Pivängkxo nìNa'vi Ko! Beginner Na'vi Chat Thread

Started by Alyara Arati, May 03, 2013, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

Quote from: Eana Unil on May 10, 2013, 03:11:32 PM
Frayultxaturi a tìyok Perlinit trray oeru fmokx lu nìtxan! ;D Nìrangal zirva'u oe kop, slä ke tsängun fìzìsìt  :( Yewla. Kxawm zìsìtay.

Frayultxatur livu tì'o' nìtxan! :)

Srane. Sìlpey foru oe ultxa asìltsan. :)

Habe guten Euro Avatar Versammlung lieber Blue Elf!  ;D  ;)
Kayar oe ngari lì'uot atoistye. (I'll teach you some german words)

Guten Tag! (Hi) Kaltxì.
Wie geht's? (How are you?) Ngaru lu fpom srak?
Gut. (Fine) Srane.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on May 10, 2013, 04:14:47 PM
Habe guten ein gutes Euro Avatar Versammlung Treffen, lieber Blue Elf!  ;D  ;)
Tse, tìfmi asìltsan, ma Kameyu. ;) "Lì'fya atoitsye, lì'fya angäzìk." ;D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on May 10, 2013, 07:07:05 PM
Habe guten ein gutes Euro Avatar Versammlung Treffen, lieber Blue Elf!  ;D  ;)
Tse, tìfmi asìltsan, ma Kameyu. ;) "Lì'fya atoitsye, lì'fya angäzìk." ;D
:-[ Yes, I'm still beginner. Srane, oe mi lu sngä'iyu.

Kemaweyan

Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tay'waro

Quote from: Kemaweyan on May 09, 2013, 04:21:13 AM
Kaltxì, ma tsmukan, zola'u nìprrte'! Tse'a oel ngati fìtsenge a fì'u oeru prrte' lu nìngay :) Sìlpey oe tsnì ngar livu 'o' tìpusängkxo a fìtsenge.

Pamrelìri kxeyeyti le'aw rolun: ke'u kem ke serikekem ke seri :) Hufwa oer sivunu lì'u alu kawkem to pum alu kekem, slä.. keyawr lu fìlì'u ulte zene fko pivlltxe san kekem...

Irayo, ma tsmukan.
Oe mllte ngahu, txo ngal tsole'a futa lolam oer meypa pa'o a teri tìftia hemlì'uä aep'ang, tsakrr oer livu tìkin a ivomum nì'ul fìtxelet fu säomumit rivun tsengo. Kxawm ngal omum pesengit?  

Quote from: Plumps on May 09, 2013, 05:09:10 AM

Kaltxì ma Tay'waro ulte zola'u nìprrte' fìtseng!
Furia nga zola'u fìtseng ulte fmi pamrel sivi sì pivängkxo nìNa'vi oeru prrte' lu.
Tì'o' ngaru nìwotx! :D

Irayo nìtxan, ma tsmukan.

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 09, 2013, 02:46:15 PM

Nì'i'a lahea sngä'iyu fìtsenge :) Ha - zola'u nìprrte'

I think here's another small mistakes - if you want to express time duration, use -o suffix with time word (...nume tsat wum vopeya vospxìo)

Vospxì lu a lì'uri oe pamrel soli tsafya taluna nolew piveng nìhno nìfya'o. Krra oe pamrel sami, tslamam futa fìkem tsun fko sliva'tsu fa tenga fya'o apxey. 'Awa fya'o lu san .. nume vopeyvea vospxì sik, pum amuve san ... nume vopeya vospxìo sik, pum pxeyve san ... nume vopeya vospxì. Fì'uri nìRuski tsun fko pivlltxe nìfya'o. Slä txo nìNa'vi zene fko pamrel si nì'aw san ... nume vopeya vospxìo sik, tsakrr oeru tìkxey ulte oel ayomum tsat.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Kemaweyan on May 11, 2013, 01:44:58 AM

Srane. Sìlpey foru oe ultxa asìltsan. :)

Sìlpey oe tsnì foru livu ultxa asìltsan ;)
Srane. Irayo. :) Srake slä lu lekin frakrr fwa sar fìlì'ut alu tsnì hemlì'uhu alu ätxäle si, sìlpey, rangal sì srefey?

Kaltxì ma Tay'waro ulte zola'u nìprrte'! :)

Tay'waro

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì frapo,
Oeru txoa livu, slä tsun aynga txuvila fìkìng nìnän ep'ang?

