Main Menu

tafkip–

Started by Kawnga Tawtute, April 02, 2010, 10:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawnga Tawtute

I know that it means "from up among", but what does "from up among" mean??

It is very difficult for me to understand and i don't want to make any errors since i want to insert this word in my online vocabulary: http://avatar-italia.net/translator/

cheers from italy ;)

Kawnga Tawtute

oh yeah, and how do I translate "tam"?

simply "ok"?

wm.annis

Imagine you are standing on the ground, with a clear view of Hometree.  You see someone fly out on their ikran — po tswayon tafkip ayvul Kelutralä she is flying from up among the branches of Hometree.

wm.annis

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on April 02, 2010, 10:16:25 AM
oh yeah, and how do I translate "tam"?

simply "ok"?

Depends on context.  As a verb, it means "suffice, be sufficient."  By itself as an expression it can mean "ok."

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: wm.annis on April 02, 2010, 10:16:58 AM
Imagine you are standing on the ground, with a clear view of Hometree.  You see someone fly out on their ikran — po tswayon tafkip ayvul Kelutralä she is flying from up among the branches of Hometree.

why is flying? wouldn't that be tsw-er-on??

ay is the future infix... :S

oh, and ä = yä?

wm.annis

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on April 02, 2010, 12:32:26 PMwhy is flying? wouldn't that be tsw-er-on??

The verb for "to fly" is tswayon.  The early guesses that it was *tswon turned out to be incorrect.  The future would be tswayayon. ;)

Quoteoh, and ä = yä?

Yes.  Please take a look at the grammar summary PDF linked to in this post.

Kawnga Tawtute

Quote from: wm.annis on April 02, 2010, 12:36:09 PM
Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on April 02, 2010, 12:32:26 PMwhy is flying? wouldn't that be tsw-er-on??

The verb for "to fly" is tswayon.  The early guesses that it was *tswon turned out to be incorrect.  The future would be tswayayon. ;)

Quoteoh, and ä = yä?

Yes.  Please take a look at the grammar summary PDF linked to in this post.

oh s***

thanks  :D

italian dictionary updated, still, wouldn't it be tswerayon??  i don't know, how do i say "she flyes" and "she is flying"?

wm.annis

Quote from: Kawnga Tawtute on April 02, 2010, 12:42:10 PMitalian dictionary updated, still, wouldn't it be tswerayon??  i don't know, how do i say "she flyes" and "she is flying"?

We don't have to mark tense or aspect if the context makes the meaning clear.  You could use tswerayon if you wanted to be very clear about aspect.