Main Menu

Help

Started by Kerusey vrrtep, April 07, 2010, 11:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerusey vrrtep

Hey, ive think that what is "do you still learn na'vi?" but i cant make it sense.. Please help me..

Ftiafpi

Here's how I would say it:

Nga-l mi n<er>ume futa plltxe nì-Na'vi srak?
You-ERG still learn-IMP this-thing-which to speak Na'vi-ADV yes?
You are still learning to speak Na'vi?

Hawnuyu atxen

Is the "futa" necessary here? I mean, doesn't the sentence make sense without it?
Like this:

Nga mi n<er>ume plltxe nì-Na'vi srak?
You still learn-IMP to speak Na'vi-ADV yes?
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

NeotrekkerZ

Both ways work.  What ftiafpi is doing is creating a second clause with a deleted subject, which is perfectly valid.

If you want to get rid of the futa, though, put the subjunctive with plltxe and drop the ergative:  Nga mi n<er>ume p<iv>lltxe nìNa'vi srak?
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Hawnuyu atxen

Ah, yeah, i didn't really paid attention, just wanted to know about the futa thing...
Irayo for the answer!
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: NeotrekkerZ on April 07, 2010, 02:54:50 PM
Both ways work.  What ftiafpi is doing is creating a second clause with a deleted subject, which is perfectly valid.

If you want to get rid of the futa, though, put the subjunctive with plltxe and drop the ergative:  Nga mi n<er>ume p<iv>lltxe nìNa'vi srak?

Yeah, that's probably a better way, less wordy so it matches the original English sentence better.