Beginners Feel

Started by Makto ko!, March 30, 2010, 11:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makto ko!

Welcome Na'vi community.
I have been away for a long time, and most of my gathered knowledge has rubbed off, such as prefixes, suffixes and general infixes.  ???
I do remember, however, common phrases, such as:
May Eywa be with you my brothers

These have been successfully memorised, however I have made this thread for a discussion on your favourite or most useful/easy methods of revising Na'vi, remembering Na'vi and teaching new vocab and syntax according to it, for example:
Hunter

(Another handy phrase, I have picked up most of the inflictions based around Taron, on the other hand.)

Eywa ngahu, ma smuktu  :)
old gallery link?id=470[/img]
~~

Project Neytiri: Join the movement here!
Are you a beginner? Then this document might help you to understand! (document by MIPP)

Will Txankamuse

Hello ma Makto ko!

the 'ma' vocative doesn't actually mean 'my' so ma smuktu is really just 'brothers'.  Also since brothers is plural you might want to use ayngahu which is you (pl).

Eywa ayngahu ma oeyä smuktu

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on April 01, 2010, 03:24:57 PM
Hello ma Makto ko!

the 'ma' vocative doesn't actually mean 'my' so ma smuktu is really just 'brothers'.  Also since brothers is plural you might want to use ayngahu which is you (pl).

Eywa ayngahu ma oeyä smuktu

Will

Ma = 'O' in the archaic equivalent of English.

O Brother...

O interjection, noun, plural O's.  (used before a name in direct address, esp. in solemn or poetic language, to lend earnestness to an appeal): Hear, O Israel!  O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo.
私は太った男だ。

Makto ko!

Irayo, ma Will.
Your tips have really helped me with the language, I can now freely espress several quotes and phrases that I have devised, such as 'eywa ayngahu, ma smuktu' and others.
Again, irayo.
old gallery link?id=470[/img]
~~

Project Neytiri: Join the movement here!
Are you a beginner? Then this document might help you to understand! (document by MIPP)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I don't know how long you have been offline, but it might do good to thoroughly review the most recent 'Na`vi in a Nutshell' guide, and if it useful to you, William Annis's Reference Grammar. That can be found in the Intermediate section. An amazing amount of stuff has changed here, even in the last month.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

TxepTaronyu

Wouldn't "smuktu" refer to both male and female siblings, while "smukan" just brothers? Perhaps I'm mistaken, which wouldn't surprise me given my lacking knowledge of Na'vi, but The Na'vi Dictionary lists "tsmuktu" as "sibling", with no regard to gender.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: TxepTxe'lan on November 01, 2010, 11:15:23 PM
Wouldn't "smuktu" refer to both male and female siblings, while "smukan" just brothers? Perhaps I'm mistaken, which wouldn't surprise me given my lacking knowledge of Na'vi, but The Na'vi Dictionary lists "tsmuktu" as "sibling", with no regard to gender.
Ngaru tìyawr, and "smuké" is sisters.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!