[For Beginners] FAQ (Please ask your questions here) - II

Started by Tìtstewan, August 20, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eìrä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 05, 2019, 09:44:44 AM

Quote from: Eìrä on February 05, 2019, 09:41:31 AM
Kaltxì ma frapo!!!
What means "teya ta" ???
Oeru syaw Matalìna...i changed my name in Eìrä!!!

Kaltxì :) I knew it was you ;D

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 11, 2015, 04:14:59 PM
taw a teya (lu) ta sanhì.

means "The sky is full of stars" / "The sky is filled with stars" or similar.
Tewtiiii!!! Irayo Nìtxan Ma Tirea Aean!!! How are you???
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Tirea Aean

Ngaytxoa, I made a small mistake in my last post.

taw a teya (lu) ta sanhì

is a phrase that means "The star-filled sky" or "Sky full of stars". It's not a complete sentence by itself.

Eìrä

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 05, 2019, 09:55:53 AM
Ngaytxoa, I made a small mistake in my last post.

taw a teya (lu) ta sanhì

is a phrase that means "The star-filled sky" or "Sky full of stars". It's not a complete sentence by itself.
Tsun tivam!!! :) Irayo!!!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

archaic

OK, so there has been a comment or two about a certain noticeable lack of fanfic from me in recent times.
There have also been comments about the relative lack of Avatar fanfic in general, overall.

So, I guess that makes up my mind for me about which 'fic I need to get on with, the working title for this is 'Pasha: An Avatar Story'.
If you've read my fanfics, then Pasha needs no introduction (well, if you read my Avatar 2 and/or 3 scripts, or 'Dragons of Pandora' and/or 'Machine', that is)
If not, Pasha is a female Na'vi who was abducted form her home world at the age of eight, the capture went wrong, and she lost a leg and more. The Na'vi attacked to try and rescue her, several died in the attempt including both Pasha's parents. In truth, Pasha is not Pasha's real name, PaSHA is an acronym standing for Pandoran Specimen Humanoid (notice the extra 'A'? Yeah, that's significant. Admittedly I haven't explored this in previous 'fics, I meant to, I just never fitted it in).
This is Pasha's origin story, and I should warn you, it's heart breaking.

I'm here, because there is quite a bit of Na'vi dialogue needed for this 'fic to work. Presently, I have three lines I would welcome help with .....

"Fiswirati, what are we going to do with it?"
"Exchange it for Ateo."
"Take him into forrest, not too far in case he tries to escape. Do not go alone."
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

archaic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: archaic on August 11, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
Anyone?

Sorry for late, I thought for sure that someone would have replied by now.

Quote from: archaic on August 11, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
"Fiswirati, what are we going to do with it?"
"Exchange it for Ateo."
"Take him into forrest, not too far in case he tries to escape. Do not go alone."

Fìswiräri, ayoeng kempe sayi? (I'm assuming "we" here means "me, you, and the entire multitude of other people present here")
Tìng tsat yoa Ateo.
Poti munge na'rìngnemfa. Furia ke lìm na'rìngmì po, zene 'ivefu nga am'ake nìwotx txokefyaw fmivi po hivifwo. Nì'awtu rä'ä kä.

There are many possible ways to interpret / translate these lines. This is what I've got for now.

archaic

That's great, Thank you for your reply.
And yes, that 'we' is definitely an 'ayoeng'.

Is it OK if I use those in the fanfic?

I will try and remember to give credit when I post.

Mech

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 12, 2019, 06:31:43 PM
Fìswiräri, ayoeng kempe sayi?
I remember the movie line "Fìswiräti, pelun molunge fìtsenge". Although it's correct (of course), when PF introduced the concept of topical in the language (which, AFAIK, is not attested at all in the movie, being a newer concept) it seemed to me that topical, as Tirea uses it here, would be more appropriate in tht sentence.

