Na'vi names

Started by Txep, December 23, 2009, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywayä Nantang

I was trying to find a way to turn my name to Eywa's Wolf, but i do not know what the word for wolf would be :-\ would you take Nantang and break it up somehow, or would wolf be a whole 'nother word?
My personal mantra: "Do not growl at them, or hiss,or do anything that makes you seem a little crazy and/or an animal"

Doolio

@monkey:

maybe:

naringyä tutean - forest's man; naring tutean - forest man; lenaring tutean - 'forestly' man

utralyä tutean - tree's man;

@young wolf:
we do not know that yet, but why don't you simply use nantang?
...taj rad...

Eywayä Nantang

yeah, i should do that.. :P
My personal mantra: "Do not growl at them, or hiss,or do anything that makes you seem a little crazy and/or an animal"

Na'ring Tirea

Thank you, I will use this til proper names come out for what I am looking for :)

Tskxäozì Ewaoe

I just randomly put my name together, is it actually ok?

swok hawnu ma Eywa

I don't really have any nickname.  i know that life is treasured among most, and i'm one of them. so swok tìrey seemed like a nice name. translated it's sacred life
Irayo, Eywa

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Oe-l ŋa-ti kam‹ei›e
(Oel nati kameie)

I read this and decided I needed to change my name. I thought about it, becaue I wasn't really sure what would fit my personality (and alas, most of my nicknames haven't been translated into Na'Vi yet.)

So I went with Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, Dangerous Dreamwalker, because I figure that's the closest I can get to most of my nicknames. Besides, It sounds cool, and that's all I need.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

swok hawnu ma Eywa

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on December 31, 2009, 10:20:26 PM
Oe-l ŋa-ti kam‹ei›e
(Oel nati kameie)

I read this and decided I needed to change my name. I thought about it, becaue I wasn't really sure what would fit my personality (and alas, most of my nicknames haven't been translated into Na'Vi yet.)

So I went with Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, Dangerous Dreamwalker, because I figure that's the closest I can get to most of my nicknames. Besides, It sounds cool, and that's all I need.
That's an interesting name Lehrrap Uniltìranyu!  I think i could've made a better name, but it is something felt by the Na'vi, so it fits. :D
Irayo, Eywa

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: swok tìrey on December 31, 2009, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on December 31, 2009, 10:20:26 PM
Oe-l ŋa-ti kam‹ei›e
(Oel nati kameie)

That's an interesting name Lehrrap Uniltìranyu!  I think i could've made a better name, but it is something felt by the Na'vi, so it fits. :D

Hey, I'm not one of the People just yet. I'm still a skxawng from the Jarhead Clan  :P
I fight, I'm a Dreamwalker, there for, I am Lehrrap Uniltíanyu, the Dangerous Dreamwalker.

Heh, I acually am really starting to like that name. If we figure out some more words, I may change it, but for now, this is perfect.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

swok hawnu ma Eywa

Skxawng from the Jarhead Clan aren't the brightest. Well some of them.
Irayo, Eywa

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

I'm a Skxawng from the Jarhead Clan. I fight and speak english.

And somehow, I get this feeling that it's not going to be as easy as field stripping a weapon blindfolded...

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

swok hawnu ma Eywa

Then i guess that that means that that's going to be very hard!
Irayo, Eywa

Tengfya swizaw

Can't say it's easy, but it certainly isn't as dangerous. Unless you get your grammar wrong around omängum fra'uti. Then he whips out the ban banshee and things get complicated and messy with a lot of words.
Welcome to the site!

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

moonseeker

kaltxì   nga-ru lu fpom srak?
My friend and I have names picked out, but they do not actually sound like Na'vi names. Here they are

MINE:
Tsamsiyu Mokri
/Warrior Voice/

MY FRIEND'S:
Txon Tahni
/Night Star/

Please help us. We're very eager to start roleplaying on our forum, but we need names for our sibling Na'vi girls.
mip-a   zìsìt le-fpom nga-ru

Tìsyaw Nantangä

*Flips name around so Tìsyaw is before Nantangä because I can, free syntax and such (I hope)*

For Warrior Voice, do you want the name to mean "one who has a voice like a warrior" or more like a name that literally means "warcry"?
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

moonseeker

Voice like a warrior, yes. (:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on December 31, 2009, 11:24:04 PM
Can't say it's easy, but it certainly isn't as dangerous. Unless you get your grammar wrong around omängum fra'uti. Then he whips out the ban banshee and things get complicated and messy with a lot of words.
Welcome to the site!
Tsní rä'ä pam na síltsan krr. Pam na keye'ung ne Oe.

Still, I guess fieldstripping a Assault Rifle blindfolded isn't really that hard once you get to know your weapon well.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Jack

We don't all need Na'vi names, Jake doesn't have one!

So just call me Jack.

Tengfya swizaw

And Learning Na'vi isn't too hard once you get to know your grammar and vocab well.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

moonseeker

Srane, it is quite easy (:
And I do apologize for my faulty Na'vi. I began learning a day after I saw the movie on it's release, but I am not that good (: