Na'vi Grammar Worksheets!

Started by Skxawng, December 31, 2009, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lìzin'Hë

Irayo for this, I want to practice now!
Oel ngati kameie~

Eight

You spelt (or spelled (US)) "Excersizes" wrong in 1.3. Should be "exercises". :D

Thanks for these though. I'm still struggling with the topical a little - any chance you could do a separate document detailing this in as much as depth as humanly possible? Loads of examples etc. of when to use it and when not? I've noticed a lot of people in the beginner's forum getting corrections on this marker - so it's not just me, but it's only me I'm currently worried about. ;)

Edit: Correcting my own spelling before someone notices the mistake. :D

Tsufätu Ayioangä

First off I'd like to say that these where huge helps for me!  This is where I decided to start when it came to learning and it has given me a tremendous boost, but I do have a few questions.

I started with the first worksheet (like a smart person) and got thoroughly discouraged.  After reading the info for the second one, I went back and realized what i had done wrong.  I just wasn't being logical enough about my choices.  Then I realized how closely related the first and second worksheets are.  A lot of info on the second explains stuff I didn't understand on the first. 

As for the second worksheet, I wanted to let you know that I found two phrases that are different on the answer sheet then they are on the lesson:
Number three: "Is that your sister" vs. "Is she your sister?"
Number Ten: "With his spear, he killed the direhorse" vs. "His spear killed the direhorse."

Before I noticed the difference on number ten, I did the work for that sentence and I wanted to at least know if I had it correct:
Poen-ya tukruhu tserpang pa'li-ru.
"With his spear, he killed the direhorse"

Skxawng

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Quote from: Skxawng on January 12, 2010, 09:48:39 PM
Bump for two new worksheets

Huzzah! Too bad I just came back from the uni so I can't print them out until tomorrow. Ah well. *Gets out pen and paper*
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Um...is there a 1.2 or am I just a skxawng?

Skxawng

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 12, 2010, 10:16:58 PM
Um...is there a 1.2 or am I just a skxawng?

hasn't been written and/or is waiting to be proofread for accuracy. There is also no 1.6 at the moment.

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Quote from: Skxawng on December 31, 2009, 01:33:40 PM
edit: 01/12/10 - Tense/Aspect, and Lenition added.

Isn't Topical/Genetive/Dative the new one?
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

Taronyu

Skxawng, I'll write one, I got some time free this weekend, I think. What subject should it be on?

Sol Lupusnight

These are really going to help me a lot. Irayo Eywa Ngahu
Oel Hawnu Eywati

Skxawng

Quote from: Tìsyaw Nantangä on January 13, 2010, 01:23:37 AM
Isn't Topical/Genetive/Dative the new one?

Nope. its been there for a while.

Quote from: Taronyu on January 13, 2010, 04:58:47 AM
Skxawng, I'll write one, I got some time free this weekend, I think. What subject should it be on?

hm. I'd say go with the Prefixes that haven't been covered yet

Eanikran

Irayo ma Skxawng.
these are incredibly helpful.

Eywa ngahu

Txonyä'ite

Irayo,
These are really helping me learn the language (and thy give me something to do in class)

Txur Txe’lan

irayo, i learn best with worksheets. hopefully more are on the way

Txa'siyu

These worksheets are amazing. Doing things like this in school is boring, but here it is fun. Grammar is always hard with a new language. I hope there will come more sheets, mabye some repetition?

Irayo 

Skxawng

Quote from: Txa'siyu on January 19, 2010, 01:57:38 PM
These worksheets are amazing. Doing things like this in school is boring, but here it is fun. Grammar is always hard with a new language. I hope there will come more sheets, mabye some repetition?

Irayo 

its a time issue at the moment, but in the future there will be more, rest assured

Taronyu

Quote from: Skxawng on January 19, 2010, 06:40:30 PM
Quote from: Txa'siyu on January 19, 2010, 01:57:38 PM

Irayo 

its a time issue at the moment, but in the future there will be more, rest assured

Refer to the above for me as well.

WannabeNavi

oeyä tsko ríyol ulte oeyä swizawayoeng tsíywayon!

Atanyä tsyal

These worksheets are extremely helpful on my behalf. I have alwasy had trouble learning a second language but these are proving to be promising.
Irayo,

Tirea Nìwotxkrr