Translation of the Flight of Passage

Started by StumHasey, January 30, 2018, 03:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StumHasey

Kaltxì, I have created a video which attempts to translate the Flight of Passage ride. You can read in the video's description I do not claim any ownership of this video. The video is posted below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeiYhUGefY

I would be very grateful for your help translating from Na'vi to English. I attempted to translate the words phonetically, but I am not confident I heard correctly or translated accurately. You have been a great help with translating the Na'vi River Journey song at the end and the Na'vi at the beginning of the same ride (translation still in progress). Irayo nìtxan for your help!

0:12 Ha lat si sa ngal, tìno fyep.

1:04 ♫Eywa, meuia. Ioi waytelem.♫

1:30 'It lopx, alìm.

1:46 Oel 'efu,

1:50 Siva ko.

2:12 ♫Ma ma, mal, ma ma, ma ma, Eywa.♫

3:26 Eywa'eveng, oel kä tstew.

3:41 Kaw'it 'i'a.

3:51 Kxem li.

P.S. Thank you for your help. As more translations come in, they will be updated in the captions of the above video. To see the Na'vi words, please select the Nauru captions.

Eana Unil

I get:

0:12
Alaksi, srak? Set ngon oet.
(Ready? Now follow me.

1:04 - 1:50
Everything is quite inaudible for me until "siva ko!" (which loosely translates to "let's go, let's do it, we can do this!").

2:12
The dramatic singing + music seems to me like the singing that also appears inside the movie, meaningless snippets of syllables. Tana, tane, mama and so on.

3:26
Eywa'eveng. Oeyä kelku. (most likely)
Pandora. My home.

3:41
Just some battle cries / cries of exitement.

3:51
Ke li.
(not yet - because she's delaying the dive downward)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eana Unil on January 30, 2018, 05:12:52 PM
I get:

0:12
Alaksi, srak? Set ngon oet.
(Ready? Now follow me.

1:04 - 1:50
Everything is quite inaudible for me until "siva ko!" (which loosely translates to "let's go, let's do it, we can do this!").

2:12
The dramatic singing + music seems to me like the singing that also appears inside the movie, meaningless snippets of syllables. Tana, tane, mama and so on.

Eywa'eveng. Ne tseltsul! (or maybe something with "... keltsun" - "impossible" or simply "oe ke tsun" - "I cannot.")
Pandora. To the whitewater rapids! - which makes no sense bc they're not going there hrh.

3:41
Just some battle cries / cries of exitement.

3:51
Ke li.
(not yet - because she's delaying the dive downward)

In to second this ^.

StumHasey

Irayo both for your help!

Quote from: Eana Unil on January 30, 2018, 05:12:52 PM
Eywa'eveng. Ne tseltsul! (or maybe something with "... keltsun" - "impossible" or simply "oe ke tsun" - "I cannot.")
Pandora. To the whitewater rapids! - which makes no sense bc they're not going there hrh.

I agree tseltsul doesn't make much sense with the context. However, after re-listening to it, I am almost certain I hear a K sound. This is the reason why at this point I chose to include Oe ke tsun in the video.

Melìsa

Quote from: StumHasey on January 30, 2018, 03:51:01 PM
Kaltxì, I have created a video which attempts to translate the Flight of Passage ride. You can read in the video's description I do not claim any ownership of this video. The video is posted below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeiYhUGefY

I would be very grateful for your help translating from Na'vi to English. I attempted to translate the words phonetically, but I am not confident I heard correctly or translated accurately. You have been a great help with translating the Na'vi River Journey song at the end and the Na'vi at the beginning of the same ride (translation still in progress). Irayo nìtxan for your help!

0:12 Ha lat si sa ngal, tìno fyep.

1:04 ♫Eywa, meuia. Ioi waytelem.♫

1:30 'It lopx, alìm.

1:46 Oel 'efu,

1:50 Siva ko.

2:12 ♫Ma ma, mal, ma ma, ma ma, Eywa.♫

3:26 Eywa'eveng, oel kä tstew.

3:41 Kaw'it 'i'a.

3:51 Kxem li.

P.S. Thank you for your help. As more translations come in, they will be updated in the captions of the above video. To see the Na'vi words, please select the Nauru captions.

I seen this and some of it is right but I watched this over and over and the guide is saying "PANDORA, MY HOME!!!" translated and it sounded like that she fainly says "Soleia!" at the end it was very faint but it sounded like she says "YOU DID IT (Soleia!)
Kaltxì Oel Ayngati Kameie Oeru syaw Melìsa I love and respect the Na'vi
Oe tawtute lu

Tirea Aean

Ohey Melìsa :D I see you have found the forum thread I have been talking about in Discord. :D

Quote from: Melìsa on November 17, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
I seen this and some of it is right but I watched this over and over and the guide is saying "PANDORA, MY HOME!!!" translated and it sounded like that she fainly says "Soleia!" at the end it was very faint but it sounded like she says "YOU DID IT (Soleia!)