Does that mean that the line was retroactivelly corrected (retconned) with the topical as Fìswiräri ?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Mech on August 13, 2019, 02:47:15 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 12, 2019, 06:31:43 PM
Fìswiräri, ayoeng kempe sayi?
I remember the movie line "Fìswiräti, pelun molunge fìtsenge". Although it's correct (of course), when PF introduced the concept of topical in the language (which, AFAIK, is not attested at all in the movie, being a newer concept) it seemed to me that topical, as Tirea uses it here, would be more appropriate in tht sentence.

Does that mean that the line was retroactivelly corrected (retconned) with the topical as Fìswiräri ?

I remember that line too – an Eytukan classic :D

I do not believe that this line was retconned to fìswiräri, because you can flat out do it as it were. It turns out that it is not really weird at all to put interrogatives in the middle of a sentence. Also, here, the fìswirä serves much more obviously as the direct object of munge than it would as general background information or context in a topic-comment structure. TBH (IMHO), "Fìswiräri, ngal pelun molunge [tsat] fìtseng?" would seem redundant and "Fìswiräti ngal pelun molunge fìtseng" seems much more direct and optimized.

Quote from: archaic on August 13, 2019, 12:10:14 PM
That's great, Thank you for your reply.

Is it OK if I use those in the fanfic?

I will try and remember to give credit when I post.

nìprrte'! Feel free to use that of course :)

archaic

Irayo ma Tirea!

:D  :D

Rather than make another post, I modded this one.
OK, so here's a line I tried, but I'd like to know what I should have written .....

"Hungry? I will bring you some food."
..... which I translated as .....
"Lu ohakx? Oel ngati syìyuve wutso."

Really, really not sure about the infix there.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: archaic on August 17, 2019, 02:51:46 PM
"Hungry? I will bring you some food."
..... which I translated as .....
"Lu ohakx? Oel ngati syìyuve wutso."

Really, really not sure about the infix there.

"'efu ohakx srak? Oel ngaru syuveti zamìsyunge."

yeah, the ìy verb infix doesn't work in syuve (n. food)

archaic

archaic

Sorry for the double post.

I have some more .....
(the context here, is that one of the Na'vi is offering food and drink to a human - I'm also open to suggestions about what food might be available)

"Teylu, kxener rumut, rina' seze, 'ana, yomioang sì, tsyosyu, mauti eanean. Naer." (I tried, but it doesn't look right)
"Teylu, very good this evening. Kxener rumut, ìì, could be nicer."
"See, I told you he wouldn't be able to eat our food. Which means they have nothing that Ateyo can eat. You should take that to their camp and exchanging it for something this one can eat."
"We need to discuss that with Olo'eyktan."

Kyttin13

How do you say?
" 'X'has returned."
(The pretty water (sevin pay) has returned.)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kyttin13 on September 06, 2019, 01:53:28 PM
How do you say?
" 'X'has returned."
(The pretty water (sevin pay) has returned.)

X has returned: X tolätxaw
Sevin is a word for people (usually female)
We have lor (beautiful) as a a more generally applicable term. Beautiful to whatever sense applies in context not even necessarily just vision.

Lora pay tolätxaw (the beautiful water has returned)

Kyttin13

Tun Syulang

(I don't even know if this is how I'm supposed to ask questions here) I am super new here and seeing all these complicated words and phrases and terms i dont even understand inn English is very daunting, and i have no idea how to go about learning, even after reading through a lot of the stuff here. I just don't know what to do, help??

Tirea Aean

Hi Tun Syulang!

Welcome to the Learn Na'vi forums!

Check out this doc called Na'vi Sentence-building Adventures by tsyili:)
It aims to help beginners make sentences from the simplest and easiest and building onto that steps at a time, all with no need for any of those complicated terms :)

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1znOwkyzsC-JoWSx8VQG_4TOOjrXYFyuMA25zOOkF12o/mobilebasic

If you have any particular questions about anything you come across, as always feel free to ask here :D

NaviSwampwarrior

Can someone help me create a Navi name...Please??

Toliman

Kaltxì :) Welcome here!

Which name you would like? Do you want translate something to Na'vi and use it as your name?