Na'vi names

Started by Txep, December 23, 2009, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Quote from: snowstar on January 03, 2010, 10:11:32 PM
Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 10:09:46 PM
No, because I know at least the last half of that is wrong. That would mean walker, not walking. H/o

So Death Walker then?

Try aykerusey mì terìran, but that's a wild guess. Aykerusey makes dead plural, so it would be the dead, and terìran is walk -ing. Walking among (implied) the dead. Can I get confirmation on this?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: snowstar on January 03, 2010, 10:11:32 PM
Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 10:09:46 PM
No, because I know at least the last half of that is wrong. That would mean walker, not walking. H/o

So Death Walker then?

Try aykerusey terìran, but that's a wild guess. Aykerusey makes dead plural, so it would be the dead, and terìran is walk -ing. Can I get confirmation on this?

Can the names be that long?  Would I end up going by something shorter as a sort of nickname or would they not do that.  FYI, I'm completely knew to all of this I've only looked through the dictionary so far and I've only seen the movie once so I'm still working on it all.  I appreciate yer help.

Mako

It's not a problem tsmúk (e or an?). I'm not sure if forum names can be that long, but if you want the closest thing to death walker, then you should go with aykerusey mì terìran.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 03, 2010, 10:18:59 PM
It's not a problem tsmúk (e or an?). I'm not sure if forum names can be that long, but if you want the closest thing to death walker, then you should go with aykerusey mì terìran.

'e' to answer yer question and thank you.  I'll go change that now.

Mako

Not a problem tsmuké. Kìyeváme.

Tslerolam'awpo

Kaltxì, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I wanted to change my name to "understanding one", I know the word to understand  is tslolam and the word for one as an individual is 'awpo but my problem is do I just say Tslolam'awpo or is something else needed. Irayo in advance.

Tengfya swizaw: Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Ditto. =3

Sevinan

I'm not sure about the translation of my name into Na'vi. My name, Zain, is Arabic for beauty. Looking through the Na'vi pocket guide, the closest thing I found was Sevin, which means pretty. So would a masculine version be Sevinan?

Mako

That would be correct.

Sevinan

alright cool, Irayo! =)

Mako

Kxanì Kato

<------  this name gramatically correct?

Mako

What were you going for?

Sevinan

I just realized that Sevinan, although it sounds alright, I kinda means, pretty guy right? Can anyone help me make it a little less err, himbo-ish lol

Mako

Quote from: clip120 on January 04, 2010, 12:00:19 AM
Kaltxì, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I wanted to change my name to "understanding one", I know the word to understand  is tslolam and the word for one as an individual is 'awpo but my problem is do I just say Tslolam'awpo or is something else needed. Irayo in advance.

I would say tslerolam'awpo. You need the gerund form of the verb.

Tslerolam'awpo

Tengfya swizaw: Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Ditto. =3

Tskxäozì Ewaoe

Quote from: Kxanì Kato on January 04, 2010, 12:23:24 AM
<------  this name gramatically correct?

Yes, it is grammatically correct. Though not sure if it's s'posed to mean anything...

leli'ua tukru

Kaltxì!

This seems like a likely place to make an introduction. :D
Ok so from the etymological roots of my name and my personality/interests, I came up with a very Na'vi-esque word combo: Wordspear, which, translated, becomes
le-li'u tukru
word(adj) spear
stylized to leli'u tukru for non-educational purposes. :)  Did I do this properly?  If not, can someone guide me in the right direction?

Btw, the name's Francisco. :3

Eywa ngahu!

Brainiac

Quote from: leli'u tukru on January 04, 2010, 04:00:49 AM
Kaltxì!

This seems like a likely place to make an introduction. :D
Ok so from the etymological roots of my name and my personality/interests, I came up with a very Na'vi-esque word combo: Wordspear, which, translated, becomes
le-li'u tukru
word(adj) spear
stylized to leli'u tukru for non-educational purposes. :)  Did I do this properly?  If not, can someone guide me in the right direction?

Btw, the name's Francisco. :3

Eywa ngahu!

Wouldn't that be le-li'u a tukru? or tukru a-le-li'u?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

leli'ua tukru

Hmmmm, I missed the "a" in my perusal of the grammar.

What does it signify?

Brainiac

Quote from: leli'u tukru on January 04, 2010, 05:00:35 AM
Hmmmm, I missed the "a" in my perusal of the grammar.

What does it signify?
The noun the adnominal is attached to. :)
it's on the side of the noun. If the adnominal comes after the verb, it's attached to the adn.
If it comes before, it's in between them
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.