Na'vi quote for signature?

Started by Glyfire, March 17, 2010, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glyfire

Hey all I am looking for a good Na'vi quote to put on my signature. Does anyone have some good suggestions?

Irayo!  ;D

Rikxyu

Would you like a quote from the movie or a translated quote from history? Not that I have either offhand, but I could try...
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Glyfire

Umm anything but try to make it kind of inspirational if you can. I am just basically trying to get ideas here.

Fnua Atxkxe

Try going through threads, I made mine up in thread as a reply to a question, then just extended it a bit ;D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Glyfire

Fnua Atxkxe

plus, just post a question asking if its right when you're done and someone will look over it
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Glyfire

Well I did it. I kind of made it my own but I think it means "following the path of peace". Am I correct?

NeotrekkerZ

path of peace = peace's path = fpomä fya'o (or vice versa, but you need the genitive there)
Rìk oe lu hufwemì, nìn fya'ot a oe tswayon!

Glyfire

Niwantaw

heh heh
quite possibly the oppersite of mine but it looks right to me
Only mostly AWOL.

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: tawtute akawng on March 18, 2010, 03:43:37 PM
heh heh
quite possibly the oppersite of mine but it looks right to me
Is this where someone points out then that yours does indeed look opposite, in that it doesn't look right?

Krrpe ngaru tse'a zusatsawkrr, syaw txep ta'em

When you use "krrpe" it's always a question.  If you want to use it as in "At the time that ..." you can use "krr a" at the beginning of the clause or "a krr" at the end.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at adding ats to zusawkrr...  Why not just add it to the verb?  And for that matter, why is the future seeing something, why is it seeing something to you, and why is fire calling from above?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Niwantaw

because it is a very rough translation of
"if if doubt, call in an airstrike"
Only mostly AWOL.

omängum fra'uti

Right, but you have it worded as a question, and you have the "fire form above" the one DOING the calling, not being called.

Niwantaw

the fire from the sky IS being called
it isn't calling in the future
Only mostly AWOL.

omängum fra'uti

Not the way you wrote it.  You wrote that the fire is what is calling, not what is being called.

Niwantaw

right
sorry for pointless posting then
(can you fix it for me?)
Only mostly AWOL.

omängum fra'uti

Well, you call to something so you'd want it being in the dative...  So it would be txepur, though in this case with ta'em following txep, I'd probably opt for txepru.  Also as I mentioned "krrpe" is a question, but you're not asking a question, so "a krr" would work better...

So something like...

Ngaru tse'a zusatsawkrr a krr, syaw txepru ta'em

Though I'm a bit unsure about your idea for "In doubt"...  Maybe "When you don't know what to do?"  Which would be Oel ke omum kem a sivi a krr, syaw txepru ta'em
When you don't know the action to do, call fire from above.

Niwantaw

irayo
i think i will use the second one
(mainly bacause i think i may actualy be able to pronouce it)
Only mostly AWOL.

Yeya Swizaw

I won't be able to - it has an 'rr' in it :o
"Everybody loves me... except people who don't"
  "Oe yawne lu frapor... oe ke lu suteru mungwrr"

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I would just like to know if my signature is gramatically correct. (Oe yom ngayä ayeltu)(I eat your brains) Yes I know i'm being an Englsih Noob and going with that word order.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.