Where do I start?!

Started by nìToitsye skxawng, October 15, 2010, 02:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nìToitsye skxawng

Hey guys i'm new and i want to learn this language in a week cause my friends comin back home and i want to piss him off with it. I watched the movie 11 damn times but i couldnt get enough! Then i saw this page and thought to sign in to learn. Here I am and i got a quiz which i invented in a boring lesson at school^^
I dont know whether or where to post it. It's about some general facts off the movie and some language skills i got while watchin the movie..
Maybe you can help me...
I love this putter Ronny i love this putter! - Parker

Ftiafpi

Quote from: nìToitsye skxawng on October 15, 2010, 02:15:15 PM
Hey guys i'm new and i want to learn this language in a week cause my friends comin back home and i want to piss him off with it. I watched the movie 11 damn times but i couldnt get enough! Then i saw this page and thought to sign in to learn. Here I am and i got a quiz which i invented in a boring lesson at school^^
I dont know whether or where to post it. It's about some general facts off the movie and some language skills i got while watchin the movie..
Maybe you can help me...
Kaltxì!

Well, that's quite a lot. First off, when you're starting a new topic like that, actually create a new topic in the forum, otherwise stuff like this well get buried. I've split this post off into a new topic for you so no worries here.

First, what do you mean by "learn the language"? Do you want to be able to speak it fluently? If so there no way you'll be able to learn it in a week (unless you have a VERY good memory). However, one can learn the basics of the grammar in a week and you can easily learn many common phrases and their pronunciation in a week. Don't expect too much though, as with all languages it takes a fair amount of time and dedication to learn.

Not trying to discourage you however, we have plenty of good resources and will happily help you try to reach your goals. I'd suggest checking out the stickies in the beginner forum threads and generally browse the various "useful documents" (stickied at the top of this forum). Na'vi in a Nutshell is a great place to start.

Furthermore, if you prefer German we have a quite active German forum below this one, I suggest saying "kaltxì" in there as well. If you ever have a question feel free to post it. As for your quiz, I'd say post it here or perhaps in the Avatar movie related thread.

Zola'u nìprrte' ma 'eylan, mipa tute oeru lu prrte'.

nìToitsye skxawng

You know, at first i wanna learn the basics and a few sentences to impress him and then i wanna learn it to speak fluently cause i got enough time after school (im good and fast at learning languages) and i love the movie and Pandora!
thx for the hint with the german forum, i didnt notice it^^ but i think i will stay in the english one cause my friend is dutch and hes better in english than in german and he wants to join this one after holiday.
I love this putter Ronny i love this putter! - Parker