Name Spelling

Started by Tsaya, December 17, 2017, 12:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsaya

So my human first name has no meaning, my dad made it up when I was born. The first part is pronounced like the word "shy." So my name is pronounced Shy-yah or Sh-eye-yah. How would that transfer over to Na'vi spelling (or pronunciation since I can't find "sh" in the phonetics)?

Tìlu

Kaltxì! :D

Na'vi has no 'sh' sound, I'd personally probably transliterate 'sh' as 'ts' so then I'd say the whole thing as 'tsaya' said like 'tsay-a' (using Na'vi sounds which one can find here or here! :)

Toruk Makto

Welcome!

I had a response all typed up, but Tìlu got there ahead of me and I saw it before submitting mine. My reply was almost word for word the same. :)

-M.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tsaya

Ah. Okay, thank you! I thought that would be the case but it never hurts to double check.  :D
Thank you!

Tìlu

Quote from: Tsaya on December 17, 2017, 02:56:43 PM
Ah. Okay, thank you! I thought that would be the case but it never hurts to double check.  :D
Thank you!
No problem! :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Looking at the syllable structure of your name, I'll throw out an alternative Na'vi transliteration for you: Tseaya. This gives you three syllables instead of two: Tse.ay.a. That's a pretty name, and you should be very proud of it, and proud to have a father who cares enough about to coin a unique name for you!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]