Started by Toruk Makto, December 06, 2019, 05:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind12

Srane, my US passport is good for 10 years from 2018.
Sadly this year COVID lu vonvä' :/ maybe there is a small chance that a late fall meet could exist? But summer seems shot at this point, and there are still so many uncertainties with the virus, travel, and the US pooping the bed with this thing, it seems 2020 may be a write off. :( Maybe if a fall meet can't occur, maybe some sort of virtual meet could be done? I can't wait for the day we can hang out together again as Avatar smuk.

Toliman

Quote from: Wind12 on May 11, 2020, 12:11:09 AM
Sadly this year COVID lu vonvä' :/ maybe there is a small chance that a late fall meet could exist?
Yeah, I would be not too optimistcal...
In any case, there is still a little hope.

Toruk Makto

The COVID-19 pandemic has put almost everything in hold right now. Still too early to know the trajectory of the thing, so in the interest of the safety of our soaia, the 2020 AvatarMeet planning is on hold until we have a better idea of the timing.  - M.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Nawmtirea

Yes, this pandemic has messed things up for a lot longer than I think anyone expected. Disney is re-opening mid-July, at somewhere between 25-50% capacity, but all FastPass+ are cancelled as they need the space to rework ride quewes for social distancing. Tickets will be limited and probably hard to get, as they'll be dealing with a backlog of all of the guests whose plans had been postponed for the last few months. We'll have to see how things go, and maybe be prepared for a last-minute meetup if things do fall in to place? But that will also depend on whether a 2nd wave of the pandemic hits and sets everything back again. If 2020 ends up being a no-go, an online meetup and sync viewing of Avatar would be a great option, but we definitely need to pull out all of the stops for the 2021 meetup in celebration of Avatar 2!

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Nawmtirea on June 01, 2020, 10:33:10 AM
... . If 2020 ends up being a no-go, an online meetup and sync viewing of Avatar would be a great option, but we definitely need to pull out all of the stops for the 2021 meetup in celebration of Avatar 2!

On this, I quite agree!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Crickett

If we do a online meetup and sync viewing of Avatar, I would definitely like to participate in that. 

Wllìm

Mllte! This may be the first ever truly international meetup :D

Toliman

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on June 03, 2020, 09:26:46 AM

Quote from: Nawmtirea on June 01, 2020, 10:33:10 AM
... . If 2020 ends up being a no-go, an online meetup and sync viewing of Avatar would be a great option, but we definitely need to pull out all of the stops for the 2021 meetup in celebration of Avatar 2!

On this, I quite agree!

Quote from: Crickett on June 03, 2020, 07:11:38 PM
If we do a online meetup and sync viewing of Avatar, I would definitely like to participate in that. 

Quote from: Wllìm on June 04, 2020, 04:19:42 PM
Mllte! This may be the first ever truly international meetup :D

Quote from: Toliman on June 04, 2020, 04:47:01 PM
Ah, that is nice idea! :D

I'm in. What's the date/time? I'll put it on my calendar.

EDIT: oh, and where? :D (which platform?)

Wind12

Oe mllte hu Tirea Aean nìwotx. We need to send 2020 a message... ;) (although this year I half expect there will be a "Carrington solar flare event" the day before we meet, hrh.

Toliman

Quote from: Wind12 on June 07, 2020, 09:40:42 PM
(although this year I half expect there will be a "Carrington solar flare event" the day before we meet, hrh.
HRH
but well... all is possible xD

Nawmtirea

Back when Avatar was first released on DVD/Blu-ray, the Naviblue fan site did a group viewing. the only problem we ran into was that members who were viewing in PAL format ended up ahead of the people watching in NTSC. NTSC (North America) runs at 24 frames per second while PAL (Europe) runs at 25, so the movie plays back just a little bit faster, so the PAL viewers needed to pause periodically to let the NTSC viewers catch up. For a 3 hour movie, the PAL version would be around 7 min shorter because of the slightly faster playback speed.
A zoom chat (or other platform) so we could all see and chat with each other before/while watching Avatar would be a cool way of getting everyone together with basically no expense (or risk) to anyone. Save up what we would have spent this year to do it up really big next year!

Nawmtirea

Maybe we could even get someone like Jon Landau (or JC?!) to pop in via zoom to say hello?

Wind12

Also what ever date(s) that we pick for an online meet, if we could have a decent bit of notice would help as I may have to get a new piece of tech. as my tablet is really struggling and my phone also doesn't have much memory. :p

Ewa'tuì

I'm down for an online meetup! :D That sounds super fun.

Nawmtirea

Hmm, there doesnt seem to have been any progress in regards to an online AvatarMeet this year. I was busy Aug-Oct and havent checked in for a while and was afraid that I might have missed it. I guess it could be a zoom meeting? Ten years ago when NaviBlue did a sync viewing we all just hit play on our Blu-rays at the same time, but I suppose that's done through some kind of watch party setup now? I don't know how to go about that or I would help organise it.

Wind12

Srane, 2020 lu fe' nìwotx  :(.
But, there are now some vaccines that are getting ready to come online, maybe, just maybe if everything goes "well" we could start looking to the 2nd half of 2021? I think during the first physical meet after the plague has been defeated we could all recreate the scene where the Omatikaya are reaching to each other's shoulders with Jake at the center.  ;)

Ewa'tuì

Now that it's 2021 and more people are being vaccinated... Is it time to start thinking about a 2021 AvatarMeet?!  :o  ;D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ewa'tuì on July 17, 2021, 12:28:55 PM
Now that it's 2021 and more people are being vaccinated... Is it time to start thinking about a 2021 AvatarMeet?!  :o  ;D

2021 is a little more than halfway over already, so I wonder how many people would be able to go before year's end with this notice. I wanna say that in the past, we typically started the planning for an event upwards to a year in advance to make sure everyone has plenty of notice to plan and save up for travel and lodging stuff. That said, I'd totally be down to attend another AvatarMeet :D

Ewa'tuì

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 17, 2021, 04:52:19 PM

Quote from: Ewa'tuì on July 17, 2021, 12:28:55 PM

2021 is a little more than halfway over already, so I wonder how many people would be able to go before year's end with this notice. I wanna say that in the past, we typically started the planning for an event upwards to a year in advance to make sure everyone has plenty of notice to plan and save up for travel and lodging stuff. That said, I'd totally be down to attend another AvatarMeet :D

Absolutely! AvatarMeet 2022 should totally be a thing!