I'm sorry but can we take this down a couple of notches? I am a total beginner and from what I see right now, it makes me even more apprehensive to post. I am not confident in my abilities as it is and to see all this nìNa'vi nì'aw talk flying around doesn't help either. For people like me, it just widens the gap even more, I'm sorry to say this. I am very good with Memrise but when it comes down to putting it all together I fail miserably. And the thing that actually works for me is the one thing I am not allowed to do here; to write Na'vi'ìnglìsì because it allows me to "ease" into it more gradually without feeling so inadequate. :-[

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on May 11, 2013, 02:52:41 PM
Kaltxì frapo,

I'm sorry but can we take this down a couple of notches? I am a total beginner and from what I see right now, it makes me even more apprehensive to post. I am not confident in my abilities as it is and to see all this nìNa'vi nì'aw talk flying around doesn't help either. For people like me, it just widens the gap even more, I'm sorry to say this. I am very good with Memrise but when it comes down to putting it all together I fail miserably. And the thing that actually works for me is the one thing I am not allowed to do here; to write Na'vi'ìnglìsì because it allows me to "ease" into it more gradually without feeling so inadequate. :-[

English is actually required here, in spoiler tags. click on the spoilers. :)

EDIT: I see now. You want Na'vEnglish. This was only against the rules because it's confusing. confusing because there are words in Na'vi that look identical to English words. to, set, pen, new are just a few examples.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 11, 2013, 02:58:59 PM
Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on May 11, 2013, 02:52:41 PM
Kaltxì frapo,

English is actually required here, in spoiler tags. click on the spoilers. :)

Actually this is interesting as i've been reading all the posts via email ( which for me is sometimes easier. )
and tbh they hit the nail right on the head. I think you will find that Karyu Pawl said this is EXACTLY the kinda thing that people might say if they see TONS of comments on his blog in nìNa'vi. I forget if it was on his blog i read his comment or if it was on that Nova site with the recent documentary about him.. but he clearly said that those not yet familiar but wanting to learn might feel separated or alienated vs those that are reasonably fluent. I think that's even why this forum has a Beginners , intermediate, Advanced, and nìNa'vi nì'aw. 
Edit : I found it.

http://naviteri.org/2010/06/irayo-thank-you-and-some-miscellaneous-thoughts/
"Na'vi-only comments have both pros and cons:

PROS: They reinforce the idea that Na'vi is not a game but a means of genuine communication. They also give writers a chance to use their Na'vi in a public way and give others a chance to practice their reading comprehension. Providing an English translation of every Na'vi post would defeat those purposes. (For example, it's hard to resist going immediately to the translation rather than puzzling out the Na'vi for yourself without help, a more productive activity.) They also give beginners a sense of how far some Community members have come and provide the incentive for them to get there themselves.

CONS: Na'vi-only comments are directed to a relatively small audience (assuming the blog will eventually get traffic from newcomers!) and create the sense of insiders vs. outsiders. They can be off-putting to new arrivals and curious people who have not yet learned much, if anything, of the language, who might react to the blog with, "Whoa. This is much too advanced for me." And they might also imply that posters who write in English only are somehow not measuring up."
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tirea Aean

Hey. Beginners wana practice. We made a thread here for that. I'm typically not so verbose. Some are. Either way, this place is teeming with translations, as opposed to the NN board which is not. If you follow by email, try clicking on the link and then readingthe post where you can actually use the hover text or spoiler tag. That's what I do. I follow all threads by email and do this.

So... back to casual chatting in Na'vi with provided translations?

EDIT:

This is a Na'vi casual chat thread. Translations already must be included in each post. What else do you want us to do? O.o ??? :-\

Tirea Aean

Z<ìm>up tompa fìtseng nìtxan. Meylan-ìl frrfen oe-ti fìtrr ro helku. Kempe si aynga? Pehem l<er>en?

Palulukan Maktoyu

Tse, Oe-l tok kelku-ti oe-yä, ulte oe-yä venzekur a-leskxir txan-a tìsraw.

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Tay'waro on May 11, 2013, 08:31:23 AM
Irayo, ma tsmukan.
Oe mllte ngahu, txo ngal tsole'a futa lolam oer meypa pa'o a teri tìftia hemlì'uä aep'ang, tsakrr oer livu tìkin a ivomum nì'ul fìtxelet fu säomumit rivun tsengo. Kxawm ngal omum pesengit? 

Peu ke law lu ngar? Nìngay tsun nga pivawm mì fìhapxì pängkxotsengä.

Quote from: Tay'waro on May 11, 2013, 08:31:23 AM
Vospxì lu a lì'uri oe pamrel soli tsafya taluna nolew piveng nìhno nìfya'o. Krra oe pamrel sami, tslamam futa fìkemit tsun fko sliva'tsu fa tenga fya'o apxey. 'Awvea fya'o lu san .. nume vopeyvea vospxì sik, pum amuve san ... nume vopeya vospxìo sik, pum apxeyve san ... nume vopeya vospxì. Fì'uri nìRuski tsun fko pivlltxe nìfya'o. Slä txo nìNa'vi zene fko pamrel sivi nì'aw san ... nume vopeya vospxìo sik, tsakrr oeru tìkxey ulte oel ayomum tsat.

