European AvatarMeet 2019 in Munich

Started by Ikxeru, February 01, 2019, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma frapo,  we are going to watch Toruk in Munich!!!
in summer there will be another major European AvatarMeet and we will have the opportunity to see the Toruk-Show by Cirque Du Soleil again.

Save the date:   Wednesday June 5th – Monday June 10th will be the "official" days of the meetup in Munich, Bavaria, Germany.

We have selected the "Motel One" in Garching, in the north of Munich for the meetup. Unfortunately there will be an industry fair going on during the meetup, which made it next to impossible to do a group booking for a reasonable price in a more fancy location.

But the Motel One has advantages: It is 20 minutes by car or 30 minutes by the subway from the Olympiahalle, which is venue where Toruk will be played. There are plenty of restaurants and shops around in Graching. So this was the clever alternative for sure. Plus: The subway goes directly to the city centre of Munich – so, if you'd like to explore the sights, it couldn't be easier.

Both, the hotel, and the Olympiahalle are just 100m/300ft from the next subway station.

Why not add some more days before or after the meetup to enjoy the beautiful city? You can!

For programming the meetup, we are planning with the following Avatar-Goodies:
-   Visit the Show
-   Meet'n'greet with the cast and crew of Toruk
-   Backstage-Tour: This time: ON STAGE
-   Na'vi lesson for the cast and crew of Toruk together with us
-   COSPLAY to the max. It will be summer and couldn't be better and 1,000 photo opportunities. This is going to be insane. :)

In a couple of days, we will setup the registration page.

The cost of the meetup will be similar to Cologne. We will have a convention fee of 50-70 Euros, covering all the expenses like entrance fees, convention spaces, etc.

Plus the hotel: We have made a group booking for standard double rooms for around 450 Euros per room. You always can upgrade for another 70 Euros to a "superior room", which is larger and has an additional sofabed. If you like to cuddle, you are allowed to share this room with 3 persons.

We urge you to SAVE THE DATE and register as soon as possible when the registration page is online.

Please, bookmark this thread or head over to the AvatarMeet group on Facebook for more news.

IRAYO!!!!

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Ikxeru

Information U P D A T E ...    As we are unable to update the AvatarMeet website for reasons...  we will post all this via the newsletter system too

Newsletter AvatarMeet Munich 2019

As announced earlier this year, there will be another AvatarMeet in Germany in 2019.
Unfortunately there was a delay and we are way behind giving you all the necessary information.
This changes right NOW. As we are unable to update the AvatarMeet website right now, we are sending this information via all other channels, including the Newsletter system.

Here are the informations about AvatarMeet 2019, June 5th till June 10th.

Programme:

We will catch the opportunity to visit TORUK-The First Flight by Cirque du Soleil again. Due to the unbelievable generosity of Lightstorm and Cirque Du Soleil we already have tickets for all attendees of the meetup for the show and for a backstage tour. And this time, we will be on stage and behind the scenes. Even better than in Cologne.

The show itself, as well as the backstage tour will be on Thursday.

Because of the hot German summers, we will have ideal conditions for cosplay. We will paint the city blue – and ourselves.

Already confirmed is a Na'vi-lesson on a beginner's level together with the cast and crew of Cirque Du Soleil and Karyu Pawl, aka Paul Frommer, who will be there "live via satellite"... or fibre network... or tele-tsaheylu.

Some things to do during the meetup:
-   We are going to visit the Munich botanical gardens with many picture opportunities for cosplayers and plant-lovers – or both,
-   If you are interested in technology, you may want to visit the Deutsches Museum, a world class technology museum,
-   Anyone interested in the movies may visit the Bavaria Film Studios, a place where they shot "The Neverending Story", "Das Boot" and many more major productions.

And: More secret Avatar goodies are on there way.

Cost of the meetup: There will be a con fee of 70 Euros per person. This will include all entrance fees and the con shirts. If we spend less, you will get a refund – but we thought it would be nice to have a flat rate for everything for convenience. This con fee has to be paid on the first day of the meetup in cash.

Accomodation: We have made reservations for 10 rooms so far. All are double rooms. The "official" meetup hotel is the Motel One München-Garching, Daimlerstraße 5a, 85748 Garching bei München. It has a direct access to the Munich subway system, 20 minutes from the city center, and 35 minutes to the Toruk venue.

We had to make a confirmed booking for all the rooms (a certain credit card melted away...)
Hence you are requested to send back the form below to transfer the reservation to you. And you are requested to PAY IN ADVANCE for your room via PayPal until MAY, 5th AT THE LATEST. Otherwise all UNPAID ROOMS WILL BE CANCELLED and you have to make a reservation on your own.

Seek a roommate and ONLY ONE of you has to send back the form.

See you soon in Munich!!!

------------- BOOKING FORM  ---  HOTEL   AVATARMEET MUNICH 2019   -----------
Please print, sign, scan and send back to:  [email protected]

HOTEL BOOKING: Motel One, Daimlerstr. 5A, 85748 Garching bei München

I book a room for AvatarMeet 2019:

NAME:      ____________________________________________________

ADDRESS:   ____________________________________________________
E-MAIL:      ____________________________________________________

REGISTERED USER ON AVATARMEET   :    __________________________

(   )  I will book this room for me and another person:   NAME of 2nd guest: ______________________
(   )  I will use the room only for myself

I need a room on:  (Tick days)
(    ) 05.06.  [Arrival] to 06.06.         110,50 € room rate
(    ) 06.06. to 07.06.            110,50 € room rate
(    ) 07.06. to 08.06.            70,50 € room rate
(    ) 08.06. to 09.06.            70,50 € room rate
(    ) 09.06. to 10.06. [departure day]      70,50 € room rate

For total cost of the room will be EURO 432,50. These are double rooms for a maximum occupancy of two persons. The room rate includes breakfast buffet.

I declare to pay for the room in advance in full, until May 5th 2019 at the latest via PayPal to [email protected]  (will be posted in the newsletter).  If I fail to pay for the room, the reservation will be cancelled.

Cancellation policy: You can cancel any reservation and get a full refund until 14 days before the meetup. Cancellations after that date will result in a 90% cancellation fee.

I have read these conditions and terms and hereby I book my room

Additional Information:    I need Convention T-Shirts (   ) YES
            QTY: ______     SIZE: _____________

You will get 2 shirts automatically, if you need more, please send an extra mail.

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...