Learn Na'vi > Beginners

Shiaru's learning guide.

<< < (3/3)

Nume fpi sänume:
Im still following my original method of a new 20 words every 3-4 days. Seems to be working well so far. I took 20 base words used every day, then the next 20 were words related to those 20.

Oldslappy:
Ive actually taken little pieces from other methods floating around on this board. I'm currently using flashcards and memorizing words in order of importance. Most of the words I started out with were "yes no", really basic and essential imho. Ive just started implementing shiaru's technique, and it seems to be fine so far, although its abit daunting, because at first I was more interested in just learning the words than using the correct grammar, but Ive realized over the short period of time (2 days) Ive started, the two really go hand in hand.

I had no idea people where using skype to communicate though, that's brilliant.

Tutee A-nawm:

--- Quote from: shiaru on December 28, 2009, 05:26:21 pm ---Well I jump around the list, the human brain abhors pattern moralization, so i use a random vector approach. I just randomly choose a word I don't know then learn it. I don't want to learn it like a list because that is not how the brain learns a language, think about it, you never learned English by starting with the "A" words and then went on to the next set.

However a pattern might work for certain individual but I do not recommend it to everyone, only to those who are comfortable with it.

--- End quote ---

Nice idea.. Is it totally random, or just the random words you like when you choose them?

Irayo all :-D

shiaru:
It is random but I do choose the ones I like, that way I already have some interest in learning them thus they become more important and easier to learn.

Tutee A-nawm:

--- Quote from: shiaru on December 28, 2009, 08:49:14 pm ---It is random but I do choose the ones I like, that way I already have some interest in learning them thus they become more important and easier to learn.

--- End quote ---

I see..

Well, now I got a plan, no questions and a lot of determination. I can do this, I know I can. Thanks to Learnnavi.org, I didn't lost all hope.

Irayo everybody, irayo!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version