Na'vi names

Started by Txep, December 23, 2009, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tskxäozì Ewaoe

ì'<er>awn means staying then.
Present tense is <er>

Atanä mungeyu

i don't even know what present tense is XD9i live in holland XD,know how to speak&write english because i lived in america for 2 years when i was small)
irayo!! 
eywa ayngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

realdealmagic101

Irayo Doolio sí Tskxäozí Ewaoe.

Doolio

no problem:)

Quote from: Tskxäozì Ewaoe on January 03, 2010, 05:43:41 AM
ì'<er>awn means staying then.
Present tense is <er>

i think he meant "staying" as an adjective or noun, but i am not sure.
...taj rad...

Atanä mungeyu

i'erawn tsteu sì mawey(staying brave and calm)
is that a good sentence ??
eywa ayngahu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Narisiyu
(Nari-si-yu)
(eye-make-person)

I interpreted it as "Watcher". Not like stalker, but more of like observer. I couldn't find a verb for seeing or looking. Eh.

Whaddaya think?
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Tse'a is the verb for to see in the physical sense. Chuck a tì- onto the start to turn a verb into a noun and you end up with Tìtse'a, "Watcher".

To be honest I think what you have now has more of a ring to it, but I thought you'd like to know the word for "watcher" anyway.
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

wm.annis

Quote from: Tìsyaw Nantangä on January 03, 2010, 07:25:44 PM
Tse'a is the verb for to see in the physical sense. Chuck a tì- onto the start to turn a verb into a noun and you end up with Tìtse'a, "Watcher".

The tì- prefix makes abstract and action nouns.  So, tìtse'a is more like sight.  For an agent noun (-er nouns), use the suffix -yu.  So, tse'ayu seer.  We also have the verb nìn meaning to look at, but I'm not sure nìnyu is quite the sense of "watcher" being sought.  We have neither watch nor guard, but we do have protect hawnu, giving hawnuyu protector.

Uniltse'ayu

Hi, i would like to change my name to a Na'vi one.  Can anyone help me with this? what i came up with is :sacred mind. and the words for sacred and mind are swok  and ronsem. do i just put them together or is there another way of doing it?
Hawnuyu, oe-yä itan, oe-l nga-ti kameie.

Eyaye Tskxe

Well, apparently my name means "Broom Hill" and "From the Beacon Hill"
Broom is a bramble or weed... But I'm just going to go with plant, most likely "eyaye". Is there a word for just "Hill" or "Mountain" in Na'vi? I can only find Iknimaya, and I'd rather have my name contain a common noun rather than a proper one. If not, my choices are:

"Eyaye Iknimaya"
OR
"Ftu Atan Iknimaya"

I think that the first one rolls off the tongue easier, so I'm most likely going to go with that, unless there is a good reason not to.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Achille on January 03, 2010, 09:04:35 PM
Broom is a bramble or weed... But I'm just going to go with plant, most likely "eyaye". Is there a word for just "Hill" or "Mountain" in Na'vi? I can only find Iknimaya, and I'd rather have my name contain a common noun rather than a proper one. If not, my choices are:

"Eyaye Iknimaya"
OR
"Ftu Atan Iknimaya"

I think that the first one rolls off the tongue easier, so I'm most likely going to go with that, unless there is a good reason not to.

Eyaye is the name of a specific plant, called in 'ìnglìsì "Warbonnet." There is no real name for plants in general yet.

Eywa ngahu, ma tsmuktu!

-Uriuujìn

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok, I am overly serious about figuring this out and it's bugging me that it isn't working for me.

My real name, Jenna, means 'Fair Phantom'.  Translated as best I could into Na'vi it would be Tirea'muiä but that doesn't sound very namey to me.  I've tried to look up a few other alias' I have but none of them are working.

Some of my common alias' are as follows and if you have any ideas on how to make them into nice sounding Na'vi names I would love the help.  I have also included a few phrases that i wouldn't mind having translated for a name.

Snowstar
Sleetfoot
Bones
Otter

Defender Of The People
Observer Of Death
Beloved
Knowledgeable One

Mako

Haha, my name, Seth means Appointed, so I went with the verb teach with the specialization suffux -yu to make it teacher ;) Sänumeyu.

Uniltse'ayu

I found out that my name James means supplanter or replacer, so i used the synonym, Move. but i want to change it to mover so i took the root "Rikx"and added the suffix -yu to make Rikxyu. is this right?
Hawnuyu, oe-yä itan, oe-l nga-ti kameie.

Mako

By adding -yu, it makes the person the specializer in the verb. So technically, yes.

Eyaye Tskxe

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 03, 2010, 09:33:12 PM
Quote from: Achille on January 03, 2010, 09:04:35 PM

"Eyaye Iknimaya"
OR
"Ftu Atan Iknimaya"

Eyaye is the name of a specific plant, called in 'ìnglìsì "Warbonnet." There is no real name for plants in general yet.

Eywa ngahu, ma tsmuktu!

-Uriuujìn

Yeah, I saw that, but I felt that Eyaye fit the "bramble" category of plants the best. The only other types of flora I found in the dictionary were "kì'ong" and "kxener", both food plants. "Seze" is "Blue flower" which doesn't sound weedy to me, and "fngapsutxwll", is a "metal following plant" (And very difficult to pronounce!). Out of these, I thought that "Warbonnet" sounded the most weedy, so I think I'm going to go with that.

I still feel like I shouldn't have a proper noun (Iknimaya) in my name, but I don't see another word for hill or mountain. Though perhaps "Tskxe" (rock) could be substituted...

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 09:59:50 PM
By adding -yu, it makes the person the specializer in the verb. So technically, yes.

Thank you...I think that actually helped me too :D.

Kerusey tìranyu
Walking Among Death

Would that be right?  Grammatically I mean or would their be some other way to do it?

Tìsyaw Nantangä

Quote from: wm.annis on January 03, 2010, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: Tìsyaw Nantangä on January 03, 2010, 07:25:44 PM

The tì- prefix makes abstract and action nouns.  So, tìtse'a is more like sight.  For an agent noun (-er nouns), use the suffix -yu.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for that.
Mì saw, kawtul tsun stivawm ngayä ayzawngit.

Mako

No, because I know at least the last half of that is wrong. That would mean walker, not walking. H/o

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 10:09:46 PM
No, because I know at least the last half of that is wrong. That would mean walker, not walking. H/o

So Death Walker then?