2019 US Meetup

Started by Toruk Makto, March 14, 2019, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Kaltxì!

It has become clear that as great as it is to have our soaia meetups be international, we still need to keep a meetup somewhere in the US to accommodate those that can't, or do not wish to travel internationally. With the sequels starting in 2021, this is sort of a "quiet time" for a while, so we should probably plan modestly.

After pondering the submitted suggestions, but also recognizing the challenges in spinning up a brand new location, I would like to present the option of returning to one of our most popular venues, Disney's Pandora. The hotel worked out, Disney was exceedingly gracious and there was literally a ton of ancillary outings and activities to be had. Repeating this for 2019 would present much less of a burden on the organizers, and also given the lateness of the hour in which we begin, would be easier to plan as a late fall event.

So, what do you think? Please comment with your ideas!

-Mark

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Wind12

Pandora is such an awesome place :) I hope some of the US members get together and have a great time :) I would be going this year, but I have already committed myself to making it to England to see Toruk since there has been a trend of having mini meets and I have wanted to visit Alan in his homeland for a long time now, and Toruk is another awesome piece of Pandoran goodness these meets have been so fun and such a great thing to have had the chance to participate in.  Siva ko ma tsmuk. Next year is the big year!!! I hope my US tsmukan can come together and have one last meet before... the event we have been waiting for since the Earth cooled :D :D :D :D. ( well some times it feels that way ;P :P)

Eìrä

Tewti, i would love to go to Disney Pandora, i mean Avatar Park! :D
But sadlly i can't...go there, but i saw many many videos with Avatar Park, Rise To The Challenge and it's awesome!
Pandora is an amazing and beautiful place!
Siva ko! :D :D :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Seze

I'd be up for going back to Pandora again! I had to cut my time there short last time we were there, and would really love to go back there for another meetup.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Toruk Makto

The November time period worked last time. The weather cooperated and the park wasn't TOO busy (relatively speaking, if course).  So if we kept to that idea, would November 11-17 be reasonable? Good dates? Too many days, or just right?  It will likely be a mini-meet as such things have been happening the last year or so.  Not to make any promises, but I could look into getting some more perks from Disney again.  -Mark

Txawey

oeri, that's a good timeframe.  I don't know what my schedule will be like in November yet, but I'll do my best to make it to this year's meet!

Kyttin13

YES! YES!!! PLEASE! PLEASE!!! Mo'ara is virtually in my backyard!! I can't travel, so this might be the only one I can get to!!! :D

Kyttin13

Quote from: Toruk Makto on March 25, 2019, 04:20:26 PM
The November time period worked last time. The weather cooperated and the park wasn't TOO busy (relatively speaking, if course).  So if we kept to that idea, would November 11-17 be reasonable? Good dates? Too many days, or just right?  It will likely be a mini-meet as such things have been happening the last year or so.  Not to make any promises, but I could look into getting some more perks from Disney again.  -Mark

I don't know how these things work...so I'll need more info on the dates...
Only thing I have to compare it to are Comic-Cons, and such.

Eìrä

Quote from: Kyttin13 on April 12, 2019, 10:04:32 PM
YES! YES!!! PLEASE! PLEASE!!! Mo'ara is virtually in my backyard!! I can't travel, so this might be the only one I can get to!!! :D
Kaltxì ulte Zola'u nìprrte! (Hello and Welcome!)
Mo'ara, i saw that! I wish to go to Avatar Park too! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Kyttin13

:-\I'm wondering, I've never been to an AvatarMeet. Ever. What are they like?? Are they like Comic-Cons (minus merchandising) with panels and such??? I really have no clue... :-\

Rogue Aw

Ok, just to be clear, you guys are talking about the Pandora park in Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, right? If so, I'm in, as I live only 2 hrs away. I can go and see Star Wars Galaxy's Edge while I'm there too! Hopefully, the crowds won't be insane by November,  LOL!
Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi.
(Do or do not, there is no try).

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 18, 2019, 06:38:13 AM
Ok, just to be clear, you guys are talking about the Pandora park in Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, right? If so, I'm in, as I live only 2 hrs away. I can go and see Star Wars Galaxy's Edge while I'm there too! Hopefully, the crowds won't be insane by November,  LOL!
I think they are talking about an Avatar Meet in Munich, Germany!
But it would be so awesome and great to come to an Avatar Meet in Avatar Park! :D
I wish for a long time!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Rogue Aw

Thought this thread was for a US location, that was my first guess.

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 18, 2019, 08:23:01 AM
Thought this thread was for a US location, that was my first guess.
Ups...yes, US! I forgot of that! :-[

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Rogue Aw

LOL, it's all good, Eìrä. There's a lot of threads, can get confusing at times!

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 18, 2019, 12:09:27 PM
LOL, it's all good, Eìrä. There's a lot of threads, can get confusing at times!
Thanks a lot! :D
True!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Toruk Makto

Yes, this thread is about the USA meet, as the title says.  The planned venue is Pandora, the World of Avatar at the Walt Disney Animal Kingdom park in Orlando, Florida.   ;)

-M.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Kyttin13 on April 17, 2019, 06:42:51 PM
:-\I'm wondering, I've never been to an AvatarMeet. Ever. What are they like?? Are they like Comic-Cons (minus merchandising) with panels and such??? I really have no clue... :-\

Kyttin, AvatarMeet has been an annual event since 2011. The last few years have seen meets in Europe and the US.  I suggest a search on YouTube for videos of past meets to get a feel for how they work.  The US meet this year will be a return to Pandora, the World of Avata at the Disney Animal Kingdom park in Orlando, Florida.  This meet will probably involve a couple of days at the park as well as trips to other attractions in the central Florida area. Most destinations will require transportation of some kind.  You can check out the avatarmeet.com website and check the 2017 Avatarmeet information at http://www.avatarmeet.com/?m=8&p=&cs=GI&ms=2   -M.

Eìrä

Quote from: Toruk Makto on April 23, 2019, 03:15:57 PM
Yes, this thread is about the USA meet, as the title says.  The planned venue is Pandora, the World of Avatar at the Walt Disney Animal Kingdom park in Orlando, Florida.   ;)

-M.
I knew that this Meeting is in Florida, i even saw the Park on youtube! That place is full of harmony and happyness! :D

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

DrowElfMorwen

Srane! I want to return to Pandora!!

When is it planned for?