all again next year.  Once I have a chance to go through all of the photos I'll post a Dropbox link so everyone can download them.

Toruk Makto

It was a great pleasure meeting you both, as well as Kyttin13.  I had a ton of fun on this meetup, and I hope everyone else did, too!  - M.

Kyttin13

I had a great time too!!! As my family says, "All were had by a fun time!" It roughly means we played until we dropped!!! Lol!!!

Kyttin13

Ok, Guys! As soon as I get all the photos, this is a *Long. Term.* project (so no rush Bri!), I'm taking my time and being meticulous, I'm making a scrapbook of the trip...obviously I can't just pass it around to look at, so...does anyone have any interest in me taking pictures of the pages, and posting them here ...?

Toruk Makto

Wind12

Sounds like you guys had a blast :D the Flight of Passage is so freaking awesome. Looking forward to 2020... The first year of "The Decade of Na'vi!!!" Siva ko.

Kyttin13

"The Decade of Na'vi"?? ???

Wind12

Srane, the decade with all the Avatar sequels! It's going to be amazing!

Kyttin13

Ah...though, not to burst your balloon, but the first sequel/next Avatar movie is coming out in *2021*...(I think) :'(

Toliman

Quote from: Kyttin13 on November 26, 2019, 03:11:30 AM
Ah...though, not to burst your balloon, but the first sequel/next Avatar movie is coming out in *2021*...(I think) :'(
Yeah, December 2021. And I still hope that this is final date and no other delays... ;D

Crickett

So, as someone who went to the 2017 meetup but not this one, I have three questions for you guys:
1. For the people staying at the same hotel as last time, did you notice any problems  with the rooms?  When I went there, I woke up every morning feeling sick but it subsided as the day went on leading me to believe the problem was with the room.  Did anyone experience anything like this? 
2. Were there coins all over the place in flight of passage? 
3. Was the merchandise (specifically the shirts) any different than they were two years ago? 

Nawmtirea

Quote from: Crickett on November 28, 2019, 12:44:42 PM
So, as someone who went to the 2017 meetup but not this one, I have three questions for you guys:
1. For the people staying at the same hotel as last time, did you notice any problems  with the rooms?  When I went there, I woke up every morning feeling sick but it subsided as the day went on leading me to believe the problem was with the room.  Did anyone experience anything like this? 
2. Were there coins all over the place in flight of passage? 
3. Was the merchandise (specifically the shirts) any different than they were two years ago?

1. I didn't notice feeling sick when I woke up in the morning, although the room did smell a little musty. But I checked around for mold and didn't find anything. I did end up going home with a cold at the end of the week, but that could be due to going on rides all week that thousands of people were touching each day.
2. Yes, those skawng are still throwing coins in the water on Pandora. We also noticed that the colours of the plants aren't as vibrant as they were 18 months ago. Upon comparing photos that we took this month to ones we took 20 months ago, there is a huge difference. That Florida Pandoran sun is bleaching the colour out.
3. There were a few new shirt designs, plus the new Avatar 10th anniversary shirts will be available there soon.  Lots of new merchandise. New toys/figures. Several new Christmas ornaments.

To those that did attend this year - we still haven't had a chance to post everything to a dropbox yet. Not enough room in my free dropbox, so I have to clear some room.  We were asked last minute to do a display for a Horror convention this weekend so the last week has been crazy busy getting ready for that.

Kyttin13

To those that did attend this year - we still haven't had a chance to post everything to a dropbox yet. Not enough room in my free dropbox, so I have to clear some room.  We were asked last minute to do a display for a Horror convention this weekend so the last week has been crazy busy getting ready for that.
[/quote]

No rush! We all understand life happens!
"Life is what happenswhen you'rebusy making plans!"
(Congratulations on the gig!) :D