I agree. Now that I've had another look at this. :)

Melìsa

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 17, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
Ohey Melìsa :D I see you have found the forum thread I have been talking about in Discord. :D

Quote from: Melìsa on November 17, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

I agree. Now that I've had another look at this. :)

Irayo ma Tirea cuz I fainly hear what sounds like "Soleia" and glad I could help ...frawzo

UPDATE: I finally figured it out that phrase she said at the end is ACTUALLY "Oel ngati kameie" NOT "Soleia"
Oe tawtute lu

Eana Unil

Since the official soundtrack "Pandora: World of Avatar" has been released, it's easier to understand now everything the ikran rider says during the Flight of Passage. So I gave it another shot and heard her say the following:

----------
Alaksi, srak? - Ready?
Nong oet! - Follow me!

Eywa(l) ftxoley - Eywa has chosen

Fìfya'o! - This way!
Siva ko! - Let's do this!

Eywa'eveng - Pandora
Oey(ä) kelku! - my home!

Ke li! - Not yet!

Oel ngati kameie - I see you
----------

Eìrä

Srane...i heard that...the Na'vi guide was saying "Soleia"
I have been watched many times to Avatar Park...Rise To The Challenge...and it's amazing and Beautiful...i want to go to the Avatar Park...in one day...i wish very much...from all ma oeyä txe'lan!!!!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Melìsa

Quote from: Eana Unil on January 04, 2019, 05:46:16 PM
Since the official soundtrack "Pandora: World of Avatar" has been released, it's easier to understand now everything the ikran rider says during the Flight of Passage. So I gave it another shot and heard her say the following:

----------
Alaksi, srak? - Ready?
Nong oet! - Follow me!

Fìfya'o! - This way!

Eywa'eveng - Pandora
Oey(ä) kelku! - my home!

Ke li! - Not yet!

----------

Irayo I just now watched it and you're right
Oe tawtute lu

StumHasey

Quote from: Eana Unil on January 04, 2019, 05:46:16 PM

----------
Alaksi, srak? - Ready?
Nong oet! - Follow me!

Fìfya'o! - This way!

Eywa'eveng - Pandora
Oey(ä) kelku! - my home!

Ke li! - Not yet!

----------

Irayo. I appreciate you updating the translations after all this time! I've updated the Closed Captions in the video to what you said.

Tirea Aean

Here's what I got on the lines in this thing (not necessarily in order of appearance). Fairly confident this time.

EDIT: Perhaps the next move is to timestamp these and put them in order.

Na'viEnglish
Alaksi srak? Nong oet!Ready? Follow me!
Fìfya'o!Fìfya'o!
Nìler.[Fly] steadily!
Nari si.Careful.
Tam. Var kivä.OK. Keep going.
Tsun tivam.Not bad.
May' fìkem sivi.Try this.
Eywa ftxoley.Eywa has chosen.
Alaksi lu nga. Tsun fìkem sivi.You're ready. You can do this.
Siva ko!Rise to the challenge!
Soleia!You rose to the challenge!
Makto ko.Let's ride.
Eywa'eveng. Oey kelku.Pandora. My home.
Nìn tsat, sätaron.Look, a hunt.
'Ä'... Ke li!Whoops... not yet!
Oel ngati kameie.I See you

Melìsa

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 22, 2019, 11:02:16 AM
Here's what I got on the lines in this thing (not necessarily in order of appearance). Fairly confident this time.

EDIT: Perhaps the next move is to timestamp these and put them in order.

Na'viEnglish
Alaksi srak? Nong oet!Ready? Follow me!
Fìfya'o!Fìfya'o!
Nìler.[Fly] steadily!
Nari si.Careful.
Tam. Var kivä.OK. Keep going.
Tsun tivam.Not bad.
May' fìkem sivi.Try this.
Eywa ftxoley.Eywa has chosen.
Alaksi lu nga. Tsun fìkem sivi.You're ready. You can do this.
Siva ko!Rise to the challenge!
Soleia!You rose to the challenge!
Makto ko.Let's ride.
Eywa'eveng. Oey kelku.Pandora. My home.
Nìn tsat, sätaron.Look, a hunt.
'Ä'... Ke li!Whoops... not yet!
Oel ngati kameie.I See you

Oh ok ma Stum Hasey and true ma Tirea I saw these one the 2017 Avatar meet video and ok glad you fixed the translations ma Stum :)
Oe tawtute lu