Video of the Shaman of Songs Ride at Disney World - Need Help Translating

Started by StumHasey, July 27, 2017, 09:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StumHasey

I have created a video which is a compilation of other videos (Read the video's description to see I do not claim ownership of any of it.) to make a looped song which the Shaman of Songs sings on the Na'vi River Journey. You can loop the song by right clicking the video and clicking the word "Loop."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXXZajrIoug

I was looking for lyrics for this song when I found this webpage http://naviteri.org/2017/07/way-tiretua-the-shamans-song/ by a user named Pawl. He has posted the lyrics, but I have asked him about other words the shaman says.

After reviewing the dictionary, I think I found some of the words. At 0:18 and 1:35, the word rol means sing, at 0:40 nìmun means again, at 1:15 and 2:30 stawm oeti means hear me, and 1:54 and 3:08 irayo means thank you. Do you think these word translations are correct? Do any of you know what the words at 2:09 and 2:47 are? I will give credit to for your help by linking to this thread in the description of the video.

Irayo for reading and for your help.

Vawmataw

It seems pretty much correct.
I think at 2:09 and 2:47 she says a badly pronounced 'srane'.

Quoteby a user named Pawl
He's the creator of the Na'vi language. lol
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tirea Aean

In to say what Vawmataw said. You heard everything right and the lyrics you found were indeed accurate and complete for the song itself. Interjections the singer makes are just extra stuff.

At 0:18 and 1:35, the word rol means sing, at 0:40 nìmun means again, at 1:15 and 2:30 stawm oeti means hear me, and 1:54 and 3:08 irayo means thank you. Do you think these word translations are correct?

Srane :D // Yes (lol, this is the word you were looking for at 02:09 and 02:47 ;D)

QuoteDo any of you know what the words at 2:09 and 2:47 are?
02:09 : srane (yes)
02:47 : srane (yes)

So, I think all this information in this thread and that blog post by Frommer can create a 100% complete transcript of this particular video :)