Where do I start?!

Started by xientha, September 28, 2010, 02:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xientha

Seriously, I don`t know where to start. I really want to learn Na`vi..
But it`s hard.
I don`t know what to begin with... Help?!

tìyawn Xientha.

Payä Tìrol

NiaN covers a lot of how Na'vi works in a very understandable style.
This covers a bunch of the linguistics concepts that you may find useful.
Taronyu's dictionary is well... a dictionary. It's updated often.
This is the online wiki dictionary.

Feel free to ask if you have questions :)
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Check the NgayNume project, log on to Teamspeak and I may be able to teach you when you're online :-)

Hufwe Atxur

What might helps beside reading all those guides is to have a look on many posts in the Beginners-subforum, that's the way how I unterstood some of the things I didn't understand first ;)
And yeah, keep on learning this language in the first weeks - I didn't do so and I had to read most parts of the guide again (okay, maybe because I was learning some other things, but it ain't bad to not stop learning).
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!

Nyx

I'd suggest taking a look at basic grammar (NiaN is good for this) and then learning some words. That way you can start using the language and start learning from your mistakes. Check out this list.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Make up a few favorite sentences, or borrow some favorite dialogue from the film. Memorize it and speak it often. This will help you in many ways, and give you some useful things to say. A good place to start might be the 3 part addition on conversational words in Paul Frommer's blog http://naviteri.org/

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Le'eylan

You could try THIS if you're interested in not translating stuff  :D

Here is the full list of my Prezis.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

DW

Those are some helpful links!

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Meynari Ke'nawm

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 04, 2010, 01:37:40 AM
Make up a few favorite sentences, or borrow some favorite dialogue from the film. Memorize it and speak it often. This will help you in many ways, and give you some sueful things to say. A good place to start might be the 3 part addition on conversational words in Paul Frommer's blog http://naviteri.org/
Yup. I agree. I just learned a bunch of random, but useful words. I figured that I couldn't learn grammar without knowing the material. Good luck!
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

Ftiafpi

Also, if you want, find someone to tutor you. I'm willing as I'm sure plenty of others are. Also, I didn't see the IRC mentioned, that's a great place for quick questions or to chat easily with a bunch of Na'vi speakers.

Tsamsiyu92

Na'vi in a nutshell is a good guide. It is (in my opinion at least) sordet according to what is advicable to learn first. I sugegest you start there.

Don't do the same mistake as I did, which is not minding vocabulary so much.