Nìngay pxeyvea fya'o keyawr lu. Mì rel arusikx Norm poltxe san zìsìto amrr sìk, ha fì'u lu eyawra fya'o. 'Awvea pumìri lu oer am'a... Oel tslam futa nga new piveng, slä skxakep nìNa'vi ke tsun fko tsafya pivlltxe. Tsunslu fwa sweylu txo pivlltxe san fìkrr lu vopeyvea vospxì a nume oel lì'fyati leNa'vi sìk fu san solalew vospxì avopey takrra sngolä'i oe lì'fyati leNa'vi nivume sìk...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on May 11, 2013, 05:15:39 PM
Tse, Oe-l tok kelku-ti oe-yä, ulte oe-yä venzekur a-leskxir lu txan-a tìsraw.

keftxo! :( Sìlpey oe tsnì tsaw zosl<iv>u ye'rìn.

Kemaweyan

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on May 11, 2013, 08:38:42 AM
Srane. Irayo. :) Srake slä lu lekin frakrr fwa sar fìlì'ut alu tsnì hemlì'uhu alu ätxäle si, sìlpey, rangal sì srefey?

Kehe, lu awngaru ta Pawl a sìkenong a ke sar pol tsat. Natkenong:

Sìlpey oe, ...

Eana Unil

Regarding the topic about feeling alienated/excluded as a beginner... I can totally understand this, I felt quite similar when I started to learn Na'vi full-heartedly. I felt overwhelmed by all Na'vi written here on the forum (e.g. in the thread Tìpängkxo kìng), and sometimes I even felt like failing or never being capable of understanding/learning/writing/speaking nì'Na'vi. It may could've demotivated me, but I didn't allow it to do so.
Instead I just translated everything, especially the texts I couldn't understand (yet). Every (big) text nìNa'vi, which seemed to be too hard stuff for me to translate/understand, was translated by me nonetheless. At least I tried. I participated in a learning group and asked a lot of questions about stuff which I didn't understand (yet). And then, some day, it made click. I understood the grammar, the sense, the context behind it, just because I hung on and asked for help. I guess this is also what this thread is for. Giving you the chance to translate, practice, make mistakes, ask and learn.
So... why not just use it while not letting it demotivate you? Instead, use/see it as a great chance for learning and improving. Making mistakes and not understanding everything right from the beginning is part of it. But you'll understand more and more if you hang on.

Just my two cents... Because I can understand both sides - beginners and intermediates/experts, because not long ago, I've been a beginner, too. :) Just hang on and try. In the way which helps you the most. Rutxe. :D

Back to topic... ^^

Fìtrr famrrfen oel meylanit muntxatanhu oeyä. Mefo poltxe oeru san moeyä 'ite kem si alu tsko swizaw sìk. Kosman nì'aw.
Frakrr oe namew fìkem sivi kop. Ha oe polawm meforu san tsivun oe fìkem sivi/tskxekeng sivi 'itehu mengeyä, srak? sìk. :) Fì'uri sìlpey oe tsnì zayo, ha tsayun oe fìkem alu tsko swizaw sivi nìteng ye'rìn. Srefereiey nìprrte' fìtxan :D

Mìftxele, pesu fìkem seri alu tsko swizaw? Srake ayngar a fìkem seri lu aysrungtsyìp?

Nìvingkap, tsun fko pivlltxe san tsko swizaw si sìk, srak?

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eana Unil on May 11, 2013, 06:50:01 PM
Fìtrr famrrfen oel meylanit muntxatanhu oeyä. Mefo poltxe oeru san moeyä 'ite kem si alu tsko swizaw sìk. Kosman nì'aw.
Frakrr oe namew fìkem sivi kop. Ha oe polawm meforu san tsivun oe fìkem sivi/tskxekeng sivi 'itehu mengeyä, srak? sìk. :) Fì'uri sìlpey oe tsnì zayo, ha tsayun oe fìkem alu tsko swizaw sivi nìteng ye'rìn. Srefereiey nìprrte' fìtxan :D

Mìftxele, pesu fìkem seri alu tsko swizaw? Srake ayngar a fìkem seri lu aysrungtsyìp?

Nìvingkap, tsun fko pivlltxe san tsko swizaw si sìk, srak?

Irayo ma Eana Unil. Oe ngahu mllte. :)
__

Tewti! :D Oeru sunu tsko swizaw slä oel ke fnan.

Kehe, ke tsun pivlltxe san tsko swizaw si. Oel fpìl futa awngal kin lì'ut a slu nì'Ìnglìsì archery.

Kemaweyan

Pelun ke tsun fko pivlltxe san tskofa tem? Nìngay lì'fyari leRuski tsafya fko plltxe...

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Kemaweyan on May 11, 2013, 08:29:41 PM
Pelun ke tsun fko pivlltxe san tskofa tem? Nìngay lì'fyari leRuski tsafya fko plltxe...

Karyu Pawl-ìl awnga-ru t<alm>ìng tìkenong-it
fìtsenge: http://naviteri.org/2010/09/getting-to-know-you-part-3/

holpxay mrrvolaw. Oe tskxekeng si säsulìnur alu tsko swizaw.