Pivängkxo nìNa'vi Ko! Beginner Na'vi Chat Thread

Started by Alyara Arati, May 03, 2013, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 16, 2013, 12:00:03 PM
Kaltxì, oeru syaw Eywayä tìmwiä ulte oe n<er>ume leNa'vi lì'fya.  Oe tsy<ats>ìl ay-utral, m<ats>akto ay-fa'li, ulte t<ats>ul.  Oe k<äng>in srung.  Oeru lu fi-pongu ulte oe new w<ilv>alak.  Irayo, oe '<ats>efu oeru lu fìfya zola'u nìprrte'.
Txantsan! Oeru sunu ngeyä tìfmi. :D

Well, let's see:
QuoteKaltxì, oeru syaw (fko) Eywayä tìmwiä ulte oe n<er>ume lì'fya leNa'vi.  Oel tsyìl ayutralit, makto ayfa'lit, ulte tul.  Oel k<äng>in ki<ei>n srungit.  Oeru lu fi-pongu ulte oe new w<ilv>alak. Oeru sunu fìpongu ulte oe nìsìlpey slivu walak fìtsenge. Irayo, oel '<ats>efu oeru lu fìfya zola'u nìprrte'. -> Zola'u nìprrte' ayngeyä, oe irayo seiyi.

I don't understand, why you are use <ats>? You are so unsure?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 16, 2013, 12:00:03 PM
Kaltxì, oeru syaw Eywayä tìmwiä ulte oe n<er>ume leNa'vi lì'fya.  Oe tsy<ats>ìl ay-utral, m<ats>akto ay-fa'li, ulte t<ats>ul.  Oe k<äng>in srung.  Oeru lu fi-pongu ulte oe new w<ilv>alak.  Irayo, oe '<ats>efu oeru lu fìfya zola'u nìprrte'.

Hello, my name is Eywayä tìmwiä and I am learning Na'vi.  I climb trees, ride horses, and run.  I need help.  I like this community, and I hope to become more active here.  Thank you for making me feel welcome.
Kaltxì, ma Eywayä tìmwiä, zola'u nìprrte'. Tung oer futa wìntxu ngar sengit a zene fko zeyko.

Hello Eywayä tìmwiä, welcome here. Let me to show you places, which neds to be repaired (corrected).
First - why do you use <ats> infix? It mark statement, where speaker is not sure whether what he says is fully correct. But believe you are sure that you climb trees, ride horse etc. Maybe you wanted to use <ei> to show your pleasure of these actions? Also, <ats> is second position infix and goes into last but one syllable in from of vowel, so not * matsako, but maktatso, same for 'efatsu (not *'atsefu)
second - take care how verbs are marked in dictionary. If it is vtr. (transitive verb), you must mark subject with -l/-ìl and object with -t/-ti/-it. Vin. verbs (intransitive) do not use subject marking and they can take only indirect object, marked by -r/-ru/-ur. For some vin. verbs is common to use topical. So when we correct your text, we get:

Kaltxì, oeru syaw Eywayä tìmwiä ulte lì'fyari leNa'vi oe n<er>ume.
Nume is vin. (quite new information) and it is used with topical (as for Na'vi language, I'm learning).
Oel tsyìl ay-utralit, makto ay-fa'lit, ulte tul. Oel kin srungit.

tsyìl, kin and makto are vtr., so case suffixes are needed. You got lenition after ay+ prefix correctly, good! And I think <äng> is not necessary - asking for help is not a shame!
Oeru  sunu fì-pongu (also lì'fyaolo') ulte oe new  livu walak nì'ul
I like this group/community (language group) and want to be more active.
Furia ayngal 'eykefu oet prrte' oe irayo si
Regarding fact you make me feel pleasure, I thank (you). "Irayo si" is another verb, which is used with topical, you put to this case thing for which you are thanking. There's more rules I can you show on your examples, but IMHO it is better to not overburden you. But if there's something unclear, just ask. Also, often there's more than one way how to say something, so my version is not the only possible. Other people can translate this in other words.

Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eywayä tìmwiä

Thank you Blue Elf and Tìtstewan! I understand most of the corrections, but I don't understand the infixes, transitive or intransitive or those similar to it  ???  Also what is IMHO?

Alyara Arati

In My Humble Opinion. :D

Edit: you might want to see this thread for a really excellent explanation of cases.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Eywayä tìmwiä

Thank you Alyara Arati.  That makes it a bit more clear.  I'll keep trying.

Tìtstewan

Here you find a really good affix (infixes like <ats>, <er> etc. / suffixes and prefixes) guide. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 16, 2013, 04:41:51 PM
Thank you Blue Elf and Tìtstewan! I understand most of the corrections, but I don't understand the infixes, transitive or intransitive or those similar to it  ???  Also what is IMHO?
Maybe you find this thread useful. Here you find complete infix chart.
In general, infix is group of letters you put into verb (and verb only!). They are used to express causative/reflexive (zero infix position), time/aspect/subjunctive (first infix position) and mood of the speaker (second infix position).
In general, infixes of zero and first position go in last but one syllable, second position is in last syllable. In both cases you put them in front of vowel.
Some examples:
t<0><1>ar<2>on
t<0><1><2>ul
kem s<0><1><2>i (for all "si" verbs infixes go into si part).
muw<0><1>ìntx<2>u

There are some exceptions, where infix positions are different - such verbs are marked in dictionary as (ii) - irregular infix and infix positions are marked.

