My first sentence :D

Started by Meuia Akerusey, February 05, 2010, 04:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia Akerusey

Kaltxì frapo.
Well this is like my first day learning ... and it seems like i can pronounce the words kinda' good.Still I really have to get a grip of some grammar and get a bigger vocabulary :).I don't even know if my name is correct.It should mean Dead Honor, but I don't know if it's correct.So..I made like 2 sentences :D.
1st:Oeyä tsumukan sngolä'i pivlltxe hu oe.
2nd:Oel tayareion sawtuteti.
I don't know noun cases and many other things so please help me learn this great lang :D ... I just love it and I will devote much of my time into learning it.
If the sentences are wrong please correct me and tell me what should I concentrate on learning :D .

Irayo ma aytsmukan.

EDITED:I rewrote both phrases using your help guys .. Thank you so much :)

P.S If any of you have MSN,Yahoo Messenger,Skype,Xfire,Steam and are willing to help me with this contact me on my [email protected] and I will give you my username to add me :)

Hawnuyu atxen

Kaltxì!
Welcome on the forum!

So for your name: i'ts good, just put the "-a-" on the other side of "meuia" (it has to be on the side of the word it modifies):
Meuiaa (not sure... something would come here i think...) Kerusey (the other way is to change the two words: Kerusey Ameuia).

The double "l" is like a vowel, so it should be: "pirmlltxe".
For all sky people, the "ay-" causes lanition, so it'll be either "aysawtute", or just "sawtute".
(this goes for "tsmuktu" too -> "smuktu").

My, for my first sentences i made mistakes like... i don't even remember... :D
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Eight

Kerusey is the adjective so I believe the a- should be on that

Meuia akerusey

Hawnuyu atxen

My... You're right... sorry, my bad!
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Eight

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on February 05, 2010, 05:11:43 PM
My... You're right... sorry, my bad!
Heh, easily done. I often forget it to put it on at all :D

Hawnuyu atxen

Maybe, but i don't really forgot it ever... i'm just careless, but i haven't put that on the wrong word ever :'( ...

Nikre tsa'usìn!

NeotrekkerZ

Quote1st:Ma tsumukan sngolä'i plltxirme hu oe.

Don't forget that when you have a two verb combination (e.g. can go, start to eat, etc) the second verb must take the <iv> infix:

sngolä'i p<iv>lltxìrme

Also, are you saying "my brother started to speak with me?"  If so, ma should be oeyä.
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Hawnuyu atxen

I have to say no... that verb already has the <irm> infix!
Maybe it should be <ivm>...

Nikre tsa'usìn!

NeotrekkerZ

You do have a point.  A couple things about this sentence are confusing me.  Ma Ameuia Kerusey, could you post what you were intending to say?
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Meuia Akerusey

Ok it seems i made lots of mistakes..Anyway this will be my 2nd day so that is kinda not that bad.Okay now what i meant to say is My brother started speaking with me.I am gonna edit the phrases and i will change my name to Meuia Akerusey.I think that should be good.

Meuia Akerusey

If someone could please tell me what to change in the phrases i would be very gratefull and also if someone could start teaching me in private ? :D Not that im ashamed or something but i think it is easier to learn from someone rather than something.

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: Meuia Akerusey on February 05, 2010, 04:47:02 PM
1st:Oe tsumukan sngolä'i plltxirme hu oe.
2nd:Oe tayareion sawtute.

Pretty good for a first day.  :)

First one. To say my you need to put it in the genitive case (used for possession) with -yä to get oeyä.

plltxe doesn't need <irm>, the past-ness is implied by the perfective in snolä'i, it does, instead need a subjunctive <iv> because sngä'i is being used modally (a fancy word that basically means you need to use <iv> in the next verb).

So it should be oe-yä tsmukan sng<ol>ä'a p<iv>lltxe hu oe.

For the second one, you just need an ergative -l on oe because you are the agent doing the hunting and an accusative -t(i) (the i is optional) on sawtute because they are being hunted.

It should be oe-l t<ay>ar<ei>on sawtute-t(i).

Lastly, don't go too crazy with <ei> and <äng>, I know it's tempting to use them a lot but, given the corpus (the list of phrases known to be correct) it seems they are used sparingly.

As for teaching you, you can add me on facebook (my account is the same as my forum one) and I'll do my best to help you there.  :)
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Meuia Akerusey

Irayo ma tsumukan that was very helpfull ... I added you on facebook :) I didn't have an account so i just made 1. I will now edit the phrases