Previous topic - Next topic

Beginner

What to do?
2 (100%)
What to do?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

GouluTa

How are sentences put together. Or words. I get the idea the vowels but I guess im loss on how to put the two together. Let alone not understanding how to speak. Looking for a teacher!
Gou'Ta

Muzer

Na'vi in a Nutshell is a great place to start - http://forum.learnnavi.org/learning-resources/navi-in-a-nutshell-4845/

If you want help with anything specific, let us know.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Tsamsiyu92

First, calm down. I want to tell you that this is not done overnight, be patient. As for learning it, go through Na'vi In A Nutshell (see useful documents' thread), and do it slowly, you need to digest new information properly. Try to make sentences with what you have learned and come to us to let us help you.

For vocabulary, look for Taronyu's Dictionary, it has all the words we know. Remember to put this on as high priority as grammar.

There are some nice podcasts somewhere here for pronounciation.

Zol'a nìprrte', ma hapxìtu amip, ulte lrrtok ngaru!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Kaltxì and welcome to the Learn Na`vi forums!

Based on your questions, here is how I would start.

First of all, if you are not familiar with linguistic terminology, download and read  'a crash course in linguistic terminology'. The linguistic terms here go well beyond a lot of typical grammar courses in school, and you need to be familiar with at least the commonly used terms.

Second, download and read 'Na`vi in a nutshell'. At the moment, this is the most complete guide to the language that exists. There is some sentence construction material there, but it is still a work-in-progress.

Of course, download the latest version of Taronyu's dictionary. The first time around, it is worth reading the dictionary, just to get a feel for the words that are currently available. This dictionary is updated almost daily.

Read Paul Frommer's blog. He has some very helpful (if not somewhat advanced) stuff there.

Once you have a feel for things, post some sentences. Some people here will rip them to shreds better than a palulukan! But, this is how you learn how to do it right.

And don't feel intimidated or 'behind the curve'. Becoming proficent will take some time. Despite having excellent English writing skills (I do technical writing as part of my job, and also write fiction for fun), I struggle with Na`vi sentence construction. And, I have been working at it now for 5 months. (One of my long-term goals is to write a comprehensive guide to sentence construction once I master it.)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on July 19, 2010, 03:12:16 PM
Zol'a(ei)u nìprrte', ma hapxìtu amip, ulte lrrtok ngaru!

Crazy little things called typos ::)
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!