aysil tìrol (The Bone's Song)

Started by taronyu luke txopu, August 12, 2010, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taronyu luke txopu

I decided to help new learners of na'vi with the parts of the body so i translated the bones song into na'vi. I'm still somewhat new too so if anyone sees something wrong with my grammer let me know.

The literal translation does not make as much sense because there is not word for "bone" and some of the body parts don't have words.

Levenzek-a til lu tamil levenu-a til.
Levenu-a til lu tamil lekinam-a til.
Lekinam-a til lu tamil lekinamtil-a til.
Lekinam-a til lu tamil letxìm-a til.
Letxìm-a til lu tamil letxal-a til.
Letxal-a til lu tamil lepewn-a til.
Lepewn-a til lu tamil lere'o-a til.
Lezekwä-a til lu tamil letsyokx-a til.
Letsyokx-a til lu tamil lepxun-a til.
Lepxun-a til lu tamil lepxuntil-a til.
Lepxun-a til lu tamil letxal-a til.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: taronyu hu kehe txopu on August 12, 2010, 10:18:22 AM
I decided to help new learners of na'vi with the parts of the body so i translated the bones song into na'vi. I'm still somewhat new too so if anyone sees something wrong with my grammer let me know.

The literal translation does not make as much sense because there is not word for "bone" and some of the body parts don't have words.

Levenzek-a til lu tamil levenu-a til.
Levenu-a til lu tamil lekinam-a til.
Lekinam-a til lu tamil lekinamtil-a til.
Lekinam-a til lu tamil letxìm-a til.
Letxìm-a til lu tamil letxal-a til.
Letxal-a til lu tamil lepewn-a til.
Lepewn-a til lu tamil lere'o-a til.
Lezekwä-a til lu tamil letsyokx-a til.
Letsyokx-a til lu tamil lepxun-a til.
Lepxun-a til lu tamil lepxuntil-a til.
Lepxun-a til lu tamil letxal-a til.

But a fun little project nonetheless. And I do hope we will see some internal anatomic terms before too long.

I fondly remember this song from childhood. I most remember the form used in summer camp or something like that that talks about the valley of dry bones in the book of Ezekiel. You could make the song as long or short as you want, singing each line a half step or a step higher or lower than the previous line (and thus going through about every musical key there is. I wonder if the Na`vi are cognizant of the concept of keys and temperments). The song would end with the line 'Now here the word of the Lord'. So in Na`vi, it might be Set stawm lì`u ta {Eywa or Yawey} or  Set stawm ayì`u ta {Eywa or Yawey} or Set stawm lì`u ta'em {Eywa or Yawey}. I am sure there are many other creative variants, and undoubtedly some that are easier to sing!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]