1 Samuel 11:11

Started by Eltu Lefngap Makto, December 19, 2011, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eltu Lefngap Makto

I wanted to practice my dual and trial:

It was so on the next day, that Saul put the people in three companies; and they came into the midst of the camp in the morning watch, and struck the Ammonites until the heat of the day:

Lolen trray fwa yolem Tsa'ulìl Na'viti pxesamponguru.  Zola'u fo kxamla 'awm rewonmi, ulte tolakuk 'Amonit vaykrr tìsom trrä.

It happened the next day that Saul placed the People in three war parties.  They came through the middle of the camp at dawn, and struck Amon until the heat of the day.

and it happened, that those who remained were scattered, so that no two of them were left together.

Lolen fwa kolurakx 'usì'awna suteti, tafral mehawtu ke tok 'awsiteng.

It happened that (they) drove out the remain persons, therefore no two one existed together.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

Tirea Aean

looks good.

except forgetting accents, I assume typos. (kxamlä, rewonmì )

and that mehawtu doesn't make sense. it would always just be kawtu. but to fit better to "that no two of them were left together"

tafral ke tok kea mesute 'awsiteng 

(not 100% on kea mesute, but I'm sure that mehawtu doesn't work)

Great to see that you are still translating verses. :D

Eltu Lefngap Makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 19, 2011, 05:30:58 PM
except forgetting accents, I assume typos. (kxamlä, rewonmì )
Don't know what happened there.  Sorry.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 19, 2011, 05:30:58 PM
and that mehawtu doesn't make sense. it would always just be kawtu. but to fit better to "that no two of them were left together"

tafral ke tok kea mesute 'awsiteng 

(not 100% on kea mesute, but I'm sure that mehawtu doesn't work)
This Neoplastic stuff always confused me.  :P

I think the idea is, if the pronoun has a negative in it, you still need the negative adverb ke.  But I don't think that means we need two ke's every time.  If I'm right, it would just be:

Lolen trray fwa yolem Tsa'ulìl Na'viti pxesamponguru.  Zola'u fo kxamlä 'awm rewonmì, ulte tolakuk 'Amonit vaykrr tìsom trrä.
Lolen fwa kolurakx 'usì'awna suteti, tafral ke tok mesute 'awsiteng.

Great to see that you are still translating verses. :D
Irayo!  I think about Na'vi all the time in class and church.  Aspect and tense and 1st-person-inclusive and near-future are all so fascinating!
'Ivong, Na'vi!

Tirea Aean

You're probably right. I was REALLY most hesitant about putting that kea in there.