Memrise group

Started by Tìlu, September 23, 2016, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìlu

I was thinking earlier, what if we made a group on Memrise for those learning vocabulary that way? In my opinion it'd be a neat way to keep tracks of people's progress compared to others.
Because looking at the groups page and the groups FAQ page a bit, it looks like you can use it between friends too. I dunno, just a thought. :-\ And I could definitely try setting one up too if anyone would be interested.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

I think, you can make it - at least, we will track each other's progress there.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Vawmataw

It's cool, you can even add your courses so that the people can use the recommended courses. Tell us when it's created. My nick is Vawmataw.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Hmm ... I've never used Memrise, but it's good idea  :)

Tirea Aean

This sounds like an awesome idea. I know there are leaderboards already among friends. I didn't know there was a such feature as Groups. Count me in :D username TireaAean of course

Tìlu

You all may be able to join it from this link! http://www.memrise.com/group/102131/ :D I invited Tirea and Vawmataw.

Still getting it figured out, but I did add a few courses onto it I think.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

I joined the group. My username is hhvhhvcz. ;)

I think, you should add TA's course, All Na'vi vocabulary, into group courses.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Tìlu

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on September 25, 2016, 09:01:07 AM
I joined the group. My username is hhvhhvcz. ;)

I think, you should add TA's course, All Na'vi vocabulary, into group courses.
Added the All Na'vi vocabulary course into it. Added the Easy Numbers course by Tirea as well. :)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìlu on September 23, 2016, 08:23:53 PM
I was thinking earlier, what if we made a group on Memrise for those learning vocabulary that way? In my opinion it'd be a neat way to keep tracks of people's progress compared to others.
Because looking at the groups page and the groups FAQ page a bit, it looks like you can use it between friends too. I dunno, just a thought. :-\ And I could definitely try setting one up too if anyone would be interested.
How group allows to track member's progress? If it i accomplished only by showing how many points member earned in last week/month/all time, it's IMHO the same as you can see in leaderboard. So what is benefit of being group member?
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Wind12

I havent used memrise for awhile, but I got my account back up, Ill join if I wont be holding anybody back as sadly I never got very far with it last time :p. I retain info like a pool with a hole at the bottom, hrh :/

Tìlu

Quote from: Blue Elf on September 25, 2016, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: Tìlu on September 23, 2016, 08:23:53 PM
How group allows to track member's progress? If it i accomplished only by showing how many points member earned in last week/month/all time, it's IMHO the same as you can see in leaderboard. So what is benefit of being group member?
Well since I think you have to view each course to see someone's progress, with groups it shows it all in one spot. :)

Tirea Aean

Thanks for the add and adding my courses to the mix! :D

Taronyu

Joined. I wish there was a Duolingo course, as I am on there more often.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Taronyu on November 30, 2016, 12:13:43 PM
Joined. I wish there was a Duolingo course, as I am on there more often.

I've been there for a minute.  It seems like One does not simply create a Duolingo course for Na'vi.  There are actually a surprisingly low number of languages on Duolingo compared to Memrise.  They all happen to be the biggest languages that all have SIL codes. *shrug*

Thanks for joining the Memrise group tho :D