How advanced in Na'vi do I have to be to consider myself "Intermediate"?

Started by Unilsrewtu, June 02, 2010, 06:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unilsrewtu

I'm probably not good enough yet, though. But, still, I'm just wondering. Irayo!!
Ngal nume ralit Na'viyä, nga tìran Eywahu.

Kì'eyawn

Kaltxì, ma Tawsreuyu.  There's not really a set answer for that—there's no test or anything ;)  My advice would be to hang out in the Intermediate threads and see if you feel comfortable with the level of discussion that's going on in there.  Oe sìlpey tsnì fìtì'eyng ngaru srung sivi, ma tsmuk.  Eywa ngahu.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Tsamsiyu92

Visit the forum and see for yourself, if you understand the questions and answers tere, then you're ready.

Unilsrewtu

Well, surprisingly, I understand the majority of the Intermediate forum fairly well. Irayo ma smuk.

Tsamsiyu92

:o You understand the Indermediate forum after two weeks?! Damn, you learn fast...

omängum fra'uti

It's really a matter of how comfortable you feel, rather than any specific skill requirement.  If you feel confident in your skill, and think you belong there, then go there.  If you don't think you belong there, still feel free to try it out and see if it fits.

If it comes down to it and a thread is on a topic that is a bit basic for the intermediate forum, I'll move it to the appropriate place.  Again it's not really a solid test, but just what seems a bit basic to me.  So far I've only had to do that a few times, and every time I can think of, it was someone with a single digit post count who didn't spend the time to get to know what beginner and intermediate forums are about, or didn't care and just wanted to be told how to say something.  So overall, people seem to be a decent judge of their own skill.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ateyo te Kellett

"when you are ready" (Neytiri:p)

I went on to the intermediate section when i could most basic words, like pronouns, some verbs, some Logical conjunctions and all the verb infixes.

Unilsrewtu

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 04, 2010, 12:33:51 AM
:o You understand the Indermediate forum after two weeks?! Damn, you learn fast...

Yeah I know that why I said I was surprised :) It's probably also because I study Na'vi for AT LEAST an hour or so everyday, and my sister and some of her friends are learning it with me.

Pxia Säsngap

I've started learning on 11th of May and understood most topics in the intermediate forum a week later. But still I don't think I belong there because I can understand everything but could never give these answers. I have learnt 8 of 10 chapters in the Na'vi in a Nutshell guide now and could probably give answers that are about grammar, because I've learnt about most grammar things now, but I don't have any feeling for this language until now.
So, it might be a good "test" to be honest to yourself and ask yourself if you could have answered what the others in the intermediate forum answered. (not (of all people) the ones that are obviously pros.  ;) )
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D