Sentence check for dialog

Started by ShadowedSin, February 02, 2010, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnuyu atxen

It must be a typo.. blue is "ean", so it should be "eana". (you can gear Frommer saying it in the "big blue butt" sentence)
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Na'viyä Tsamsiyu

Want to bring Na'Vi to X-Box live? Send a friend request to "SR Raptor 50" with the word Na'Vi attatched to it! I hope to have at least one friend who i can chat with in Na'Vi. Irayo, Ewya Ngahu. -Raptor

ShadowedSin

If anyone is wondering I'm using as a thread to learn the basic grammar for an RP site I help to co-admin.

Oeri ontu teya längu ngeyä ta fahew!

I am using SVO for the sentence structure because most of the board I'm on are English Speakers.

So I take it that my secondary sentence is dative?

Ngal ke perenga oeru kea tìngayt! < I see you added a double negation? So the verb is negated and the noun is negated?

So if peng is a vt, why is just marked as verb in Taronyu's dic?
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

ShadowedSin

So in sentence negation for Na'vi you negate a verb and then you negate the corresponding object?
\Shadow's Sin

Arrow Child

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: ShadowedSin on February 04, 2010, 03:50:25 PMSo I take it that my secondary sentence is dative?

Ngal ke perenga oeru kea tìngayt! < I see you added a double negation? So the verb is negated and the noun is negated?

So if peng is a vt, why is just marked as verb in Taronyu's dic?
Truth is all the parts of speech we know are inferred.  Frommer stated that for most verbs it's clear enough what the transitivity is so he doesn't bother mentioning it in his vocab (Which we don't have yet).  "Tell" is actually ditransitive, like "give"  You tell something to someone.  The to someone is of course the dative, leaving the person telling and the thing being told as the ergative and accusitive respectively.

And yes, Frommer seems to always negate both the verb and the object of an action.  We don't know if it is required but every case of negation he has written, that I know of, he has done the double negation.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

ShadowedSin

Ah thanks for the explanation I'm still learning the grammar and I suffice to say that it's going to take a bit to remember all of this.
\Shadow's Sin

Arrow Child