Main Menu

Stronger

Started by Bozemoto, January 12, 2010, 05:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozemoto

How do you say stronger as i pull the bow stronger.

I have found the word txur (strong) but i dont know how to use it to make stronger.
I', hoping that theres a rule that applies to all adjectives so the following sentences can be solved in a similar manner.

Fly higher.
Be more quiet.
I will grow taller when I grow up.
and so forth.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I do not think there is anything to make it stronger but what you could do is say More Strong or More High. Might not make much sense in English but hey this isn't English.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

wm.annis

In the movie Neytiri says txur nì'ul strong more, in one of the early scenes of her teaching him the bow.  I'd guess Na'vi doesn't have forms like -er, -est for adjectives, but uses nì'ul for this, nì'ul win faster, etc.

Taronyu

You could try *nul. nulkrr means longer, so nul- might make it a comparative adjective. Or you could use to, which is means than, and is a comparative marker. So: txur to eo: stronger than before, perhaps.

Bozemoto

I thought about it but my friend said no... He's usually right about these things, guess not in this case :D
So you dont need to add an a or anything to ni'ul?

So is there a word for 'most'?

wouldn't txur to eo mean "strong then me".
I'm guessing more in the lines of "oeti to txur ni'ul"
Dont know if it's even remotely correct though...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: wm.annis on January 12, 2010, 05:37:40 PM
In the movie Neytiri says txur nì'ul strong more, in one of the early scenes of her teaching him the bow.  I'd guess Na'vi doesn't have forms like -er, -est for adjectives, but uses nì'ul for this, nì'ul win faster, etc.

Makes sense.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Bozemoto on January 12, 2010, 05:47:02 PM
I thought about it but my friend said no... He's usually right about these things, guess not in this case :D

So is there a word for 'most'?

There is no need for the -ti being that there is only the one subject
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Taronyu

Quote from: Bozemoto on January 12, 2010, 05:47:02 PMSo is there a word for 'most'?

It would mean "strong than before". You're right, actually, this is a bit odd: mostly because eo means before, as in locational. There should be a noun there. Hmm.

We don't have a word for most.

wm.annis

Quote from: Bozemoto on January 12, 2010, 05:47:02 PM

Nope, since nì'ul is an adverb, not an adjective.

QuoteSo is there a word for 'most'?

We have to wait on Frommer for this one.

Bozemoto

Confused oe for eo... Very similar words

roger

We have an example of "most, -est" from Frommer: a-tsawl fra-to "bigger than all" = "biggest"

The actual sentence was ts‹ol›e'a sietute-t a-tsawl fra-to mì-sì-rei "(we) saw the biggest Trapper I've ever seen" (lit. '(we) saw a Trapper big(ger) than all in (my) life').