[For Beginners] FAQ (Please ask your questions here) - II

Started by Tìtstewan, August 20, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Unil

Tam, irayo ma mesmukan oeyä :) I used "*pepìm",  although I know it's wrong, but yeah...
Assuming the proposed *län would be accepted and approved, it'd maybe become *lämpxìm, so *pelämpxìm, kefyak? ... I'd like that ^^
But would *lämpxìm make even sense? What would it mean? Amount of times?

Our should I just go with Alori / Krrìri pìmtxan/hìmtxanpe? Doesn't feel right...

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on April 12, 2015, 01:59:08 AM
Quote from: Blue Elf on April 11, 2015, 04:10:02 PM
Pum is repeater of previously mentioned word, to avoid repeating.
Nope. I mentioned that pum refers to a same "type" but not the same thing (case for tsa- or fì'u), or as Kemaweyan wrote: another instance of a thing.
The old mistake that pum = possessive is the misintrepration of mine in the sentence, where pum appeared the first time, mine is a contraction of my+one.

But yeah, repetition is the mother of learning. ;)
Note that I wrote previously mentioned word, not instance - what is not the same :) But yeah, your explanation is of course correct and better, so applause for you :)

QuoteBut would *lämpxìm make even sense? What would it mean? Amount of times?
If we compare it with other similar words:
- sloa/snep (wide/narrow) -> slosnep - width
- tsawl/hì'i (big/small) ->tsawlhì' - size
- flì/nutx (thick/thin) -> flìnutx - thickness
then:
län/pxìm (seldom/often) -> lämpxìm - frequency of occurence, frequency

any better idea?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

Fyape fko pivlltxe nìNa'vi san I don't know how to draw that thing sìk nìmun? Tswolänga' oe...  ??? San ke omum oel futa fyape wiveyn tsa'ut sìk, srak?

Wllìm

Hmm, good question... To me the construction omum futa fyape sounds strange. I'd leave the indirect question out and say ke omum oel fya'ot a weyn tsa'ut (I don't know the way to draw that thing).

Eana Unil

Vawmataw

Quote from: Wllìm on May 01, 2015, 12:01:49 PM
Hmm, good question... To me the construction omum futa fyape sounds strange. I'd leave the indirect question out and say ke omum oel fya'ot a weyn tsa'ut (I don't know the way to draw that thing).
I approve. This or pefya fkol weyn tsat.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Blue Elf

Quote from: Wllìm on May 01, 2015, 12:01:49 PM
I would go with Oel ke omum teyngta pefya fkol weyn tsat (Oel ke omum tì'eyngit a pefya fkol weyn tsat).
Red part is mandatory, omitting it is mistake (missing object in main clause). Version with ...fya'ot a pefya.... is probably possible too, but two fya'o based words looks not well.

Tìtstewan

Tse, I have added a few new links to the OP like the audio chat thread or a link to the LN wiki.
I'll add more useful stuff when I find some. But now, I want to fix a little bug in the OP... Fixed.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Eana Unil

Ììììì.... txoa, I don't know wherelse to post this and I don't wanna open a new topic just for this... ^^

Before finishing the newest page, I'm stuck on 2 little phrases. Wondering whether they are correct or not...

Yeah, Spoiler-Alert hrhrh ;D

Any help is much appreciated!!

Plumps

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 22, 2015, 10:56:47 AM

The first one is fine.

For the second, I'd say, furia (ngal) vewng XYZ-it kllframo'/kllfrolo' nga. I'd drop the first nga since it's in a subordinate clause and the subject doesn't change.

Eana Unil

Ngat tsun mivong fkol frakrr, ma Plumpsì ;D Irayo!!!

The only problem is... the second sentence is way too long. 1 - 3 words maximum... :/ Ha...

"Kllframo' nga!" ? "(pol) mamong ngat!" ?

Plumps

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 22, 2015, 11:18:17 AM
Ngat tsun mivong fkol frakrr, ma Plumpsì ;D Irayo!!!

