Beginner Na'vi Chat Thread

Started by Alyara Arati, April 25, 2013, 01:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you feel that a beginner Na'vi chat thread as described would be a valuable addition to the Learn Na'vi forum, and would you participate in such a thread?

Yes; I will participate as a Beginning Student
5 (27.8%)
Yes; I will participate as an Active Teacher.
3 (16.7%)
Yes; I will participate as an Experienced Student.
5 (27.8%)
Yes; I may participate as a Lurking Student
1 (5.6%)
Yes; I may participate as a Lurking Teacher
4 (22.2%)
No.  Please provide constructive feedback.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Alyara Arati

I have been thinking for some time about starting a practice thread where beginning students, as well as those who are more experienced, can chat in Na'vi and be assured of gentle correction and clear explanation of their mistakes.  This would be an encouraging environment where no one should be fearful or reluctant to post, and different from the existing Na'vi chat threads in that it would allow explanations in English and would be stickied in the Beginner Section.  If you support this plan to encourage people to come together for the purpose of learning and the benefit of Learn Na'vi in general, but do not find a category that fits you, feel free to make suggestions and comments below.

Please read the choices above as: ;)

1) Yes! :D Beginning Student:  I am excited about learning Na'vi and will enthusiastically participate.
2) Yes! :D Active Teacher:  I am committed to encouraging beginners and will enthusiastically participate.
3) Yes! :D Experienced Student:  I welcome this opportunity to hone my skills and help others.
4) Yes. :) Lurking Student:  I welcome this opportunity to observe and may in time have the confidence to participate.
5) Yes. :) Lurking Teacher:  I applaud the concept, but may only monitor and periodically participate.
6) No.  :( None of the Above:  Please contribute by providing constructive feedback and suggestions.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Plumps

Sìltsana säfpìl nìwotx! :)

Oel slan tsasäfpìlti sko haryu ketsran tsivun oe.

Seze Mune

Tirea Aean

I Totally support this idea and will follow closely, popping in when I can. I guess that falls in with Lurking Teacher (maybe sometimes I can be more active)

Please let me know what I can do to help as a mod. :D

Kemaweyan

Skxakep oe nìteng tsivun srung sivi krro krro. Txo livu skxom a ziva'u fte pivängkxo, tsakrr oe fmivi pamrel sivi si, txo tsari livu tìkin, oeyktivìng 'uot.
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Blue Elf

It's hard to select my category, I'm not sure if I'm more any king of teacher or experienced student. But if thread will be established, I plan to be helpful as much as my time permits.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 26, 2013, 07:06:34 AM
...experienced student. But if thread will be established, I plan to be helpful as much as my time permits.

Same for me :)

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tanri

Sivung oeti nìteng! ;)

Beginning - always
Active - as time allows
Experienced - who knows
Lurking - nothing describes me better
;D
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Vawmataw

Yes!  Experienced Student:  I welcome this opportunity to hone my skills and help others.
That's all me!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

It's really hard to find the correct category for me... :-X

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

This poll should have allowed more than one choice. I voted as 'lurking teacher', but 'experienced student' applies just as well.

This has been tried a couple of times before and never lasted. Maybe this time, it will.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Taronyu

You don't need to self identify as a speaker or a teacher to help. In the first days, I used to correct people without knowing anything. When I was corrected, that's how I Iearned I didn't know something well enough.

Just start it. :)

Swoka Tsamsiyu

Kaltxì ma frapo,
I just stay in the background as a lurking student for now. I haven't the confidence to write anything in Na'vi down just yet. What helps for me is when I write emails to someone who is from this place I use the Na'vi words instead of the English that I know. As to get the hang of using them. And as I progress we put in all the infixes, prefixes and other stuff that for the moment keeps eluding me at this point. :-[

Eana Unil

So... quite many people voted and answered this thread; when will the Beginner Na'vi Chat Thread start/be continued? :)

Ma aysngä'iyu/aynumeyu/haryu, nì'i'a pivängkxo, tskxekeng sivi sì nivume 'awsiteng ko! :D

Alyara Arati

I'll start the thread tomorrow. :)  Today is my birthday, and I've been a little busy getting ready for that, but there's no need to wait any longer.  I'm so glad you're all excited to begin! :D
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Eana Unil

'ä', ftxozäri aylrrtok ngar, ma Alyara! :)

Just recieved a PM from Taronyu Leleioae regarding this topic, I'm looking forward to the new thread :)

Plumps

Quote from: Alyara Arati on May 01, 2013, 10:53:15 AM
Today is my birthday, ... :D

Nong tsmuketi alu Eana Unil oel ulte peng ngar san ftxozäri aylrrtok ngar, ma Alyara!

Kamean

Ma Aylara - seykxel sì nìtram! :D :D :D

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Alyara Arati

Irayo nìtxan ma pxesmuk!  I have decided that I am now 2 1/2, since I joined LN in Jan. 2011 ;)
~ Leonardo da Vinci