2019 US Meetup

Started by Toruk Makto, March 14, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyttin13

Wasn't questioning that, was uncertain about the spelling...my app won't let me see your name while I'm typing...it won't let me do special punctuation symbols either...

Eìrä

Quote from: Kyttin13 on June 27, 2019, 07:29:00 PM
Wasn't questioning that, was uncertain about the spelling...my app won't let me see your name while I'm typing...it won't let me do special punctuation symbols either...
That's strange!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Kyttin13

Kyttin13

Just checking in for news/updates! Any developments yet?

Toruk Makto

We've got some rooms contracted at the Comfort Inn Maingate (the same hotel where we stayed last time at Pandora)!

Follow this link for information and to reserve a room...

http://trk.choicehotels.com/t/gfH1AAdbSyNLR6QCQZyD4DzBNLIEZeaBNMeNOW1-7aaaaBNNpBOTWKSnaaBNLIEZeBNMe?q=C354706~amp;a=P7UH~257xSVULP7VQHOV.9RJ~amp;i=JDON~2513MbORJDPWBUP.FLP~amp;i=E0w~amp;u=~amp;u=~23

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Wind12

This is going to be the first US meet that I am going to miss since my first one in 2014. But I knew that I had the chance to support Toruk:The first Flight in the UK and see a few Avatar eylan there, and I just can't swing both, I hope you guys have a blast, and I hope to get back to Pandora again :) siva ko and irayo nìtxan to Toruk Makto for keeping the North American meet going.

Kyttin13

Anyone know if there's an official itinerary yet?? I can't do anything until we have one... :-\

Kyttin13

Does anyone know if Dr. Frommer is making it to the Meet???

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Kyttin13 on September 04, 2019, 01:09:37 PM
Does anyone know if Dr. Frommer is making it to the Meet???

That's a great question. Right now Paul's November schedule is still up in the air and he hasn't yet been able to commit to attending the meetup in Orlando. We'll know more a bit later.  - M.

Kyttin13

Toruk Makto

Update:  Paul is not going to be able to make this meetup due to conflicting commitments.  -M.

Kyttin13

:( that's too bad... irayo, though.

Kyttin13

Quote from: Toruk Makto on September 06, 2019, 02:35:49 PM
Update:  Paul is not going to be able to make this meetup due to conflicting commitments.  -M.

What else is happening @Pandora during AvatarMeet? Anything special???

archaic

I was wondering that, I secretly hope it it something Avatar sequel related.

It probably isn't.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on September 07, 2019, 04:33:32 PM
I was wondering that, I secretly hope it it something Avatar sequel related.
It would be good if it was this case.

Kyttin13

Obviously, the Meet is looming. In terms of collage language courses, it's time to Cram! That said, in order to be prepared for the Meet, what should I be focusing on in learning na'vi???

Nawmtirea

Ok, I hate to be pushy, but we really need some updated info on the AvatarMeet itinerary. This is our first time being able to attend a meetup, but it seems like the least organized of all of the yearly meets. There used to be signup and full itinerary details on the AvatarMeet site - this time nothing. The date is looming and there is no info at all about an itinerary. We're flying in from Canada, and the whole trip is going to cost us around $2000. We need to know details so we can book the hotel, flight, car rental, buy Disney tickets and book Disney Fast-Passes for Flight of Passage. Fast passes for FOP book up 60 days in advance, and if we are going to Pandora on Nov.12, then Fast Passes need to be booked tomorrow or the next day. The longer we wait to buy airline tickets, the more expensive they get. We're a little disappointed that now that we finally get to go to a meetup there is no awesome special perk like with past meets (Lightstorm, backstage Toruk, Disney Imagineers at Pandora, Paul Frommer, etc.) and we seem to be "flying blind". We need to know which days will be spent at Pandora and doing other meetup activities (Avatar screening, cosplay, etc) so that we can plan other excursions (such as Universal Studios) while we're in Orlando.

Kyttin13

I hate to say it, but I have to second their opinion. (Though I don't know where the "main site" that the itinerary would be is...lol!
Quote from: Nawmtirea on September 10, 2019, 02:24:18 PM
Ok, I hate to be pushy, but we really need some updated info on the AvatarMeet itinerary. This is our first time being able to attend a meetup, but it seems like the least organized of all of the yearly meets. There used to be signup and full itinerary details on the AvatarMeet site - this time nothing. The date is looming and there is no info at all about an itinerary. We're flying in from Canada, and the whole trip is going to cost us around $2000. We need to know details so we can book the hotel, flight, car rental, buy Disney tickets and book Disney Fast-Passes for Flight of Passage. Fast passes for FOP book up 60 days in advance, and if we are going to Pandora on Nov.12, then Fast Passes need to be booked tomorrow or the next day. The longer we wait to buy airline tickets, the more expensive they get. We're a little disappointed that now that we finally get to go to a meetup there is no awesome special perk like with past meets (Lightstorm, backstage Toruk, Disney Imagineers at Pandora, Paul Frommer, etc.) and we seem to be "flying blind". We need to know which days will be spent at Pandora and doing other meetup activities (Avatar screening, cosplay, etc) so that we can plan other excursions (such as Universal Studios) while we're in Orlando.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Nawmtirea on September 10, 2019, 02:24:18 PM

If you browse back through this topic, you will find the dates and hotel information.

Due to the European meetup earlier this year, the interest and attendance forcast for this US event is simply not high enough for some of the perks we have had before.  In times past, the AvatarMeet was organized and scheduled by a number of folks working on the community's behalf on their own time and uncompensated. That level of support has simply not been available this year for the US meetup and I have tried to run with the event as much as I can by myself.  I'm sorry if I have not risen to the level of your expectations.  Please note that I am still trying to add some extra activities as I have time to devote to the event. I will communicate anything I find.    -Mark

Toruk Makto

With the above said, we probably need to get a roll call of who is planning to travel to Pandora in November.  Please post a note below to let everyone know who all is coming.  -M.