2019 US/NA Location Idea

Started by Txawey, December 08, 2018, 09:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txawey

I had one idea for an interesting place in the US to go to for this year's meet: 

In Ohio, there's the small area of Hocking Hills which has some of the best hiking in the country imo.  There is also a national forest, Wayne National Forest, very close by; the campus of Ohio University 20-30 minutes away; and the Wilds, the country's largest wildlife preserve, about 1.5 hours away.  Downside: it's not very close to many airports (about an hour from John Glenn International).  Upside: A bit lesser-known area of the US, so significantly cheaper than some of the more famous areas.  I also am an alumnus of Ohio U. so I may be able to talk to some people there about possible activities either nearby or that we could do with OU.

Thoughts?

Wind12

sounds like a neat area :), since I don't drive it might be harder for me personally, but it sounds like a decent area, for me it would depend on how close the hotel/staying arrangements are to the major airport and if there would be people using same airport( and arriving leaving same days as I that I could ride with to get to and from assuming there is no easy public transport from airport to hotel. Irayo for the idea though :).

Txawey

Now that you mention it, I do remember a bus service that goes from the airport to Ohio University's campus as well as a few of the towns nearby that costs around 10-15 bucks a trip I believe, so I'm sure there's a relatively easy way to get back and forth.  For lodging, there's the Hocking Hills State Park campground as well as plenty of lodging in Athens, so depending on whether we wanted to do cabins or just do individual lodging, we could figure something out.

Wind12

I def. wouldn't be against it, if some of us wanted to gather in this area it does sound fun. sadly I am not very good in terms of planning things, but if that bus service went from the airport to where we we "going to stay" that would def. help.  I don't know what time of the summer you might have been thinking, but I thought it would be cool to possibly do something during the 10th anniversary of "Avatar day" in August as a clan if that was a possibility.

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 26, 2018, 09:00:14 AM
Quote from: Txawey on December 22, 2018, 10:21:25 AM
plenty of lodging in Athens
Why no? :);D

But really, Greece is nice country, I would like visit it again...

Vawmataw

It's just a bit expensive for the smuk here
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Yeah, it's true completelly. But in any case, nice idea ;D