Getting back in the saddle

Started by Sìkat, October 27, 2013, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sìkat

Not long after AvatarMeet 2013 concluded, I became snowed under with work & personal stuff that I'm only now beginning to emerge from.  As a result, I've gotten a little rusty in the Na'vi department.  So, I have a question for those of you who might have been in a similar situation in the past: what's the best way to pick it back up?

Irayo!

archaic

Jump back in with both feet! Give it as much of your time and energy as you feel you realistically can.
Just don't over do it, avoid burnout.

Well, that's what I've done, admittedly I still suck at the language.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Plumps

Kawtul ke wätx lì'fyat leNa'vi txo fmi ;)
Nobody sucks at a language if he tries ;)

Yes, I have to agree with archaic here. Try to immerse yourself in the language. Try to remember as many words as you can, look up those you don't remember, try to explore the dictionary a bit more (sometimes one entry lets you get curious about something else) just for fun—not necessarily to learn but just to get a feel of word shapes, sounds, and the expanse and range of the language right now.
Try asking questions if something isn't clear.

Also, I know you've been hanging out on IRC, I've seen you a few times via TS. Take the chance ;) To bring the TS back to life just write and start asking questions :D We're all here (and there) to help ;)