Oel fìtsengit tok nì'aw fte kìte'e sivi ;)

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 22, 2015, 11:18:17 AM
The only problem is... the second sentence is way too long. 1 - 3 words maximum... :/ Ha...

"Kllframo' nga!" ? "(pol) mamong ngat!" ?

Tsari kllframo' nga! :-\
I still think that it's somehow necessary to say that you were responsible 'for s.t.'  :-\ But I may be wrong.

(pol) mamong ngat! - "He/She relied on you!"

Yeah that would do.

Eana Unil

Blue Elf

Quote from: Plumps on December 22, 2015, 11:13:33 AM
Quote from: Eana Unil on December 22, 2015, 10:56:47 AM

The first one is fine.
Small nitpicking on first sentence:
Nga lu tsmuke akoak nì'ul! (no space in a koak) -> YOU are older sister!
If space is preferred: Nga lu tsmuke a koak lu nì'ul! -> YOU are sister who is older!

For second, I'd propose also: Lolu tson ngeyä! -> it was YOUR duty!
Choose what you like :)

Eana Unil

Irayo nìtxan for your feedback, ma BlueElf!!

Lolu tson ngeyä is also a really good way to express this. Maybe I'll change it :D

About your other feedback, I'm a bit uncertain, though. I had to think about Vawmataw's old nick name, ... a Kepekmì. a lu Kepekmì seems more correct, but the short version without lu is correct, too, no? I just skipped on that lu here, too. Was that wrong?  ???

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 24, 2015, 08:28:50 AM
Irayo nìtxan for your feedback, ma BlueElf!!

Lolu tson ngeyä is also a really good way to express this. Maybe I'll change it :D

About your other feedback, I'm a bit uncertain, though. I had to think about Vawmataw's old nick name, ... a Kepekmì. a lu Kepekmì seems more correct, but the short version without lu is correct, too, no? I just skipped on that lu here, too. Was that wrong?  ???
I'll try to explain: difference is in adposition.
Na'vi a Kepekmì is of course fully correct - Kepek is noun connected to another noun (Na'vi) using adposition (mì). Such connection requires usage of attributive particle a.
But your sentence doesn't connect nouns using adposition - tsmuke is noun, koak is adjective - so a is attached directly to adjective, pointing to noun where it connects - or you should add lu to form attributive subordinate sentence connected to noun.
Maybe your original version is not so bad, but for me looks a little strange. I'd like to know what Plumps think about it - I believe he answers here.

Eana Unil

He has answered here already, yes, that's why I'm so confused now  :-\
But your feedback/explanation makes perfect sense, so I'm confused even more, lol. ;D

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 24, 2015, 09:05:45 AM
He has answered here already, yes, that's why I'm so confused now  :-\
But your feedback/explanation makes perfect sense, so I'm confused even more, lol. ;D
I thought more about this, and IMO there's no space for confusion :)
Plumps probably expects unspoken lu in that sentence (Nga lu tsmuke a koak (lu) nì'ul), as it could be assumed there from context. But I think it is not good example for omitting it. I believe in speech 100% of people will assume meaning as Nga lu tsmuke akoak nì'ul - as it is hard to speak/hear that space between a and koak and because tsmuke akoak is correct usage of adjective connected to noun. So in speech it doesn't matter, problem can appear only in written form.

Plumps

Ngaytxoa... Ke tsolerängi tsat oel  :-X
Tsmukanur alu Blue Elf tìyawr ... ftxey tsmuke akoak nì'ul, ftxey tsmuke a lu koak nì'ul.

Ninja'd by B.E.  ;D

Blue Elf

Quote from: Plumps on December 24, 2015, 04:29:38 PM
Ngaytxoa... Ke tsolerängi tsat oel  :-X
Tsmukanur alu Blue Elf tìyawr ... ftxey tsmuke akoak nì'ul, ftxey tsmuke a lu koak nì'ul.

Ninja'd by B.E.  ;D
Mawey, ma tsmukan - these small single letter/space "problems" are easy to overlook. It happens always and to everyone. Neither I am exception ;D