[For Beginners] FAQ (Please ask your questions here) - II

Started by Tìtstewan, August 20, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srungsiyu Ayeylanä

I want to get started learning Na'vi, but I don't know where to start. I know about all the resources available to help me learn, but where should I begin? Is there a good place for a beginner to start learning or can I just start with anything? Do I focus on common vocabulary? Grammar? Phrases?  ??? :-\
"Fraunil awngeyä tsun slivu ngay txo nìyey awngaru livu tìtstew fte nivongspe' sat." - ta Walt Disney

Tìtstewan

A good suggestion would be checking the 500 most used Na'vi word vocab at memrise. Then, one could play with the grammar stuff and start to build some sentence. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Torr te Moa Ekxtuaitan

Okay I MUST figure this out bc it's driving me INSANE. How in na'vi do u day u "was" or "were" going to do something?  :'(

Toliman

Tìtstewan

Na'vi handles time stuff differently than we do in English. While in English (and some other languages) use verbs in the tense one want to say plus various auxiliary verbs like following example:

I was eating.

Na'vi doesn't have auxiliary verbs. I Na'vi that sentence is:

Oe yarmom

Here, the infix <arm> carry the information of "was" or "were" and past tense. (more precisely, past and imperfective aspect)

What sentence do you want to be translated? :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-