Tìtstewan

The thread from Tirea Aean has also these infix positions of the verbs. ::) (and is a bit more actual...)

Also just a note that the 1680x1050px image of this linked thread doen't work.

And really, it can be exhausting to watch different threads for a beginner, isn't it?

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 17, 2013, 03:09:38 PM
The thread from Tirea Aean has also these infix positions of the verbs. ::) (and is a bit more actual...)

Also just a note that the 1680x1050px image of this linked thread doen't work.

And really, it can be exhausting to watch different threads for a beginner, isn't it?

Txo fko new ivomum, zene ivinan :) -> Who want to know, must read.
For first moment it can be difficult, but there's no need to read all threads just now. When you know more, beginner forum become small for you. And list of useful threads can be useful at that time. Knowledge is spread out over the whole language part of our forum. There's just problem to select threads with current and correct information. Some are outdated....
But I think we are now out of scope of this thread.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 17, 2013, 03:25:39 PM
Eyawr.
Oe new piveng tsat. I would mentioned that. ;)

Eywayä tìmwiä

Irayo! I am working on this, and I'll get better.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 16, 2013, 02:39:55 PM
So when we correct your text, we get:

Oeru  sunu lu fì-pongu (also lì'fyaolo') ulte oe new  livu walak nì'ul
I like this group/community (language group) and want to be more active.

Don't use lu with sunu because sunu is already the verb. You don't say *Oeru sunu lu fìpongu, you say Oeru sunu fìpongu

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 17, 2013, 03:34:01 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on August 17, 2013, 03:25:39 PM
Eyawr.
Oel new pereng tsat. I would mentioned that. ;)

-> Oe new piveng tsat. ;)

Ngay. O.o

Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 17, 2013, 08:20:49 PM
Irayo! I am working on this, and I'll get better.

:D Txo nga vivar tskxekeng sivi pxìm tsakrr nga paylltxe nìltsan, kezemplltxe.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 17, 2013, 08:51:19 PM
Don't use lu with sunu because sunu is already the verb. You don't say *Oeru sunu lu fìpongu, you say Oeru sunu fìpongu
Meh, I have no idea where lu went there. Seems I changed my idea during writing and didn't do all corrections. Thanks for pointing it out.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Ok learned sumtin New with that line. Didn't realise you could use inan could beer used for say reading a book. :-D

[/quote]
Txo fko new ivomum, zene ivinan :) -> Who want to know, must read.

[/quote]

fpole' fa spulmokri oeyä.
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Plumps

Ka wotx, fko tsun tsalì'ut sivar fte pivlltxe san read a book sìk slä nìran sweylu txo fkol sivar lì'ut alu puk fu pamrel fte ralur law sivi.

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì ma frapo,
I'm a bit confused. Ma Plumps, you use <sleyku>, doens't that mean <produce>? I learned that in my Memrise. Sometimes I'm lost when I see words used that to me mean something else entirely ???

Plumps

Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on August 19, 2013, 03:22:00 AM
Kaltxì ma frapo,
I'm a bit confused. Ma Plumps, you use <sleyku>, doens't that mean <produce>? I learned that in my Memrise. Sometimes I'm lost when I see words used that to me mean something else entirely ???

Lu ngaru yayayr srak? ;) Ngari txe'lan mawey livu :)

Nga fpìl teri tìketeng letrrtrr srak? Fu fpìl teri zeya tìketeng a'aw srak? :-\
Fìlì'uä ral slu nì'Ìnglìsì produce nìngay slä kop za'u ta sl‹eyk›u. Fkol tsat sar fte livawk sì'efut mìfayä ('awsiteng hu lì'u alu 'eykefu, tìomummì oeyä).

fì'ul / fìkemìl oeti sleyku nitram

Sìlpey oe tsnì tìoeyktìng law silvi.

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì ma Plumps,
Irayo tsa ngal oeyktìng fì'ut oeru. Oeru omum aylì'u slä set oel lu sivar ayli'ut tìeyawr.
Thank you that you explain this word to me. I know the words but now I have to use the words correctly. ::)

I have this with more words. I guess it's just practise, practise, practise... :)

Plumps

Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on August 19, 2013, 05:51:09 AM
Kaltxì ma Plumps,
Irayo tsa ngal oeyktìng fì'ut oeru. Oeru omum aylì'u slä set oel lu sivar ayli'ut tìeyawr.
Thank you that you explain this word to me. I know the words but now I have to use the words correctly. ::)

I have this with more words. I guess it's just practise, practise, practise... :)

›››› Furia ngal oeyktìng fì'ut oeru irayo (si). Oel omum aylì'ut slä set zene oe sivar aylì'ut nìeyawr.

Nìprrte'. ;D

Sran, ngaru tìyawr. tsulfä za'u fa tskxekeng ;)
Ha, txo ngaru lu sìpawm, syaw nì'aw :)

Tirea Aean

eltur tìtxen si fwa ral lì'uä alu sleyku stum kawkrr ke lu produce. ;D