Corrections for phrases, plz

Started by MaTe, February 01, 2010, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTe

oe-l sì tute-l 'awsiteng   ts-alm-e'a  "Uniltìrantokx"-ti.   
Me and a guy saw Avatar together.

Po z-ìlm-a'u   'awve.
He came before me(first).

Po-l    p-ìlm-eng     tute-ti     Fyape fko syaw oe-ru
He told a guy(who was checking tickets - ommited) how one calls me
ulte   'ätx-ìlm-äle   tsni tute-l p-iy-eng kaltxi-ti    (oe-ru?).
and asked that guy says "hi" (to me).
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Seze Tsawke

Quote from: MaTe on February 01, 2010, 11:01:03 PM
oe-l sì tute-l 'awsiteng   ts-alm-e'a  "Uniltìrantokx"-ti.   
Me and a guy saw Avatar together.

this one looks good, not sure about "'awsiteng" here. for the verb marker it's actually <am> not <alm> but I'm sure that's what you meant.

Po z-ìlm-a'u   'awve.
He came before me(first).

I think it's good, although you may need an attributive marker on "'awve" again it's <ím> not <ílm>

Po-l    p-ìlm-eng     tute-ti     Fyape fko syaw oe-ru
He told a guy(who was checking tickets - ommited) how one calls me
ulte   'ätx-ìlm-äle   tsni tute-l p-iy-eng kaltxi-ti    (oe-ru?).
and asked that guy says "hi" (to me).

wow, this one...... is tangled. the first part is good, but the second.... not sure what you're trying to say here....
Seze Tsawke ~ Blue flower sun
my favourite letter is the squiggly. ~
"Oel nagti kameie, ma Tsmukan, ulte ngaru sayi irayo. Ngari hu Eywa saleu tirea, tokx 'í'awn slu Na'Viyä hapxí." - I see you, Brother, and thank you. Your spirit goes with Eywa, your body stays and becomes part of the People.

Hawnuyu atxen

The second has a mistake (i know it, because i made it too :D):
"ätxäle" is not a verb, but a noun, so you need "si" after it to make it a verb (and asked that guy to say hello, so it needs the subjunctive):
Ulte ätxäle sìmi tsnì tutel pìyeveng kaltxìti oeru.

But i'm not sure if the "tsnì" here is for "that guy", or "that the guy do something".
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

MaTe

Quote from: Seze Tsawke on February 02, 2010, 09:30:35 AM
this one looks good, not sure about "'awsiteng" here. for the verb marker it's actually <am> not <alm> but I'm sure that's what you meant.

I was combining tense infix with imperfective perfective mood. Is mood appropriate for that verb? Same for the other case.

In the tangled phrase I tried to find a good way to combine 2 sentences... what is the usual way to do it if both sentences share topic, object, subject?
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Hawnuyu atxen

It's good than, just one thing:
imperfective is <er>, so past tense imperfevtive is <arm>, or <ìrm>(recent past),

You wrote <ol>, which is the perfective :D

As i know you can use "ulte" to connect two sentence.
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Seze Tsawke

Quote from: MaTe on February 02, 2010, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: Seze Tsawke on February 02, 2010, 09:30:35 AM

I was combining tense infix with imperfective perfective mood. Is mood appropriate for that verb? Same for the other case.

In the tangled phrase I tried to find a good way to combine 2 sentences... what is the usual way to do it if both sentences share topic, object, subject?
my bad, I didn't know you could do that!  ;D
Seze Tsawke ~ Blue flower sun
my favourite letter is the squiggly. ~
"Oel nagti kameie, ma Tsmukan, ulte ngaru sayi irayo. Ngari hu Eywa saleu tirea, tokx 'í'awn slu Na'Viyä hapxí." - I see you, Brother, and thank you. Your spirit goes with Eywa, your body stays and becomes part of the People.