Learn Na'vi > Beginners

Journals

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tengfya swizaw:
Yeah, I think we're all too aware of how limiting the vocabulary is. And as of now, there's little doubt that I'll be consistent (seeing as I'm still on that "Must learn Na'vi!" mindset) but in a week or two, who knows.

Motxokxen:
=) yeah i know that mindset, but i got over that, now i'm a be cautious because i know many aspects of sentence forming/grammar are unknown to us,  so now i'm just trying know all the words we have/master the rules we do know.

once we do have a more complete and official understanding we should all let rip on the sentence forming.

Nume fpi sänume:
Yes, ive been typing thins into a word document as i learn them, and just reading over it every so often. I think i'll being using Na'vi-ish when writing or speaking about things that dont matter, kinda like Spanglish that i hear all the time here in So. Cali.....

Tìngay:

--- Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on December 28, 2009, 02:07:22 am ---Yes, ive been typing thins into a word document as i learn them, and just reading over it every so often. I think i'll being using Na'vi-ish when writing or speaking about things that dont matter, kinda like Spanglish that i hear all the time here in So. Cali.....

--- End quote ---

thats what ive started doing, just writing a few things down every day. But the journal sounds like a brilliant idea, so i may start doing a combination of both :D

Tengfya swizaw:
Here's the journal entries I made during the last two days. I'm not 100% sure that they're entirely correct grammar-wise. Any questions I have about words will be marked with asterisks.

December 29th, 2009:
Fipo trr Oe-yä sngä'ikrr trr. Oe terseie'a* "Avatar".
Oe si 'ok nìNa'vi fte oe nume plltxe nìNa'vi.
Oe nume plltxe nìNa'vi fte oe kehe skxawng.
Oe rä'ä omum txo oe ngolop** fi'u nìltsan.

*see, past laudative. Can you add infixes to infixes? tse'a is sort of tricky to add multiple infixes to.
** Can't remember exactly why I did this or what it does. infix -ol?

December 30th, 2009
Mì fko trr oe kayä* ne toktor. Poan mayun'i sì zaya'ärìp oeyä ne'im seyri.
Poan mayun'ì oe hu unil tukru. Oe nìftxavang rä'ä neu tsakem.

*Could I use kayänga?

I'll translate the latter entry, because it has a lot of makeshift phrases: Tomorrow (I used "singular future day") I go to the doctor. He will cut and pull my teeth (I had to use "before lips" for lack of anything else). He will anesthetize me (used "cut me with dream spear"). I really don't want this to happen.

The first entry I'll leave to the reader as an exercise (that's somewhat the point) as it's not too complex, other than the phrase "Oe-yä sngä'ikrr trr", which I'm sure someone can guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version