Pocket guide help

Started by moohug4, January 04, 2011, 10:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moohug4

Kaltxì! Oel ngati kameie!  8)

So I am just starting to learn Na'vi, and I must say it is going fantastic! ( I learned 4 words today! Ean, Tun, Kaltxì, and Teyr). But I am still in need of some help. I really enjoyed the pocketmod booklet that i found (The pocket reference guide by Brooks Boyd) and I was wondering...

Does anyone else have any of those? I made my own of useful words, but if you have PDF's of those pocketmod thingies, that would be great!

Also, I have already read the guides at the learnnavi.org homepage, and a few more.  ;D

Thanks!
If I spell something wrong, correct me!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Well, I'm not sure to know what you mean exactly. Are you searching for other pocketmod booklets in particular, or for summarized resources in general? :) Either way, as you've probably already done, I'd suggest you take a look at the Learning Resources section of the forums and on LearnNa'vi's download page. I don't think you'll find anything somewhere else concerning learning resources. LearnNa'vi's learning projects (Neytiri and NgayNume) are also very useful, but it's something completely different.

To start, I'd advice you Learn Na'vi the Easy Way. I'm not sure that it's quite up-to-date and I'm not using it myself, but I've heard it's helped some beginners a lot. Also, Prezi lessons are a fun and helpful way to learn. And to practice what you've learnt, you can try my exercise sheets, which contain the exercises I've created for myself when practising. The docs & the corrections are in the first post. :) These are not pocketmods, but I thought it might be relevant to mention them anyway.

On a long-term basis, maybe the infix chart will be good for you when you've learnt the grammar and have difficulties remembering the infixes in their context (it happens to all of us, at the beginning they can me confusing to memorize).

Hope it helps a bit! :D

moohug4

Kaltxì!
Thank you so much! These are very helpful. But I am looking for those pocketmod booklets. I find those helpful because I can carry them everywhere, and whip 'em out when I need too.

;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

If that is the pocketmod book I am thinking of, it is woefully out of date. You are doing yourself a disservice trying to use that. (In general, anything more than about three months old is untrustworthy.)  If you are a young person and have good vision, you might try reworking Taronyu's dictionary int 4 pages/page (double sided if possible). (I think there are programs out there, like GIMP for Linux, that will let you manipulate PDFs that way.) While you are at it, you can do the same thing with either (or both) Na`vi in a nutshell, or Wm Annis's reference grammar. That way, you will have everything up to date, and that will be much more useful n the long run.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

moohug4

Good idea. But I'm not sure. The one that I made I just took from the dictionary of words that I felt neccesary...  :P

MIPP

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 05, 2011, 10:31:07 AM
If that is the pocketmod book I am thinking of, it is woefully out of date. You are doing yourself a disservice trying to use that. (In general, anything more than about three months old is untrustworthy.)  If you are a young person and have good vision, you might try reworking Taronyu's dictionary int 4 pages/page (double sided if possible). (I think there are programs out there, like GIMP for Linux, that will let you manipulate PDFs that way.) While you are at it, you can do the same thing with either (or both) Na`vi in a nutshell, or Wm Annis's reference grammar. That way, you will have everything up to date, and that will be much more useful n the long run.

GIMp also works on Windows and it is free, so it is a good choice if you don't want to use Photoshop.
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.